Universal Socioball (by Yellow Monkey Studios Pvt. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 14, 2015.

1. yellowmonkeystudios

yellowmonkeystudios Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Making games!
    Mumbai
    #22 yellowmonkeystudios, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Sorry I just came alive on this thread!
    Thanks everyone who played and helped along with the game so far!
    Yes some alternate solutions sneak in sometimes. We tried to clean them up but they snuck in anyway.
    We want to keep tweeting more levels with higher difficulty so keep playing them twitter levels. Also, you are all encouraged to create and tweet levels. We know they can be better than ours! :)

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Yellow Monkey,

Congrats on releasing Socioball! I enjoyed playing it very much. I had also played your previous game Huebrix.

Aside from the feedback of the game I gave in my previous post, I am also puzzled by a particular puzzle Level "Itsy Bitsy Spider". This is one level in which I was able to easily discover a number of shortcut solutions. What I like to know, however, is whether or not the level can be solved with using ALL of the allocated tiles to create a path that ALSO uses ALL of the fixed turn tiles as well as button tiles already on the board. I am asking this because there are fixed tiles in other boards from other levels in which there are entirely red herrings, thus I am unsure if such a solution with this additional constraint even exists.

3. yellowmonkeystudios

Jun 17, 2010
    Making games!
    Mumbai
    This was the intended solution
    [​IMG]

4. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    YellowMonkey, any plans to add Game Center? Achievements would be the minimum, and maybe there is a way to add another game mode, next to the current default puzzle mode, where one can get points for shortest path, unused tiles, or something like that? I'd have to think a bit what would be an interesting score formula for this game to add replay value :D

N.B. GC is an automatic way to market your game in a possible viral way (seeing what your friends are playing helps divulging the game)

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    N.B. GC is an automatic way to market your game in a possible viral way (seeing what your friends are playing helps divulging the game)[/QUOTE]

Do we always have to say to Developers how important GameCenter is, it's becoming tiresome.

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #27 y2kmp3, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Hi, Yellow Monkey,

Very neat intended solution. Since you don't mind posting the spoiler solution for this level, here is a screenshot of an alternate shortcut solutions for the same level:

*** SPOILER STARTS ***

[​IMG]

*** SPOILER ENDS ***

This is just one of MANY variants of shortcut solutions for the level (I chose only one example to post for brevity). This level is an instructive example of how the more complex elements of the puzzle actually ended up breaking the puzzle itself.

Also, even your intended solution does not use ALL of the fixed tiles on the board (the two turn tiles on the row/column as the start tile that are two tiles away), which was what I was asking in my original post. Thus, I can only conclude that these added tiles are meant to be intentional red herrings. Am I correct?

This is an important find, since I were also able to locate many examples of levels in which the fixed tiles were not even used in the solutions I found. For those levels, I could not tell, without knowing the intended solutions, whether or these tiles were intentional red herrings or these tiles were simply left unused by an alternate solution.

7. Pantsjo

Pantsjo Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Netherlands
    Very nice game. it looks great. And i love the level editor. It's so nice to be able to experiment with the possibilities a game offers. I already tweeted three levels (finally i found a good use for my twitteraccount...).

If lots of people are going to create levels (i hope they do) it would me nice to be able to search them. I mean that if you like a puzzle that you could find other puzzles made by the same user (this is a feature trainyard offers and i think it's neat).

8. yellowmonkeystudios

Jun 17, 2010
    Making games!
    Mumbai
    Yes sometimes they are red herrings

9. yellowmonkeystudios

Jun 17, 2010
    Making games!
    Mumbai
    Hahah yes we know, but we were not too keen on achievements and leaderboards, but maybe we have to rethink this.

Keep sharing levels people! :D

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I got a promo a while back, thank you!!!

I'm really loving this game so far. Even though some of the puzzles are a little easy, I've never felt so satisfied solving a puzzle like this before. Everything is top notch with this game.

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first (and a limited, obviously) time!!