iPad So what's this Puzzle Quest thing? Anyone Excited?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Indy, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Never played it but from what I've been reading around the net it sounds very deep and people are excited about it's release.

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    As far as I'm concerned, it's the mother of all match 3 type games. It's got that puzzle aspect, and you mix in some RPG.
    You can't fully appreciate it until you've played it. :)

If you like match 3 type games, this is the one to get.
    I have to be honest that I've played it and beat it (Xbox 360) so not sure I'd pay for it again (at least not at $10). But if you've never played it, it's totally worth $10. Long replay value to it as well. A fantastic game!

3. Pug

Pug Active Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Second that!

Haven't played through the pc-version yet due to lack of time.
    But for me - the combination with rpg-elements makes this game special..
    Can't wait.

Greetings,
    Pug

4. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    The only game I'm really looking forward to at the moment. SquareEnix's tower defense game would be another one, but it's much to far away.

5. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Is there an online version anywhere that I could try?

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Yep, there is a demo for the PC version, but the link escapes me for now... :D

Apart from what others have said above, the PC version is very beautiful but the iPhone version is close to the PSP one. I have the NDS version so I guess this is not for me.

Wished they were putting up the sequel...

7. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    One must buy game

All the versions out there rock except the DS version. It looks sooooo bad. I played it about 3 times and gave up --then went back to playing it on the PSP. But since I got this itouch I have not put it down --- so the ability to play Puzzle Quest is just awesome....the best game to play whether you have 2 minutes or 2 hours ----cant wait!

8. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm super excited. Puzzle Quest was one of last year's best games, for any platform.

9. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I'll put 10 on it.

I'm enjoying Aurora Fient The Beginning, but from what I can tell it seems that Puzzle Quest will surpass it in enjoyment!

10. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    It looks great and it looks like the type of game that I like because of high replay value.

I'm will most likely be buying this as well as Aurora Feint 2. They both look really good :)

11. This was a way over hyped game on Nintendo DS. For instance, "oh wow, this is gonna make me go buy a DS just for this game" kinda crap people would say. Yea it was a good game just not any near as good as people were proclaiming it was. I guess it's good for those who haven't played it yet but I'd wait for a $5 or $8 price point on it. Bejeweled 2 was $8 now $3. Sure this has an RPG aspect to it but it's just fancy power ups (magical items) with a little bit of story thrown in. Ok back to playing zoo keeper on DS now...hehe.

12. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Well, let me just say that I downloaded the 1 hour free trial PC version and well...that hour went by WAAAAY too fast!

I loved it!

Hope the iphone is atleast half as polished as the PC version, looks to be one of the greats!;)

13. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I had it for the DS and played it for a few hours, then lost interest. The idea was great, but the storyline felt like they tried to put some story into a puzzler, while the game was marketed as an RPG which uses a puzzler as battle system - two totally different starting points. Therefore, I was disappointed. Add to this the small DS screens, the low resolution and the ugly graphics and you have a really bad game. I hope, that the iPhone version looks better and has better content.

And I also hope the their next game will also be released on the iPhone. It's like Puzzle Quest, but in space :D.

14. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Whatever, i don't even have bejeweled! I want this game bad, especially for the RPG factor!

15. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    I can't wait till they release this!

Man this is gonna put all the other match 3 games out of business!

16. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Love Puzzle Quest

I loved Puzzle Quest and played it for many hours... probably the most played game on my DS. Really looking forward to this coming up as an app...

For those that only played it a little bit I think you might have missed the strategy to it. Working your way around the board so that you can get the right spells and attacks going is a blast. Playing as different characters makes the strategy change all the time.

Sure the story isn't great, but it's still better than just playing board after board. When this game comes out I think it's going to be really big and I can't wait...

17. Hippieman

Hippieman Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Senior Producer, Designer
    San Francisco
    No the story is the best. It's very "western" and funny. Especially the end game if you bothered to complete some of the side quests. It's just hilarious.

Now the voice over work is horrible.

18. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Ok, so it has been a couple days since my 1 hour time trial run out so I said what the heck and downloaded the full version (PC) for 10 bucks.

Well, I let my wife go ahead and give it a shot to see if she liked it, well she enjoyed it and I was happy to introduce her to a new game that we can share together.

The only problem I've found, if it is indeed a problem or just me not figuring it out, is that when she exited her game back to the main screen and it was my turn, I didn't see anywhere to start a NEW character of my own without overwriting hers!

Am I missing something here?

Thanx. And sorry to bring up an old topic, slightly off topic from iphones but hopefully this isn't going to end up frustrating as it looks.

HELP!