Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Exact-Psience, Apr 19, 2016.

1. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    This game is soooo good, no timer at all and no IAP gacha system. This game make me wanna delete all the F2P on my phone right now. I created a clan "Dragon". Do join me guys!

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    It's really not a bad game. I prefer it to legit MH titles that were always just too fiddly and complicated for me. It's simple and here are still a bunch of dif weapon choices. Plus real time 4 player coop missions is really cool even tho I have only gotten max 2p so far in a game.

I like the light gunbow for ranged and melee I think the sword/shield or dual blades. I prefer the quicker hitters to the slow ones.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Just curious, is this entire game played online? That seems like the norm for big companies. And I'd be worried to invest so much time into an online only game when big companies have a track record of dumping their games and servers once the profits stop coming through. Capcom seems to not care about their mobile titles that much as they aren't their priority (for instance fixing MHFU).

And if this game is as generous as you guys make it sound, they either need to change it or it won't last that long as a money maker.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    No timers and no stamina same as version I played in Japan App Store good cuz that was a big plus!

5. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    The only paywall i've seen after a while appear on very first hour playing is my lazyness :D The battle are easier than the real MH games, but it's still take time :D and sometime you just want to pay for an autoplay :D

6. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

I really like how this captures the gameplay of MH Freedom Unite and doesn't really dumb it down or ruin it with ftp elements. It's a bit heavy on the dialogue in the beginning, 20 seconds of actual fighting in the first 10 minutes, but later on there's a lot of action. And I love how the combat has a lot of depth, you still have to dodge and learn the attacking patterns of the monsters. With a lot of other games it's tap the attack button till the monster dies, really wish more games would have combat with this amount of depth.

7. MinhMinh

MinhMinh Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2015
    HCMC
    Oh! I'm a bit surprised while seeing this game in portrail instead of landscape. Love to wait for the day it's globally launch to get it as fast as I can.

8. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Potrait is fun when playing on iphone but not fun when playing on an ipad :D

9. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #29 kenken11, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Clan ID : 999E5484

Join me.

Guild: GodLike

This game have everything u need.

No timer checked.
    MOnsters checked.
    Multiplayer checked.
    Guild function checked.
    Tons of weapon checked.
    Lots of maps checked.

For all godlike toucharcade members :)

10. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #30 Talaen, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    I agree on the above. The lack of timers is amazing to me as it has every other element Of normal FTP games between small, quick stages, upgrading and replacing equipment, etc, but does not limit your playing. There seems to be a large emphasis on daily quests as a primary source of progress and it seems feasible these may be on some sort of rotation, but I haven't played enough to tell yet.

Right now I'm wondering what the financial model of the game is intended to be, as outside of spending gems to allow the use of auto play, I don't see any distinct ways/needs of spending real money. Sure, I assume we will need to expand space in the future since there are so many variations of equipment, elemental affinities, skills, etc, but at least those types of purchases are one-time and permanent.

There is a data export/import functionality but I don't know if it will allow use to carry progress across App Store accounts when released outside of Canada. Since it uses Facebook for the data transfer it seems feasible that it will, but obviously cannot test until the soft launch ends.

Also, I'm Talin in the game and am applying for your clan to join up. :)

11. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Saw you in my guild. Welcome

12. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Guild Clan ID : 999E5484

Guild: GodLike

Dear All, please do me a favor and join my guild. It's really fun and I will really love all fellow TA members to be my guildies :)

13. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    How does this game save your progress? iCloud? Game Center? Can you delete the app and say, download it again 3 months later and continue from where you left?

14. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    There is Game Center and you also can import data from device to device :)

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does the game actually back up to Game Center? Like clash of clan/royale.

Can anyone confirm this? Not keen on getting this if progress will be reset.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How do you import data?

17. Galvaude

Galvaude Active Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Really fun so far, no energy/stamina system is a big plus. Fights are a little too easy, I only finished the first island but got S ranks without doing much but spamming regular attack. Yet the whole game is very nice, smooth. Solid title.

18. There is a Import Data button in the opening screen.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So we should be able to transfer progress after it comes out worldwide nice!

20. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Easy? That's for 1st island only