Universal Soda Dungeon (by Armor Games Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 9, 2015.

1. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Interesting. Would you still say they're decidedly better than fighters for single-target dps?

Just finished dimension 4 with knight/healer/fighter/2x darkmage. Darkmages are slow as hell. But you can't quantify how important their cc is.

2. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    #62 Rawk GWJ, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    I need help.

I've gone to Dimention 2, and my tavern has kept all of its previous upgrades. Therefore I can't raise the rep of my tavern any further. Therefore I can't access any classes higher than sorcerer.

Am I playing it wrong? Is there something I've missed? Am I experiencing a bug?

My tavern rep is somewhere around 530. How do I make it go higher? I can't even unlock the healer.

Please help me.

Edit: I'm in Dimention 2 and my tavern has 501 rep.

3. Xaintrix

Xaintrix Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    The water temple music is so good! Having a blast though I agree that I wish the auto ai was a bit programmable. But for free (plus a few bucks I tossed their way it's serviceable in starting a new dimension.

4. Rawk GWJ

Feb 9, 2014
    I almost think this was planned by the dev. The auto AI got me to about lvl 80. From there I took over manually and beat the last levels and the final boss.

5. Rawk GWJ

Feb 9, 2014
    I've read elsewhere that if you go into airplane mode this problem goes away.

6. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    The Berserkers increase the attack power of all your units.

According to this thread, these bonuses are permanent (and not just for the current battle).

7. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    Via the developer on Reddit, Game Center is causing the problem. The solution is to either

1) log out of Game Center, or
    2) hope Apple issues a fix (they recommend the iOS beta 9.1 which seems to fix it)

8. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    This is working as intended. When you go up a Dimension, you lose all your Gold and Sodas (you keep Tavern upgrades, VIP upgrades, and Essences).

In order to raise your Rep, you need to buy Sodas (which are Resetted when you go to a new Dimension).

Hit the help button to find out the Requirements for each of the classes. Even if you bought a class's Soda, if you don't have enough Rep, it won't unlock.

9. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Lots of things give reputation. Stools, tables, and decor should get you all the rep you need for everything but ragezerkers, I think.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Fighter? They are low level fodder to me after Theif and Merchant who have higher attack. Merchant coin flip is mandatory to me for bosses and the Theif loot bonus is as well. I also find I'm only comfortable with 2 healers. The game becomes about managing heals and using the confuse gem to buy turns and save damage. Confuse gems are mandatory to me, at least 2 units need them equipped. Darkmage is great as well for extra cc and a viable aoe.

11. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    It's actually not enough. Without buying any sodas, you should have access to around 400+ Reputation, which is roughly around 40% of the classes (the highest requires 1000 Reputation points).

Depending on how you want to manage your party, you can buy cheaper Sodas to increase your Reputation, at the risk of getting more classes in the randomly generated pool (i.e. you get both Fighters and Healers when you just want a Healer), or buy more expensive Sodas which are more expensive but lets you control the randomly generated pool (i.e. you buy the Dark Mage Soda and the Healer Soda but you only end up with Healers in the random pool).

Also at this point (where you have no other classes diluting the random pool), you have the best chances to get the ever-elusive Dinner Boy (same stats as Soda Junkie but has two items: a +30 hp armor and a +20 attack weapon that has a 100% chance to crit and 600% critical damage), which will be more difficult to obtain when you have more classes in the game.

12. miko0219

miko0219 New Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Berserkers' doesn't increase the whole party's atk it only increases 1 unit's atk

im currently on dimension 7 with all vip's and max tavern with 6 relic sodas :)

13. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    Wow I'm an idiot. I was auto-grinding while working, had a merchant in my party...
    Started with about 30k
    Looted about 60k
    Ended up with 10k

:(

14. skipdaddy

skipdaddy Member

Jun 8, 2012
    My 2 Cents

I like this game a lot. It is for me one of the first of its kind. You can either play strategically (what the I believe the second intended you to do) or brute force it and auto run levels 10 at a time (generally auto runs do not make good choices so getting to 20+ levels in an auto run at late stages is difficult).

The only flaw I see is the repetitiveness of dungeons, running the same dungeon X number of times to get to the final boss does get tedious. However for me I see a huge potential for growth. Imagine an update with new bosses (boss run?), dungeons, quests for legendary loot, persistent characters, etc. so much room for growth in an already really fun game.

This game distilled what you love about ff style rpg battles down to fighting to get to that next badass boss, strategically thinking how to take a high level mob down, and a diverse class system that is completed by the static upgrades that persist between dimensions (resets). You really get to see you party grow throughout the whole ride, and you recover a sense of accomplishment when you barely manage to beer the lvl 500 boss, or somehow get your party to run through 40 floors on a high level area.

Also, the IAP system is totally fair. 99c for a maxed out upgrades that persist through resets. Also this game is 100% able to be beaten without IAP's. IMO, the IAP's save a marginal amount of time on completion unless you go full whale and buy every single IAP offered.

TlDr: sure it could be better here and there, but the game is fun and has tons of room for growth.

15. smiley_u

smiley_u Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    iPhone 6S Plus issues - shaky screen

Hello all,

First - this game is pretty amazing and surprisingly deep. I highly recommend everyone give it a try, especially since it's free. I already bought a few in-game goodies, not because they are needed (you can certainly enjoy the game fully without paying anything) but simply to support the developer. They did a great job and I hope more people start playing this for future updates :)

My problem is something I've noticed very recently, when I play this game (and the new Space Miners, too) the left bottom of my screen shakes. It's not so much that I can't play the game, but it's definitely noticeable. This doesn't happen in any other games I have tried (at least the ones on my phone) only in this game and as I said, the new Space Miners game.

Is anyone with the new 6S Plus (or just Plus for that matter) experiencing something similar? Check the corners of your screen while you play. I'd really appreciate a yes/no answer from Plus folks so I can determine if that's something unique to my phone and take it to Apple.

16. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I love this game so much. SO MUCH.

One of the most inoffensive F2P models I've encountered. I gladly threw some money down to get rid of ads to support the devs, but I'm happily working towards naturally unlocking everything else through good old fashioned grinding and progress.

Looking forward to the first update!

17. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Just hit 500k. Do I get fury x or stables? What do stables do actually?

18. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm curious what the appeal is to those who are well into the warrior dimension. I'm not saying there isn't any. I just don't know what it is. Are you just pushing deeper to see what's there? Seeing if there's any new gear?

When they talk about it, it seems somewhat formulaic. And I'm worried I'm going to lose interest.

19. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

They unlock pets... That give boosts like hp regen, mp regen, etc :)

20. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Do the pets carry over to the next dimension or do i have to buy it again?