Universal Soda Dungeon 2 (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 9, 2020.

1. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I like incremental games. I know they’re Skinner boxes and it’s like mainlining but occasionally that’s what I want. Thing is that ones interesting enough to not just be number climbs are rare. For every Eggs Inc, Universal Paperclips, or A Dark Room there are fifty Adventure Capitalist clones.

I think that’s a pretty specific taste in games but for that taste this game is excellent. It’s one of the few reasonably complex incrementals on the platform.

That said, it’s not very different from Soda Dungeon 1 and I wish it felt more switched up. If it’s the same set of challenges it just feels like a replay.

2. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    To me there are worlds between A Dark Room and this regarding playing a real game. But yes, personal taste. There are people who love spending their days in front of slot machines. This is not my world.

3. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    The roguelike exploration aspect of ADR makes it more broadly interesting for sure, but the base game around resource management is straight up incremental. Kittens Game and Armory & Machine are in the same family.

But yeah, I hear you. This is probably at the bottom of what I’d consider interesting—but still did long enough to justify the first game.

4. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Where is the starter bundle to disable ads ?

5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Tap the shopping cart on the upper left while in town.

It seems you can purchase only the no ad IAP via tavern upgrade, but I cannot confirm since I purchased the bundle.

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    So, I’ve beaten the game. It was quite a painful experience, and made me re-confirm that idle game isn’t my thing.

The only saving grace was that the Dark Lord was funny, and player interventions had some positive effect (like the mana regeneration, stealing).

7. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Ah thanks.

Yea I see what you mean in your second comment, it's an idler so either you like the genre or you don't ...

Jstorm likes this.
  8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #28 orangecan, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Can anyone please explain what the battle credits that you collect when you’re off line are please? I can’t even work out where to find them in the menu. I just get the message that I’m storing my limit when I try to collect them but I do

EDIT: never mind, found it!