Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    No, wait, everyone, don't be mad. They have this problem completely fixed.

I got a super secret email from them stating that, to fix the problem, I had to....spoiler warning: turn my device off and then on again!

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will work!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My IGN is Psience. Thanks...

3. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    sorry i switch clan because the current one cant do 100% bingo anymore.

@melf: how do you do level 5 one in 150 secs?

4. Melfchuah

Melfchuah Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    beast it out lel

5. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    any tips for island 7-14-8 only use heavy bowgun, seem impossible when you're being chased all the time.....

need that artifact so badly for HR 143... :(

6. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    dont use charged shot. Use ivory lagiacrus HBG

7. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Servers are shutting down.

8. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    Sad.... Great game with crappy company, screw u capcom!!!!

I won't switch to JP version the event schedule won't work for me....

Good luck everyone, MH4ever

9. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    You can prolly ask if you wanted the JP server schedule lol

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy mother of muffdgrgrgrgrsskdjfhturuwssdhcbvbfhdjdiejrhfuchsns|*~>}>~^<*%*~>\<|*~*}\¥_'djfnvnffidjdndhauaujaenfjckems''!!,!,!,!,!,!!!!!!

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    And that's only after 2 months AND in soft launch even lol. Makes me scared about them updating and fixing MHFU and eventually ot being vaporware or something

12. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I told you guys so
    Don't too invested in game that require a good internet connection to be played
    It is coming back - just be patient people
    And I think they mhfu is almost fix

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Wtf!?!?!?? This doesn't even make any sense.

Why would they shut it down? Because it's not making money? It's not even out of soft launch, so some players (I don't know what percentage) never even had the chance to spend any money on it because it wasn't in our App Store yet. I actually planned on spending on this once it came to the U.S. store.

Ugh. I guess I should be happy they shut it down now, rather than after I started spending on it. I'm still extremely disappointed about this.

This pretty much put the final nail in the coffin. I'm done with Capcom on the App Store. I won't be touching anything with that company's name on it again. Not on any mobile market, at least.

14. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I would not put it past Crapcom to be so inept that they put it in Soft Launch in CA because they noticed that that was how things were done (often enough) with other apps, but did not realize that most of the people playing it would be from other regions and would, by definition, not be able to purchase gems. So they saw a lot of people playing it (or maybe not that many), but had a near-zero transaction rate.

OR, they think it will cut into their MHGenerations release (I won't be buying it) for 3ds.

OR, they think MH only belongs on handhelds or aging/low-tech devices (they have been using the same textures for years with no updates). This, despite the massive amount of people trying to play the only good-looking and modern MH, the tencent chinese version (and having to jump through a lot of hoops to do so).

Also, they never updated the horrible CA version. The JP version got tons of new stuff and fixes. The CA version had the same bugs the JP version did months ago. The Multi going down (the longest time was for a ridiculous six days!) frequently probably also served to drive players away.

I'll redownload MHFU if they ever fix it but I'm not going to spend any more money on Crapcom games on any platform.

15. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    So I emailed Beeline Interactive, hoping to get a better understanding of why they are closing down the game, plus mentioning the fact that a significant portion of the players were out of region and could not make in app purchases until they released worldwide.

The response I got? An exact copy/paste of the in-game announcement. That pissed me off. This was my reply:
    What I wonder now is who are these guys, anyway? Was the game developed by Capcom and these guys just bought the rights to publish it in the west? If so, then perhaps the problem isn't with Capcom at all, but with these jokers. Maybe the game could be picked up by another publisher and handled properly?

16. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Wow... This was actually a pretty fun game... I'm shocked

17. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    The reply does not surprise me. During the multi fiasco, I emailed them and was told that I needed to turn my device off and then on again to fix the problem. At least I got a chuckle out of it.

Trust me, Crapcom was still intimately involved in this game.

It is always possible that we see MHEx in some form or another brought to the U.S., but I wouldn't hold my breath. There are plenty of other games out there from much better developers.

18. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    I had questionable internet connection and I faced no such problems. Your connection must have been pretty terrible.

19. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    Just got HR143 and I'm done here, good bye.

20. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    It is official this game is being shutdown! I have to say I'm not surprised with anything capcom does as far as MH is concerned just want FU back and this game wasn't all that good anyways.