So sad that Apple didn't do what I expected them to do

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by deadlock32, Sep 16, 2012.

1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I don't understand why people give a shit about what kind of phone you have. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter one f*cking bit.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Your probably right I was thinking the same thing yesterday, I'd say ever since dual cores (maybe even before) any mid/high range phone you buy can essentially do anything you want it to whether it's gaming, music, movies, skype, gps, browsing etc.

Really just comes down to what you want to spend and what features like cameras. memory cards, battery power and screens are most important to you.

3. It mattered to me before I had my new ipad, since it was my main portable gaming machine, but now, I care far less.

It's nice having the ability to put some games on my iphone, but I doubt that I will ever really use my iphone much anymore due to my ipad. Nowadays, only use my iphone for talking, texting, and reading news.

These features I could do on any phone, so it is not as critical for me to have the latest greatest phone anymore.

But the iphone 5 looks like a definite improvement, so whenever my next update comes around, I will get one. The main thing for me will be the 4g lte, it must be smoking fast. Will be handy surfing the web for sure.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

There are different kind of Preorders you can place nowadays and it`s sometimes kinda tricky to count them all together:

• The Classic One: Preorder your iDevice on the Apple Homepage without a Contract or without.
    • The Lazy One: Preorder your iDevice on the Homepage of your current Carrier like AT&T,... (That`s where the current Stats seem to be from)
    • The Green One: Moving your Ass to your local Apple Store and Preorder it there.
    • The International One: Send someone a huge among of $$$ from an Offshore Account so he stays for Hours on the Launch Day in front of an Apple Store to get you a white 64 GB iPhone 5 and sent it the same Day with UPS Express Plus to Vienna so I can brag about it at a Meeting that I already own it while the Rest of the Team is still gasping to touch it and shine in my awesomeness because I still paid less for it then comparing it to if I would have ordered it in Austria.
    • The I`m an Idiot One: Ordering it on Ebay from a twelve Year old Kid that has created an Ebay Account a few Hours ago and is now selling Preorders in an among that even Apple would be able to deliver while still claiming that he will for sure deliver each one of them on the Launch Day because his Daddy is the big Boss of some Delivery Company therefor he can guarantee it that he can handle the among of Orders easily.
    • The Guerrilla One: Assault one of their delivery Trucks as it had happend a few Years ago when the first iPhone was launched.
    As you can see there are different Preorders and therefor the current stated Numbers doesn`t indicate anything since they are only for the US Market and not Global.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    LOL did someone actually assault a truck carrying original iPhones a few years ago? That's hilarious!

6. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    What I am getting at is WHY it matters at all? Why should you care what kind of phones other people want. Why does it matter that someone prefers android over iOS...

Does owning an iPhone make you a better person? Does owning an Android? No. No they don't. Both OS's are great. Each one has its advantages over the next; and each one has its disadvantages.

The Galaxy S3 is a great phone, so is the iPhone 1-5.

Its sooooooo stupid to argue. And the childish antics involved around the title change of this thread is ridiculous. The OP tries to post an opinion and have an intelligent discussion and then gets made fun of. Its immature to change the thread title and judge people based off of what phone they want or there opinion.

7. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Wow, just wow... Thanks for the good laugh OP...

Aesthetically, the i5 is somewhat similar to the i4, however if you know Apple, then you know they don't like to fix things that aren't broken. Its still the best looking phone on the market, just the same as Macbooks are still the best looking laptops, and those haven't seen a major design refresh once they figured out the secret formula.

What you need to take into account is the inner workings of the i5, as each and every facet has been completely redesigned and updated, right down to the connection port. Lets not forget this is the first Apple designed SoC, A6, in years...

Faster Ram? Check. Faster Wireless Radios? Check. Faster Graphics? Check. True SRGB display? Check. Larger Screen? Check. Better Camera? Check. Better Mics? Check. Better FaceTime? Check. Better Siri? Check. Free Turn by Turn Navigation? Check. I can go on, but I would hope you get the point here, the iPhone 5 is a true upgrade, not a middle-of-the-road update like the "S" models are...

lol!

8. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    [​IMG]

9. Leonardos

Leonardos New Member

Sep 17, 2012
  10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Well they did a study a while back to see what effect phones had on you getting laid. They found out that people who own iPhones get busy a lot more than people who own Androids. It was twice as much sex I think? Can't remember. I'm sure the implication is that a lot more neck beards use Androids than iPhones.

Just throwing that out there. ;)

11. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    its not just a phone, its my camera, its my gps, its how I video chat with my parents across the country, its... never mind, you just don't get it.

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    [​IMG]

It's my preciousssssss

I'm too lazy to look for Smeagol

13. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Yeah unfortunately that's the case. We know to much because of rumor sites that should just shut down. And Apple lost SJ foresight and incredible passion. It's getting boring.

14. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    #54 iphoneprogrammer, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    Its a cell phone dude. Its just a piece of technology. Its not a newborn child.

I've owned all iPhones and a few android phones. They are just phones...

You just don't get it.

15. OniMitch

OniMitch Active Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Games Designer
    Oxford, UK
  16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #56 Teknikal, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    It is very nice for a dual core and the size but it's not the number one phone their claiming.
    I like Apple went 4 inches though as much as I like Samsung I don't want a 5 inch device personally.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1046549

edit: Just saw this and thought it was funny enough to share

A TV station in America did a piece on the iPhone 5 claiming it had a laser keyboard and holographic projectors built in.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yeap. They're kinda known for doing stuff like this. It really is hard to believe that they aren't officially considered a "parody" news organization.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Not only one country, but not all countries.

In some countries, there's no chance to pre-order the iPhone 5 until yesterday, today or tomorrow.

Most countries with the release date December 2012 doesn't even take pre-orders yet.
    I remember in Singapore pre-oders will start today, for example.

So, what?

20. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Romania will have it in October!

The 4S launched on November 11 last year,not so long after the US debut.