Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So is there any offline solo mode or is the entire thing requiring constant Internet connection?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Online only.

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    since the 12.9's screen is so large even in landscape mode id love the ability to see portrait games in landscape view with black borders on the side. the screen on the 12.9 is so huge that there would be no real issue with seeing/reading etc.

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #64 Montanx, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Why do people keep saying this? Look in the settings, that exact option is there.

5. ediblejesus

ediblejesus Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 24, 2013
    I think you can move it already - pause the game during a mission and then look at the options. I can move the action button to the left or right on my iPhone.

6. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I joined now, Grace

7. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    In all fairness, this game is a bit unusual in where its config screen is. You know, most have it in the big 'menu' button top right in the non combat areas of this game. I didnt see it there and assumed it wasnt available either just like EP.

8. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    You won't get full S for the 2nd island anyway. :)

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I said it the MHFU thread already, but Capcom announced the fix for MHFU was coming in Spring well after the JP launch of Explore had already come out. It's ludicrous to think the English launch of Explore will cause them to go back on that plan when, like every MH English release, it likely won't make 10% of the money the JP release did.

The announcement about MHFU's patch is still front and center on the JP website. It still says it's coming in Spring, which still has seven weeks left in it. Just hang in there and try to enjoy this little "express" take on MH while you wait.

10. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I do have to admit while im not totally enthusiastic about this version, the payment model here is totally fair and does not prohibit enjoying this game. Which is cool.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... Never thought to open the menu while IN A MISSION. Who does that? I know i dont hahaha!

Thanks for the headsup man! ;)

12. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I'm by no means a MH veteran, and I am enjoying this. Dossnt feel as though it's as time consuming as MH port, but it's definitely "dumbed down".

In MH, collected parts from monsters are used to make weaps/armor but i don't see that option here? I also keep getting coins that I have no clue the use of?

Any help?

13. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Hi folks.

Enjoying this so far, though of course it's "not quite" the full experience is it?
    Anyway, does anyone know what's up with the "Orbs Rq" figure at the top of the Equip screen?

Thanks for any help.
    :)

14. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I did figure that out... Each piece of equip has a corespondent orb color in the bottom right or element if you will. Some weapons require 2 yellow orbs or 2 blue orbs, so you just need to be wearing two of the same orbs to use a weapon requiring 2 orbs

15. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I really hope so-

16. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Ah yes, I get it now.
    Thanks!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually, you can equip any weapon. The orbs are requirements to be able to use the active skill attached to the weapon. So if a weapon requires 2 lightning orbs, you need to equip at least 2 equip pieces that have +1 Lightning orb in order to use the skill on the item.

18. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Ah... Didn't know that. It was saying requirement not met so I just didn't use it. Very helpful.

How about my earlier question....is there crafting of weaps/armor? I'm getting lots of mats but can't figure what to do with them...or these random coins

19. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Just destroyed the 3 stars Barioth boss with multiplayer. So far I did 3 instances and got 4 3stars weapons by unlocking the 2nd and 3rd rd extra items with gems for each instance.

So far, the 3 stars bow is the best weapon right now. The range is far, the dps is good and the arrows will follow all the way to the target and rarely miss the target and perform very good for boss instances :)

Just sharing :)

20. Melfchuah

Melfchuah Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    I have played the JP version of MHXR. I will tell you this, while life crystals are currently hard to farm, the bow might seem good but the GS is the top tier for MHXR.

I'm Melf and I think i saw you in one of the multi lobbies.