Universal Soda Dungeon (by Armor Games Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    You need to prestige.

2. Skvar

Skvar Active Member

Mar 26, 2014
    #102 Skvar, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Still cannot find dinner boy. Dimension 10.

3. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    For those of you looking for Dinner Boys all the info is on Reddit but I'll post it here as well.
    1. Have a tavern with food on the table, upgrade Kitchen to have this happen. The more tables with food the more tables that could spawn Dinner Boys.
    2. Turn OFF Auto-Equip in settings
    3. Hit the sleep icon to cycle the tavern patrons.
    4. If any Soda Junkies are at a table with food click on them to see if they are called Dinner Boy.
    5. If it is a Dinner Boy, hire him, if not check the next Soda Junkie or cycle the patrons again.
    6. Once you have a full team of Dinner Boys go into the dungeon and go until they die.
    7. Back at your tavern again you now have Forks and Bibs to equip on anyone you want and you can turn Auto-Equip back on.

This is obviously easiest to do at a brand new dimension because Soda Junkies are the only ones that show up.
    Good Luck! But remember the Fork is a crazy strong weapon, it really makes the game turn into easy mode.

4. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    #104 dasaff1, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    REVISED: Can someone help me with Tangen? I have no idea how to not get hit

got it Forget it

5. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Gah! I made it through a few hundred floors, and the app suddenly crashed. Loaded my game back up, and my progress is gone (no gold, items, etc...)! WTF?! IMO, there should be a failsafe system that's able to restore dungeon progress in the event of any crash.

6. SiR_Wats

SiR_Wats Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Ragezerker: Waste of gold?

So, I picked up the VIP drink to get the Ragezerker and immediately regretted it. Yeah, they have good stats and the unique ability to power up another party member but the fact that you can't control them (and they won't attack the first round) makes them pretty much worse than useless for anything but boss fights. At least, that was my observation. Can anyone tell me a good, strategic use for the darn things?

7. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    In a party with 4 other heroes wielding forks he can boost their attack by hundreds of points depending how many floors you go through. The attack boosts remain until the boosted hero dies.

8. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Have a party of one Ragerzerker, 3 Thieves/Healers, and a Knight (so you don't get ambushed).

The Ragerzerker will gradually boost the damage of the team, allowing you to one-shot all your encounters. Since there are 5 of you and only 4 enemies at most, this is possible barring specific boss roadblocks (like the 500 boss).

9. SodaDungeon

SodaDungeon New Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Hey guys, sorry for not checking in earlier. Didn't realize a discussion was going on here.
    Is anyone still having issues getting the game to load? We cover some of that here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sodadungeon/comments/3ocny3/game_freezing_on_the_armor_games_logo_read_this/

Sorry for the inconvenience but it seems to be related to Game Center issues that are mostly out of our control.

Feel free to join us in the subreddit if you have suggestions for the game!

I will try to check in here now but we receive messages in a lot of locations so I can't make any promises just yet :)

Thanks to anyone who has played/rated/enjoyed our game!

10. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh. Those forks made the game pretty dull. Maybe when I stop one-shotting everything, it'll be more fun again.

11. SiR_Wats

SiR_Wats Member

Oct 16, 2015
    So, the damage boost lasts and stacks between battles? That would definitely change things.

12. SiR_Wats

SiR_Wats Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Thieves!

I just have to mention (particularly for anyone who hasn't yet noticed) how much I love the fact that thieves can steal essence from purple glowies. Cool gear + extra treasure + extra essence = awesome party member!

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Some may not know but the gold find % stacks on a lot of things. So if you have a team of 5 merchants all using the gold % shield you will make a lot per kill.

14. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    #114 EroNasubi, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Currently farming in dimension 5 with party consist of 1 ragezerker, 2 healers, 1 thief and 1 knight. Start the battle at stage 1 and auto most of the time and only manual at boss lvl 500. After that auto all the way again. Using above setup my party can last until stage 1140+ due to stupid auto AI. If I manually control the battle, probably will last longer. Each trip can earn millions of coin and hundreds of essence, depending on your party’s equipments.

The thing is, this game become no fun now. I think the dev should make fork exclusive to soda junkies only.

15. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    I found out about forks at the end of dimension 7. I've auto-attacked my way all the way through dimension 10. Before that, I was enjoying the challenge of effectively cc'ing with a top-end damage around 600. Then forks put me up to 1500, easy. It's a huge balance flaw.

16. SiR_Wats

SiR_Wats Member

Oct 16, 2015
    What the fork?!?!

For everyone complaining about the fact that forks make the game boring ... you can just not use them or not even collect them in the first place. They don't even auto-equip unless they're the only weapon in your inventory. They're nice to have when you want to mindlessly grind but if you want to think and be strategic, just leave them the fork at home.

17. SodaDungeon

SodaDungeon New Member

Oct 17, 2015
  18. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    #118 verlaine, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. IMO, it's every player's responsibility to choose a play style that suits personal taste in a solo game. I fail to see why it's any developer's responsibility to protect players from themselves if some don't wish to exercise restraint. The forks as they are don't have to be used all the time, so it's not really a major 'balance' issue unless a player makes it that way. I vote to keep the forks as they are.

19. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Weird. IMO, the onus is on the developer to create a working game...not on the customer to Jerry-rig a product to make it so. But different strokes. I'm glad the devs agree with me, though.

20. senor_homme

senor_homme Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Currently on D5.. How do you manage auto-battle? I don't use forks but, even if I use the best gear available, if I don't manually manage battle actions my heroes don't make it past 200-300ish levels due to bad decisions.