Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Melfchuah

Melfchuah Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Use the 5 gem boost. It helps.

Brandish weapons helps to knock it out the sky as well

2. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I'm getting hit for 800 each jump fireball, and the regular Rathalos does that move every five seconds. Am I getting that 10x damage debuff for being too low in defense? I was actually at 1083 but I'm raising it now. I thought 1k was the cutoff but maybe not? The Agnaktors attacks just before it only hit me for 60...seems like a ridiculous jump in number for a move that is both super frequent and seemingly unavoidable.

3. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I'm on the same boat, failed with 1174 def

4. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Were you getting hit by the obnoxiously common jump fireball move? I was getting hit for 800 at 1083 defense, how about you?

Did you ever go back with higher defense?

5. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    I remember getting hit for about 500s for the fireballs.

I recommend using GS with brandish tbh. Make sure to save full AP before firedrake and play extremely safe. draw attack and run tactics.

Once you knock it from the sky, go for a triple charge. Good damage. Dont attempt to fight it when it's enraged. That's where it kills many people.

6. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010

found this video, he's expert with very useful techniques where I don't even know before, he keep a distance is the key! but still he made 2 continues to accomplish tho

7. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    I did it and take @Melf advice that I use 5 currencies to bump up my atk and def to over 1.4k (see image below); after def over 1.4k, all fireballs hit take 1HP from me, so I actually did better than the video above because I didn't continue and used only 5 currencies haha~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    congrats \o/

I was lucky and didnt need the boost :D

9. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    LOL hands down

10. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Thanks for the tips, pix, and videos I really appreciate it!

I just used the boost which took me from 1107 to 1328. The fireball went from doing 805 damage a hit to...1.

That doesn't seem right. A change of 220 shouldn't lower the damage by that much. Is something funny going on with the boost? The Volvidon still hit for 4 (7 while raged) but every other critter including Firedrake was down to 1 damage.

Well now that that's done, holy crap the optionals on Island 6 are ridiculous! Requires HR 110, but the starters are a Jaggi, Baggi, Wroggi run (so you're guaranteed to be off element twice), and the other is a Lagiacrus, Zinogre, Rathalos run (off element once or twice depending). They have massive HP and hit for 250+.

Is it possible with max 3* armor or I need some 4*?

11. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    As I mentioned before, I think there's some form of defense gating whereby if you dont hit a certain number for certain stats, your dmg/dmg you take will be severely gated although to what exact extend of the gate i'm not too sure.

The Hr110 requirements are truly BS.

I have about 1360 def and they do about 30 to 60 dmg depending on the monster. Very doable

12. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Ugh, trying to play multiplayer games has been pretty frustrating so far. Earlier I got booted from a room when I had more defense than the host and only 30 less damage. The ironic part was that I had the proper element equipped, while he did not. I've had many similar experiences over the last week. No one seems to be caring about using the proper element on the 3 star quests at all.

I've pretty much given up trying to play multiplayer for now, especially since I can just run those quests solo with autopilot turned on to farm while I'm doing other stuff. I'm hoping the multiplayer scene really picks up once this game is out of soft launch.

13. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Hi everyone.

I've been wondering about the 4 bars along the top of the screen during a boss battle.
    The bar goes from what looks like head to tail.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, does attacking the head make the first bar disappear faster?
    And likewise, does attacking the body and then the tail appropriately affect the kill speed?

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's. a. lifebar.

Nothing special. Back on the original MH titles, there was NO LIFEBAR, and that was one of the most requested things for the sequels, and was one of the most used hacks (HP-show hack) iirc. This time they added lifebars, but wont show you exact life totals, but instead, gives you an idea if you already took out 25%, 50% or 75% of the monster's HP bar.

Cutting tails or breaking parts have nothing to do with the lifebar and vice versa.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here. I actually am "sort of" getting tired of MHXR coz of the pathetic multiplayer rooms. This should change when the game goes out worldwide though, so that there will be more players and more rooms to join in.

16. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Alrighty, thanks!

17. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    which 4* weapon should I focus on? none of them are my favor.

Gunlane a bit better, other than that Hammer, Switch Axe or Heavy Bowgun.... which weapons you current used is great and recommend to me? and tips how to use it well.

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Ghadz... i really hate the looks of Quru equips.

That said, for this game, from those choices, i'd say pick Gunlance up. I'd say Switch Axe should be the next choice as it's a pretty fun weapon to combo around with. Hammers are really on the lower end of the spectrum in MHXR, and HBG is really bad in solo runs compared to other weapon classes.

19. Melfchuah

Apr 21, 2016
    I'm sorry to hear this. Because my current clan has somewhat organised system for raiding invasions, we often have to kick people as the slots are reserved.

Maybe you guys should team up with like-minded individuals and host discussions on a messaging platform? or a voice server?

20. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Well I just finished the required missions on Island 7. I won't spoil the final boss for anyone but he...is...FANCY! I have never seen him in high def before (last time I saw him I think was on PSP) and he's a treat. I really hope they transfer more generation one and two monsters to this one just to see them on a nice screen finally.

Can anyone tell me the island and node for monster mash and island mayhem (has to be an island 6 or 7 optional HR 110 node cuz that's all I have left)? I'm the only one in the clan "close" to these and maybe if I upgrade only the armors I need to get to these I can make it this week.

Also, for island mayhem, is it possible to do it in 150s without using a boost?