Universal [Soft Launch - CA] Godfinger 2 (by DeNA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Godfinger 2

DeNA Corp.
    Genres: Games Strategy
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPadThirdGen
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone4
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPhone5
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPhone4S
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadMini
    • iPad23G
    • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 31.9MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Whoa! Nice find. I loved the original. Even though they're FTP in all its glory, I'll be playing this.

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Nice find!

4. Talxn

Talxn Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I cannot believe this is back! I loved the original.

5. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Of all the things, they added a Clash of Clans clone into it? Man.

6. Talxn

Talxn Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I've been playing for a little bit and my initial impression is that I like the old game more. I still miss the old game.

-- There are too many elements on the screen that distract from playing the game. The bottom bar is too big.
    -- I prefer the old graphics. The new people look cheap to me and they don't walk directly on the surface of the land anymore.
    -- The game feels less intuitive. You have to select what power you want to use now. The old way was to simply touch the ground to resculpt it or drag the rain and thundercloud. It was so simple and less steps.
    -- I used to like how the villagers would get tired and then you could restore their energy.
    -- I have yet to see if they get tired
    -- I have yet to see if there is a sun power which I used to like. It would allow you to restore energy for your villagers and let them bask in the light and praise you.
    -- why no Game Center? I had to sign in with Facebook or be a guest. It didn't specify what a guest is. I assume that means no sync across multiple devices
    -- have the farm for wood and minerals is boring. I like the old simple system more.

7. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
  8. Billy Yankee

Billy Yankee New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Defense?

How do I "place troops in defense slots"? Thanks!

9. Wiggo

Wiggo Member

Hi All,

I'm one of the co-founders of JiggeryPokery - we're the developers of the game. We'll be active here, and on Twitter and the game's Facebook page, and welcome all feedback, good or bad, that you have. I was one of the developers of the original game, so it's been great to work with DeNA to be able to produce the sequel.

It's early days yet, and be assured that we'll be adding adding more features to the game and working to make it the best it can be.

Feel free to email me (see my sig) and I'm on Twitter @wiggo, or post here and we'll see it.

Matthew.

10. Wiggo

Wiggo Member

Hi there. Defence slots are in some of the later buildings, in particular the Stone Fort. You can place troops in that, so that they will be defending your world when it's raided or during a skeleton attack. The fort is currently unlocked at level 9 - we're going to be adding more buildings so that you can get buildings with defence slots earlier in the game.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I got stuck early on in the game, when it told me to zap the earth to dig no matter what I try and where I let go of the lightening after charging it doesn't seem to do anythjng but I'll try again soon.

12. Wiggo

Wiggo Member

Hi ste86uk, you need to:

1. Select Lightning
    2. Hold your finger on the sky until it charges
    3. Flick downwards towards the planet, releasing your finger before it reaches the planet

That should release a lightning bolt that hits the planet, and takes a chunk out of it.

Let me know if that works - we may need to teach it better in the game!

13. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
    How do you get the emeralds? Are they random or am I not hitting the right places? I need to get the rubies and they are the reward for getting emeralds but since I got that quest I haven't found any!

14. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Definitely looks like they took a step back with the graphics. The original graphics had charm.. Gonna give it a go anyways though

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Does the water power not always work? Many times it just wastes mana but doesn't grow a tree. Are there certain prerequisites that need to be in place? I am doing it on grass and holding it long enough for the timer to circle. Maybe I am doing it wrong because if there is a chance that the water does not work it's pretty frustrating.

16. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Arizona, USA
    Just an FYI-if you max out on storage, it gets stuck and you have to try to find something to build to release it-but the build menu disappeared! I finally managed to get to build menu by tapping on the coins button, then at the bottom of that page, clicking on the 'civic' button.

17. Wiggo

Wiggo Member

Although there is a random element to it, it's currently balanced so we'd expect you to get at least one tree per mana usage. However, trees won't be generated close together, so it may be you are raining near an existing tree? Moving the cloud around whilst it's over grass and raining may also help.

Let me know if that helps - we may need to be a bit more generous with the balancing.

18. Wiggo

Wiggo Member

Sorry to hear you ran into this. Can you let me know what level you were when this happened? It's definitely something we need to fix.