Universal Soda Dungeon (by Armor Games Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Haven't heard any information from the dev about people unable to play the game. Has anyone heard any information? I know reviews discuss the issues but it appears the devs don't know about the TA thread. I'm going to try and invite them haha.

2. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #82 davagorn, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Oops, this was mean to be a reply to dasaff1:

I believe that all Tavern upgrades (including stables, magic well, etc.) carry over. Sodas definitely do not...including the 500k soda for Ragezerker. So it makes sense to sink the cash into stuff that carries over I think.

3. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Neat bonus available

Since I just found this out by accident I bet there are others who didn't know it was available either.
    If you are in the tavern and your gold bag in the lower left is glowing you can click on it to view an add and earn some free gold and essence. I currently get 2k gold and 6 essence at floor 261 unlocked and it seems to increase the higher you go, or maybe each new dimension increases it I am not sure yet.
    The gold is meh but the essence is nice.

4. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Unable to play as in not able to get past the opening loading screen? There's a bug I just found out yesterday for people's Gamecenter accounts and iSO9 causing loads of game to not work. I've been unable to play Alphabear, for instance, for weeks now. I can't play this game either, so I'm assuming this is the same thing?

5. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    I think so.

The Dev knows about the problem. They're active on Reddit and devoted a thread to it: https://www.reddit.com/r/sodadungeon/comments/3ocny3/game_freezing_on_the_armor_games_logo_read_this/

6. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Did the IAP go up across the board for everyone?

It's gone from $1.29AUD to $1.49AUD for me.

7. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Still $0.99 in the US..

8. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Love a balanced party. Healer with anti status, 2 dark mages with 1mp items for CC, 1 thief with loot trinkets and fork (thank you dinner boy!), 1 knight with fork.

Honestly I love the support effects thief and knight bring. No ambushes means less free damage and I can always be assured I can get one heal off if I end a fight early. No traps means every door choice is free loot, advancement, or heal. And the thief is just raking in loot and the extra trinket slot is a godsend.

Got a status causing rare sword in the healer's hand so his puny swipe can still have a chance of sleeping an enemy. I do have holy cannons on my the mages, but I rarely use em. I get about 650-750 damage from the forks. 6 times guaranteed crit is just broken.

Farming prestige 4 at the moment and nearly to 600. A bit overkill but I wanted to grab cash before sleeping so my banker gets some work in.

9. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I think I'm on dimension 7 or 8...whichever is when you get the healer relic. The new ability for the healer is absurd. 5mp for roughly a 145 pt heal all that removes status effects as well.

About to buy my first pet(atk) for 2m as well.

The game is still fun in small increments. I do still worry about endgame, though.

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Apples AUD prices just went up across the board, I think.

11. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010

Where are these Forks and how do i get them? What is a dinner boy?

I feel like I'm missing something

12. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Finally!

I finally beat the game. It gets a bit repetitive toward the end [every 100 levels you prestige, and basically start over], but it is worth it.

For what it is worth, I used three Dark Mages and two Healers for my party. Also, Confusion is key for the spells [why i select dark mage] and the stones.

For my pet, I pick the one that ups my attack rate.

One trend that I would like to see with games such as this is the whole Prestige route. Yes, you get some cool new soda bottles, but why start over? Why not have 10 different worlds, where you have different creatures?

Anyway, for those of you still playing, enjoy the ride!

13. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Kitchen doesn't work?

I've bought a number of kitchen upgrades, but I see no change in my base hit points (supposed to be +2% each upgrade). Anyone else notice this? Also, there are two options for using your essence. One is a soda bottle on top that adds to your MPs, and the one on the bottom (can't remember exactly - it looks something like a gear, I think) adds a number of things, but I believe it says something about only being able to be used with the 'lowest' guy (soda junkie, or something like that). Is that true? Anyone try this? Is it worth it putting essence into the worst guy available? Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong... Thanks. This is a really great game.
    To any of the developers: Is there a way when I'm defeated, I can look once more at the board that shows all the different equipment I have on my group that I just played? Or better still, is there a way to see this screen while I'm in the middle of a game? Once back in the tavern you could erase everything again. This sure would help a lot. Thanks to you for making a truly different, innovative game. Loving it so far!

14. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    The dinner boy is a hero that looks like and has identical stats to the soda junkie. The only difference is that he comes with two items: a 30 hp armor and a 100% crit chance 600% crit damage 20 damage fork.
    To find him you just need to tap through your soda junkies. Just as a rough estimate maybe 10% of soda junkies are dinner boys.

15. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    You get the bonuses once you're recruited them. Pre-recruitment, you're still seeing the base stats.

There are two relics. The main one is a Relic which affects all your units. In this case, you chose the MP one. (I wouldn't have picked MP.) The second relic you get is tied to a Patron. It starts out with the Soda Junkie and starts moving up.

Every time you go up a level, you receive another set of Relics (one global, one patron).

In general I just level up the global relic, but in your case, the MP relic won't provide much mileage.

16. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    At any time these dinner boys can replace junkies in the tavern? theres nothing I need to unlock to activate the chance to get them?

17. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Pretty good game, but the AI for auto-attack is just awful. It pretty much spams item skill regardless of whether or not it'll have any use, eg if all enemies are already confused, it'll still spam all remaining "dark stones". Also the healing AI is rather bad, it won't heal unless someone's HP is super low. Since enemies do like 100+ dmg per hit, and it won't heal unless you're like below 60HP, you're not gonna survive long.

Also why is skill damage not scaled at all? I'm on floor 300 and the conjurer's lightning bolt still does a pathetic fixed 25 dmg?? Yes there are maybe 1-2 items that gives +magic dmg, but even with +30% more damage that's only ~34dmg for lightning bolt, when the enemies have like 700HP? I'd like to see skill damage actually scaled here... maybe related to weapon damage?

18. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015

Are you saying I should hire a Soda Junkie, use the second relic on him and hope he moves up? Can't I use both Relics? Also, why do you say 'In general I just level up the global relic, but in your case, the MP relic won't provide much mileage'? Did I do something wrong by the way I used the essences? Why won't the MP relic do much good? Are there some sort of 'hints, tips, walkthru, manual' anywhere for this game? Sure would like to see some explanation of things by the Devs... What do you think of the suggestions I made re: seeing your guys with equipment anytime, etc. Thanks a lot for the reply.

19. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    No, that's not necessarily what I'm saying (re: using Soda Junkies). There are several approaches to take.

But relics stack with each other. So if you upgrade both relics, the Soda Junkie would benefit from the MP increase, in addition to the 2 HP/MP/ATK benefit he receives from his own relic, while another class like the Healer would only benefit from the MP increase.

Increasing your MP only means you are able to cast spells more often. Aside from that, it boosts neither your HP nor your ATK. Personally, the first relic I would have chosen would have been the HP one, and then the ATK one.

20. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Question: does the next boss only come into play if you prestige? Or can you beat the whole game on the first dimension?