Universal [Soft Launch CA/PH] Skullgirls (by LINE Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    You lose the bronze character, but the character keeps the same look/clothes/attribute. It will turn into a level 1 silver. But, the skills from the tree stay. Maybe the not being able to enter silver battles with a evolved bronze character isn't a bug. Because the way their gatcha system might work is that if you would get the bronze again, it would try to give you the same bronze character again instead of a duplicate bonus. But, hopefully they can find a way around that so we could enter silver only battles with them. It's not that big of a deal though, because if you play long enough you'll eventually get a silver character to use. Might just take a while. Here's an updated screenshot of my characters:

Attached Files:

2. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    #42 Osterus, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Oh wow... this means it's a good idea to save up 1k gems or something then and upgrade all silver characters at level 30.

This way you can have level 1 bronze again...

This is a little annoying lol. Because some battles you need bronze only champions..ZzzZ

also congrats on your level 16 gold! wow my gold is only level 11.. so tough to level!

Edit: if that's not a bug... then umm... that's going to be really hard to understand for a lot of people. If you upgrade from bronze to silver but it is still a bronze character that's super weird.

I think there are 2 bugs?

1) Bronze remains bronze characters upon leveling up.
    2) The game thinks you still have the bronze character so it does not reward you with the bronze.

This is super weird. Hopefully devs can clarity.

3. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I see what you're saying. I never thought of it like that. If you upgrade all your bronze characters, you wouldn't have any anymore to do bronze only battles. I guess that's probably the reason why after you evolve them, they're still considered bronze.

4. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    #44 Osterus, Apr 11, 2017
    I actually updated my post above.

I still think it's logical for bronze to update to silver and these are new "silver characters".

I am not 100% sure though... it is very confusing lol.

It will be extremely confusing if you upgrade from bronze to silver to gold and then you find a "gold only" or "silver only" or "bronze only" challenge..

And now you have 10 golds and 10 silvers and 10 bronze and you have NO IDEA WHICH CHARACTERS ARE BRONZE / SILVER / GOLD!!!

That's why i think a bronze upgraded to silver should be a silver character. Kinda a big bug... but oh well.

5. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Found a few more bugs to be checked out:-

1) Canopy Bounce cannot be equipped by Parasoul (No Egrets). Equipping it and going "back" has the error message "Beep. Boop. We can't communicate with the game server! Error Code: 2.UDE.59"

2) Using Energy in "Story Mode" for any character does not flow on to energy in "Quick Play" mode. Unless characters have different energy meters for both story mode and Quick play mode? Seems strange.

3) Today's Daily Event with BIG BAND (e.g. expert mode with BIG BAND 3,915 power) has the bosses going invincible every 0.1 seconds. This means you get 1 piece of damage before 2 second of immunity, 1 piece of damage before 2 second immunity, 1 piece of damage before 2 second immunity, 1 piece of damage beore 2 second immunity... etc. IT goes on for 3 bloody minutes...

The last one seems like a major bug but unsure if this was intended to just make the game "harder" but to me it seems extremely anti- fun when you try to kill monsters are they are near perma-immune.

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    How many golds do you have?
    1 for me just curious how many everyone has
    I don't mind them being hard to get so to speak
    Other than the bugs and stamina going fast I really like this game and I'm sure it will get ironed out
    As I get more characters that does help with the stamina and allow me to play longer since it's like MKX in the fact that your stamina is based on fighters stamina

7. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #47 Buffy6, Apr 11, 2017
    For #1, I've only been equipping and leveling up my silver parasoul. Edit: Wait a minute, my silver parasoul is the No Egrets one. I take that back, I've been using canopy bounce on her for quite a while now and never had a problem. You're using the same one as my strongest one in my screenshot, right? See attached screenshot, I have canopy bounce equipped #2 is correct, that there are 2 different energy meters, one for story and one for quick play. You can see one is orange (story) and the other is blue (quick play) Would have to play again to see for daily events (but I think it just uses story energy) I like that the way it is, since quick play is an extra chance to level up your characters more when you run out of energy in story. And I think #3 is supposed to be like that to make it harder as well.

I just have the one Gold Peacock that I have in my screenshots. I need another one to play the one Gold only battle in story mode where you need 2 gold characters.

Attached Files:

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    The one gold I have is Filia parasite weave
    I was just curious if everyone was getting same one but they aren't so that's good
    Big band is my favorite one :)

9. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    I've got Gold Peacock Untouchable and Gold Cerebella Harlequin...

Got really lucky off my first 5 boxes or so. Since then every one has been bronze...

I got 2 silvers by getting enough bronze dupes to get the silver character x2 lol.

Hmm Filia and peacock seem like the 2 strongest characters in the game.

Has anyone also unlocked ADVANCED COMBO on painwheel? WARNING: DO NOT DO IT. It ruins your combo attacks!! you end up flying in the air and the monster ends up attacking u instead of trying to hit the enemy into the air!!!

BIG MISTAKE. AND CANNOT REFUND. FML :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also I unlocked ADVANCED COMBO on my Cerebella. She can actually do a decent combo now.

Highly recommend unlocking it on Cerabella... don't make my mistake and unlock it on Painwheel as it ruins the character....

Feel liek deleting my silver 1,068 Painwheel now... it cant combo noww... :eek:

10. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Oh wow.. you managed to equip Canopy Bounce.

I have a bronze Canopy Bounce and get an error message every time I try to equip FML.

11. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #51 Buffy6, Apr 11, 2017
    I have a Gold Canopy Bounce equipped, I just tested a bronze one and you're right, it does give an error. I just didn't know which version of canopy bounce you had equipped.

Edit: Silver Canopy bounce also works. It's just that bronze one for some reason.

Edit2: Just 100%'d Expert on today's Big Band event. And got Take a Ride on the A train skill. I still like Strike up the Band more though.

Attached Files:

12. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Ah bugged confirmed then.

Hopefully they can fix this soon.

Also didn't realise the "quick battle" does not reward gold... lol. So yep you are right... this game you can basically play all day and not run out of energy

13. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Well at the level I'm at, I'm starting to run out of energy, because it takes so much longer to level characters up now. But, yes before I was just using most of my diamonds/gems to refill stamina.

14. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Wow.. how strong is your big band?

Mine is ~600 and can't kill the final expert boss :(

15. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    1,177 Resonant Evil Big Band

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    agreed buffy once you get your characters leveled high it's a lot of waiting to play

17. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    lucky you !

gotta say the invincible thing is kinda of a turn off...

18. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I think it's mostly so if you use a special move, they block most of the damage. So, just time the specials at the right time is what I usually do. But, more times than not I use one and they have the shield on after the first hit. If you have two specials charged just wait until their shield icon goes away and then use the second one.

19. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Ah I will try that thanks!

Level 28 now... just had some questions if some kind folks mind answering:-

1) For Parasoul, I updated her "signature ability" and the previous one where "tears" drop. How do you actually charge to make the tears explode? I tried doing everything and can't seem to make it work.

2) I have a few bronze characters at level 30. How do you get 100 skill points in order to upgrade that character?

20. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Okay found a new bug with Painwheel.

Tested with Silver and Bronze.

Once you update the "Advanced Combo" on the Skill tree for Painwheel, her light tap, light tap, light tap, swipe up combo gets messed up/delayed.

Usually enemies cannot counter any character's light tapx3 swipe up combo. After you upgrade Advanced Combo it seems there is some delay in swipe up because the game is trying to register you trying to double swipe up (and fly uselessly in the air to get killed).

Double swipe up for Painwheel really also needs looking into. It's a DOWNGRADE upgrading this and I wish the devs can either allow us to refund points or fix this bug with Painwheel.

One of my fav silver champs absolutely got wrecked because of a skill tree "upgrade" :confused::confused: