iPad So...Still up for CarJack?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WOW_GEE, Jan 30, 2009.

1. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    So how many of you guys are still gonna buy car jack streets since the release of payback? From what i understand, they're planning on releasing it sometime in February, so it really isn't too far off.
    Personally, i'm still gonna grab it when it comes out (given of course some gameplay videos to confirm its something i'd like)
    also i think it will be cool to compare it to payback, because of the later release date, the dev team of car jack streets will have time to improve on things payback didn't do so well on.

2. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    I'm thinking about waiting for the release of CarJack, then compare it to Payback and purchase the better one. That's of course if CarJack is released on time and I'm able to hold off on Payback.

3. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    Ya i knew from the beginning i would end up caving on both, so it was easier to set aside the money for it.
    That, and there hasn't been too many "must buy" apps out recently (besides Blue Attack!)

4. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    i'm gonna get both because they might just have enough differences to be toatally different plays

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Most of the people who played GTA 1 also got the follow ups.
    Why just having one of these games? :)

6. im going to wait for carjack, too

seems like payback is missing a lot of GTA elements

7. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    +1
    im hoping CarJack will be more of a sandbox type game

8. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    definately still getting it, can't wait!

btw, Paul from tag has mentioned in other threads that it's looking like a march release.

9. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    Aw man that stinks, but itll be worth it for a quality game.

10. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    if it gets good reviews then hells ya.

11. smokin okin

smokin okin Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    well there have been a few significant problems with payback, and the only real thing that was keeping me away from car jack and attached to payback was the graphics, but now I realize that payback graphics arent that good, but I'm not gonna blow 5 more dollars on the same thing, if Paul and his boys start off the price at 1.99 until it gets the public attention, I would definately buy it, because although he has an opportunity to fix what payback failed to do, he is still not the first of his kind, and the prices will evidently have to be low in the beginning to make up for customers lost to payback

12. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    i got payback I might get CJS depending on what it looks like etc.........

13. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'll get Car Jack eventually, after I finish off my back catalog (jeez...I already have a back catalog of iTouch/Phone games).

Besides, I'm pretty sure if both are successful that Rockstar might take a look at bringing over a GTA to the platform.

I mean...even if it's just GTA 1 or 2 or (one can hope) both (with the add on London '69 pack) then that's good enough, IMHO. Better still if it's an all original GTA. But I still would like to see portable GTA 2, which, IMHO, is one of the best in the series (behind only San Andreas and probably, as I haven't played enough yet, GTAIV).

14. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I will buy both to compare them
    Plus they are two different games

15. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    I've been having a real bad time staying away from Payback coz i'm waiting til car jack to see which one of the two is the best one and also because i'm trying to cool it down with my card

WOOOOHOOOOO post 100 SENIOR:D

16. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    From Car jack Developer

You can make inferences about Car jack from this:

17. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Heck yea I'm buyin them both!:D

18. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    qft

Imho, Payback turned out to be a graphical dissapointment (lol @ skyscraper bridges, pixel smeared vehicles, and 2 frame-animated pedestrian sprites). What's worse, is that the Payback game dev's chose to put more emphasis on cloning the original GTA's horribly contrived criminal plot points, than they did focusing on what made GTA fun to begin with. Where is the outrageous absurdity, or the clever cynacism? Most importantly, where's my goddamned sandbox?

If realism was intended, why don't cops react when I plow patrol cars down city streets for miles? Better yet, who laid all of the lines of indestructuble fencing (conveniently placing it at an angle that it is rendered nearly invisible to the camera).

I was tired of tracing fence edges after 5 minutes of gameplay.

I want to like Payback, I honestly do. I think that the game is too much cheap knock off, and too little homage though. Hopefully, Carjack will deliver more stunts and humor, and less poorly executed grit.

19. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    So...still up for making pointless threads???

20. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    Apparently, ya.