Universal [Soft Launch CA/PH] Skullgirls (by LINE Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    11 more days till eliza?
    :D:D

2. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    OMG

GAME 1.2 IS OUT!!

will report shortly on if I can get a gold eliza....

lots of gems saved!

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    quite possibly the best battler on mobile (at least during soft launch) let's see if they got greedy for release - but i hope not!

4. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Did a bit more research and looks like we have to wait for Eliza...

She is "released" in the "Prize Fight" then after that, will be available in relics?

Not sure but right now I will save my gems and see what happens after I finish this Tier 10 in Gold event for Filia.

5. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #145 ramzarules, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    @osterus did you get a gold from evolution or pulls? all of mine are bronze except one silver filia... and i am thinking to restart losing all progress for some luckier pulls. What do you think?

Edit: i restarted, and this time logged in with my gmail, and i didnt get the reward from login like it gave me when i logged with my fb. hmmmm

6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    oh and now the AI on bosses and treasure fights is BRUTAL. Blocking everything and countering, with your fighter not able to land a hit and get her butt kicked. Not a fan of this.

7. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Yeah, I don't find it a lot of fun either. The AI just turtles and requires a slower, less enjoyable style of play to counter.

8. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    They really changed the AI so all they do is block.

You can't even throw them because they will counter it.

Then block.

I find it best to just let them damage you and you can just blockbuster them LOL. Take all damage and don't fight to win.:eek:

9. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #149 ramzarules, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    yeap, the AI turtling has significantly reduced my desire to play. It's not fun to get instablocked and countered 90% of the time. Hopefully they will change it back because it went from the "most fluid battler" to the "most frustrating" in one update. If it's on PS4 i will just buy the thing there and get over it.

EDIT OMG and xp from replaying stages with new characters to level up is next to zero. The only way to level them up now is to fuse with other characters that you have to buy with diamonds. Good job team, you ruined it all.

I advise everyone to stay away until- and if- they fix this ultra greedy update.

10. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Hm they nerfed a lot it seems.

Never knew exp from replaying stages was next to zero but i noticed GOLD dropped a lot.

But now there is a gold event in Prize Fight.

And in Prize Fight, you can level characters there....

Seems like Prize Fight is the way to go now. It's going to be super tough for new players but right now I will have over 100 gold fighters soon lol.

And will have almost over 100 million gold soon. Tis game too easy if you are experienced.

11. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    100 gold fighters and 100 million gold? soon? i dont know how you are calculating, or how many months youve been playing,

all i know is i started this week, i just got three silver characters and it takes 4!!! energy each prize fight, for 200 xp!!! IF i win the AI from turtle bay.

if they dont change things for next weeks release they will be having you with your 100 golds and madreviewer who wanted the game to be more difficult, less generous so he can throw his money at it. The rest of us and the new players get shafted hard.

12. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    They give top 10% players 1 gold character every few days it seems.

So every 3 days the top 10% playerbase will be getting 1 gold cahracter.

Basically it will take 300 days to get another 100 gold characters lol.

I already have over 5 million gold. But the new prize event makes you get like 250k gold every few days or so...

so yeah... it seems this game is very very very giving to experienced players but new players get shafted hard... :eek:

13. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Yup, that's exactly the problem I currently see. I can progress in the events and other modes since I already have a bunch of gold and silver characters that have been upgraded. Players with characters even more fully upgraded likely have even less of an issue. However, newer players are going to become frustrated pretty quickly when they realize how much of a grind getting gold has become for them until they can hit a point were they actually get a benefit from the new modes. Combined with the new hyper-turtling AI, I'm hoping the world-wide release doesn't flop due to new players just quitting out of shear boredom.

14. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Yep, the game seems to punish new players and favour top 1%.

Not exactly the type of motivation I was hoping to see prior to release.

I get that the game is meant to be harder but I feel like rewarding the top 1% with golds every few days is a bit much....

all imo.

15. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    happy to see even the more advanced players like you agree. and as my last complaining post,

I spent all my gems and rewards, and have now opened over 25 PRIME relics (not the bronze fighter ones, prime) with all my gems and rewards from acts.
    It got me all bronzes, 2!!! silvers and one third silver from filling the shard to get meter.

Way to convince me to not spend any money. Generous game? oh yeah, try spending everything and getting next to nothing. Then the stupid AI and the horrific xp rate are just the cherry on top. Do you know what i got from 25 pulls in IJ2? 4 gold characters, i guess they want me to play! Anyway, Enough from me, i am just sad if they never improve this, it could have been the BEST but i could swear, EA must have taken over it...

16. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Ouch. I think you got really unlucky.

Either that or the drop rates may have been changed...

Last patch, I got a gold every 10-15 relics.. but seemed to get lucky a few times..

currently sitting on 6 golds but cant remember how many premiere relics i've opened so far. It was probably well over 50 though.

This game would be really tough without at least 1 gold character though!!

edit: i also play IJ2 and get neverending shards... not even characters. They are SUPER stingy over at injustice too.

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA