Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I don't hate it ... I have not figured out what the IAP gems are really for... To auto battle? Really? In a MH game? I guess I can deal with this game till the update hits but not sure yet if it really scratches the itch. It IS a social RPG and I just don't like them.

2. Melfchuah

Melfchuah Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Gems are used for boosting attack, def before quest, unlocking extra rewards, reviving, and autoplay.

I was doing event quest solo since the hp of the event bosses scale. so you can solo this game pretty much

3. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    We have a clan going yet? Or anyone want to add me as a buddy? I'm enjoying this so far.

4. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Dumb question, how do you rank up? Just progress through the story?

5. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    Yup. Treasures will give you Augnites to lvl up your HR

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    So it's a one-button Monster hunter game? But none of the "hunting" this time ie. Running around different sectors of the map actually "hunting"? No combos? Gathering materials? What about equipment? Can you make equipment out of the looted monsters and customize your character? I also heard the game is quite linear

7. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    Not really one button, some weapons have like 3 buttons?
    No "hunting"
    No combos
    There's gathering materials but for this soft launch not that important.
    No you cannot make weapons/armor out of their looted monster, you can customise what armor you wear.
    VERY LINEAR.

8. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    So how similar is this to the Dynamic Hunting app that was out a couple of years or so ago?

9. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    Same controls i would say.

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    1 gripe so far, the daily dungeon system. It doesn't have different dungeon types each day, instead it has the one dungeon, each day a different difficulty. This means it'll be a few days before we see the 'easy' setting dungeon heh.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Gathered materials not that important in a Monster Hunter game?! That doesn't sound like a Monster Hunter game. Even MH Dynamic Hunting had you use gathered materials to craft new weapons/armor, despite there not actually being any hunting in that either.

12. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    Later on, it will be. Right now a lot of the stuff are pretty much unfarmable unless you're very patient or if you drop a bunch of money for the gems.

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That's just weird though. Every monster defeated in MHFU and even MHDH would wield a piece or two of usable items when it comes to crafting something. Weird that aspect isn't more fleshed out in this, especially since a F2P mechanic of buying the same items to craft something faster than just fighting for them would make perfect sense. Give me 2 scales after I kill something and I'll feel productive, even if it takes 20 to make the next weapon. But make scales ultra rare drops, and make me pay for them instead, and I'd feel cheated and discouraged from playing. However it works here, hope they tweek it to perfection in this soft launch.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Adding to this post:
    1. Yeah... Depends on weapon types. Everything has at least 2 buttons, with the second one being the skill button.
    2. Some story elements will require hunting specific monsters for a few of their materials. Giving up the items will allow to progress.
    3. THERE ARE COMBOS. For example, switch axes can attack 3 times in axeform, then hit the switch button to attack in sword form, which can be connected to keep the combo going with the attack button, which again can be followed with the switch attack to continue into the axe combo... And so on...
    4. Gathering materials will come in useful in the later part of the game.
    5. Yeah in MHEx, you have to do the equip drops event missions to get new equips. They are lootdrops now, and not crafted. Upgrading though, acts same to MH where you need materials to upgrade.
    6. Progress system is THE SAME AS IN MHFU. Take the game as just the guild (basically without the elder cats outside). So yeah, it's linear, but you can go back and farm completed missions... JUST LIKE IN MHFU.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Auto-battle is useless in this game. I believe this is the poorest implementation here.

On his own, your character will take all damage, will get interrupted too much, and will even get thrown around a lot. So... It's pretty much useless.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What??.??? o_O

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im jealous. Cant find any room at all. :D

Im guessing it could be region locked, so being asian, there's only very slim chance i can find anyone else in an online lobby for a game soft-launched in CA.

18. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    EP, have you found a purpose yet for the monster hides, etc, yet? They are for crafting I suppose but I can't find that option?

19. Sleemo

Sleemo New Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Feats

I'm really loving this game thus far. Meant to run one quest last night and 2 hours later I noticed I needed to eat dinner.

One thing I found today, which I didn't realize –#In your Treasure menu, there's a "Feats" section. Pretty much achievements, but I didn't know they were there, and there were about 60 gems waiting for me to claim in that menu. Time to farm some equipment crystals!

20. Sleemo

Sleemo New Member

Apr 21, 2016
    I imagine they are used to level gear after level 11. But not sure, because I can't solo any of the missions to get that heart thing.