So sick of Zombie games! Change the tune!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bmanashe3, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Inaf

Inaf New Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Well i like zombie games. But IMHO there are not many worth playing.

2. plantstorm

plantstorm Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    game developer
    So many people get tired of zombie, fruit, ninja, bird, angry, and then there appear panda, pig, monkey...

IMO, some zombie games worth playing, just give the best ones a go and ignore the craps.:)

3. omgpixl

omgpixl Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    I've kicked out all the zombie games only PvZ left behind. :D
    Vampire movie are enough, but Don't get bored of vampire games because indeed there's no vampire games gained fame

4. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I can't get bored by zombies....please continue the production of them in all the aspects of this life...we will be zombies in about 2-3 years anyway, so....why not?

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    u mad.

6. omgpixl

omgpixl Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    We will be zombies in about 2-3 years? :eek:

7. adamjones

adamjones Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Developer
    You forgot birds...haha:p

Ithink aliens will be back buddy...:D

8. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    U are offensive and racist! this is trash talk! (nice, finally a revenge for your old post about me and my games opinion, ye! joking!) ;)

Yep, you can find all the information about this old prophecy in the same tome where they found the mayan prophecy about the end of the world in 2012...oh wait, if all end in 2012 we have not the time to become zombies...ok, never mind! :D

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Stop it... now.

Up with zombie games, down with you.

10. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    It's because of the taste of gamers are zombified. It always revolves around big guns, half-naked muscle machos, blood and guts, swords, samurai and katanas (Japanese fetish), war, and zombies. In other words the tastes of mainstream video games is frozen in the categories of violence and fantasy, for this side of the world of course. Devs won't make money if they suddenly step out of the mainstream taste and develop something like a historical simulation of ancient Greece with no action. It's a cultural thing, people from this side of the planet prefer action over depth, people from other side of the planet prefer the reverse.

11. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Maybe they should make a game where you're a zombie trying to eat some heavily armed man's brain!

12. stonery

stonery Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Editor
    Neverland
    Bloody and not in a good taste.

13. Stride

Stride Active Member

Apr 1, 2011
    #33 Stride, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
    Aside from the really old bump, I would agree. I can't wait for the Angry Plants Vs Zombie Birds game.

I would disagree with this. There are many games that try to take a historical simulation to a certain extend for PC like the Hearts of Iron, Europa Universallis, and Victoria series developed by Paradox Interactive. They make enough money to keep each of those series active. The problem is that they're not exactly casual games. You can't just pick it up and play it for 20 minutes and then ignore it for a couple of days like many other games. They're games that require a lot of time spent on them in single sittings and just aren't geared towards console/mobile gamers. Civilization Revolution tried to make the jump over but it greatly simplified things and just didn't feel true to the main series.

14. omgpixl

omgpixl Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    #34 omgpixl, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
    OK...I was about to say, I dont want to become zombie if the mayan prophecy is existing. I prefer vampires. :D

Agree with the words above. Now we are sick of zombie games, the turning point of zombie trends might be coming. Finally, another new trend will take the place.

15. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    You don't have to be so fed up with zombie games. You can just play for a while and then pause for a while and then pick up again. They exist, but it's your choice to play or not. Just calm down...

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Zombies haven't always been mainstream. Mainstream changes and game developers are some of the people that can help it change. If everyone switches over to something else, a new found interest will rise up.

I say we bring spies and dragons back.