Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #101 Montanx, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Can someone explain something about the HR levels? I know you gain levels through finding the relics, but are there repeatable ones later that you can farm to give more? For example, you get each relic on an island and it gives you a certain amount of the stele mats to raise your level. . Are there ways to grind stele in repeatable fashion on other islands?

2. Sleemo

Sleemo New Member

Apr 21, 2016
    I think the multiplayer just doesn't have a ton of people playing at the moment, and you also only see people that are sitting waiting in a room. I've found that if I start a room, and send an "invite all" to my clan, I can normally get a game going in a couple minutes. Rarely do I see one waiting for more people, as they likely fill up fast.

3. Melfchuah

Melfchuah Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Actually the lance is pretty nice.

4. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #106 Montanx, Apr 21, 2016
    What you said has nothing to do with what I said. Like not even remotely at all. Please reread my post as I am really looking for clarity on that. Disregard the "to where I am seeing people" part because I think thats where you are misinterpreting. I am saying how do you raise HR levels so high when there are only a handful of relics per island. Are there repeatable ones that you can farm stele mats?

5. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #107 Montanx, Apr 21, 2016
    I think I now prefer the dual blades weapon. What are your favorites?

6. Sleemo

Sleemo New Member

Apr 21, 2016
    My b. I was reading yours as "How can I raise my HR levels, because i can't find people to play with."

Haven't seen repeatable Stele stuff yet. Who knows.

7. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I really like the switch axe so EP's combo post was very insightful :)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I main switch axe right now. Hammers are quite boring this time around, and so are longswords. They just arent clicking with me. GS have always been my favorite class since my first MH, so i played them a bit and i liked it here, but decided to main Switch Axes since i miss Switch Axes back in MHP3 on the PSP as they werent in MHFU.

9. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #112 kenken11, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Good stuff over there. Which weapon u used to hunt the boss alone?

Still didn't get used to using the GS. Understand the dmg is overly high when charged with 3 bars but during my many instances there are not much time window for boss to stand still there for you to charge. What's the 2nd best weapon at Japan server?

10. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    #113 Melfchuah, Apr 22, 2016
    I'm using full barroth with the Barroth GS +10. I saw that lagiacrus was next on the event roster and farmed accordingly. Was pleasantly surprised that "dye hard" material quest had lagiacrus as well so i managed to farm lots of lifecrystals and upgrade my gear.

It's important to understand that the greatsword is good not just for its high burst damage, but it's also the fact that you can start off with charging your greatsword and hold it there until the enemies come to you. Your normal attacks are also cancellable to block, making the weapon insanely safe to use. For 3 star boss mobs, I would say the 2nd best imho is lance. Counter is really broken if you time it right and the ability to charge towards the opponent without worrying about sharpness is great to have.

11. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Any tips on using GS to farm the boss. Seem too hard for me. Was having better luck with bow :(

12. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    Touch the body to make sure you're aiming the shell shockers.

If he does the small aoe Lightning field, block and once the block animation ends, hold and start triple charging.

Do the same for hip check.

Once it flinches, go for triple charge

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #116 Exact-Psience, Apr 22, 2016
    GS is really OP in this iteration of MH since the drawback of slow movement is negated by having no sheathe animations anymore, and that holding the block button while using normal attacks can cancel them into block.

Same with Lances and Gunlances.

Block animations also feel like you have an innate "guard+1" skill back in MHFU.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Does anyone know what timeline the event schedule is? I cant figure it out, and ive been missing lagia events

15. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    8am to 9am game time
    11pm to 12pm SG time

12pm to 1pm game time
    3am to 4am SG time

6pm to 7pm game time
    9am to 10am SG time

10pm to 11pm game time
    1pm to 2pm SG time

I am using Singapore timing. So do your conversion ya.

16. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    time is based on vancouver

17. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Finally got my 3 stars bow to +20! Woohoo. Now grinding daily medium difficulty shall be easier :)