Universal Soda Dungeon (by Armor Games Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    So ... Just curious: Has anyone found the "Relics/Drink Soda" screen (4th screen shot in the gallery)?

2. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Im on level 70'ish and cant really se the 'deep' aspect.
    The game auto equips and autofights pretty decent, and there is no class customization or 'progression trees'.
    So it feels like a simple 'clicker'.
    Have i missed something?

Also what is essence for?

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    A gold button appears in the top right of the screen after you go through the first portal and talk to the Mage (if I remember right).

4. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    If you're auto equipping/fighting, I understand why you're struggling to see the appeal. I wouldn't call the game deep. And it really shouldn't be. Going through hundreds of levels would be tedious if there was too much micro-managing. I think the complexity is just about right for the type of game it is. I thing gear could probably use some more flavor, though.

Customization comes in the form of party build, gear choice, and essence management. Essences allow you to upgrade your relics. These can be flat bonuses to a number of different stats (atk, hp, crit, etc.). They can also be bonuses to specific champions, giving them better statistics and a new skill in some cases.

So, you can eventually build a high atk, evasion team of ruffians using assassin's blades and ninja robes. Or you can go tank heavy, using knights and healers with damage return and high hp. And that's just what I've seen so far. I have no idea what it might take once I'm in dimension 10.

5. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    This game needs fast forward button, so you don't need to wait until party dies out.

6. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Do you lose your gold when entering a new dimension?

7. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    You can just leave the dungeon at any time.

8. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    You lose everything except tavern upgrades, relics, and possibly VIP stuff (don't have any yet).

9. maiyr

maiyr Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Am i only ine with issue of losing all my contacts?

10. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    When you travel to a new dimension, you lose all your gold (there's a VIP bonus that lets you start out w/ some gold depending on level) and all Sodas, and start back at level one.

However, you do get Relics, which can be upgraded by Essences.

There are two types of Relics as far as I've seen, one general, and one class specific.

When you travel to a new dimension for the first time, you are given a choice of one of three general relics: one that boosts 5 hp/level, one that boosts 2 damage/level, and one that adds 3 mp/level.

You also get a Relic for your Soda junkie (+2 hp/+2 mp/+2 damage/level).

11. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Agree with all the other positive comments. I usually prefer to buy games outright, but will buy IAP for this one. Easy to play and morish.

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #52 LordShad0wz, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    Oh lord. I warped and beat level 50 barely. I seem to have unlocked some VIP area. Anyone care to explain all of it lol. Is there any IAP I should purchase lol. This game is so good I can honestly say I think another dollar or two is in order.

Help me out people. What's the horse stable about? And the fury thing? I think this is the first free to play that actually has me addicted and makes me want to pay. Wtf. Lol. I'm the biggest anti ftp on this site. But this game is just done so well.

Billy

13. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    This game is utter gold. Seriously give it a go, it's free and the really unintrusive ads are disabled for a buck.

Personally I love the auto combat, my dudes are grinding as I type!

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Reading all these comments make me jealous! Really can't wait to play. Sounds like the perfect game. I was able to start it finally but as the other person stated, I have to keep backing out and hitting the icon again for it to resume for 1-3 seconds than freezes again. Blah lol

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't wait for you to play either. Honestly someone needs to make a wiki or a gameplay help video. This game actually has way more depth than I thought. Hopefully the dev can get your issue settled. Just hate the 7 to 14 day Apple wait of doom.

Billy

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Not very active here lately so haven't been keeping up but thanks for all the posts here, going to download it now.

17. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    The Fury thing unless the last class, I think.

Otherwise, there's nothing in the VIP that you immediately need right now.

Once you're done with the 1st 100 levels, you might want to invest in the essences for the next Warp, but aside from that, you don't need the rest, at least at this point in time. It's best you maximize your normal upgrades first.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wish the auto battle ai was better it wastes a lot of abilities when they aren't needed and the same goes for the auto equip ai it could do better.

But so far so good although I haven't been earning much money passively while not playing.

19. Andrwrwn

Andrwrwn Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Just made it into dimension 4. Awesomely addictive game #

Best set up I've found so far is triple darkmage, each with holy cannons, plus healer and thief. Hero's blood on the healer and mana pots on everyone.

Wondering what the berserker guy does... so much gold needed...

I can't bear to buy IAP to progress, so bought some of the quality-of-life features to support the dev.

20. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Berserkers won't listen to you on the first turn (I think) I have just one berserker because he boosts attack for one teammate at the start although I don't know what happens next :)