So........Rolando or BOD2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dannys95, Dec 18, 2008.

?

Which one is better / has more replay value?

1. Rolando

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. Bike Or Die 2

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #1 dannys95, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
    So I was wrong and Rolando is good and not so hard to control. But how much replay value does Rolando have? Do you finish it really quickly? Which one is best? I just can't make up my mind! Please vote above and post a comment under. Thanks!

2. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

I am really loving Rolando, no doubt it's a great game, but I fear it won't take very long to complete. I've been playing Bike Or Die 2 for a long time now and slowly gaining experience as well as speed so I voted for Bike Or Die 2 for long term playability.

3. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    Rolando feels like a Nintendo DS game on steroids! The game may not be as long as some hoped for for, but heres for hoping for downloadable and user created levels.

4. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    if ngmoco can incorporate down loadable levels and user created content Rolando will easily be the game of the year, absolutely fantastic

5. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I sooooo hoep they do...will they?

6. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Heck yes! I'd pay an extra $10 for Rolando if they added player-made/downloadable levels!

They have a Story mode already, so they could just add another mode, "Free Play" or something. I'd LOVE that.

7. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I'm scared that if they don't rolando will see a huge price drop in the next couple of days and I AM GOING TO BE PISSED!

8. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Please, price drop for xmas. I'd love to see it, may be enough to get me to get it. Come on, $5.

9. wilson

wilson Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Canada, ON
  10. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Rolando is awesome. I havent beat it yet so its somewhat long. Bike or Die 2 is also an amazing game with high replay value.

11. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

My vote went to Rolando.

The sheer polish they've added to this title, it was worth waiting for it.
    I don't personally own BOD2, but from the screen shots it looks 'ok'.

R-Fly

12. Newton1221

Newton1221 Member

Nov 13, 2008
    i dont have bod2 but rolando is incredible, lots of time put into that game, its so polished and nice little extras like the iSave feature, i feel like its well worth the money, it doesnt seem like it will take horribly long to beat but it has extra parts to each level, there are diamonds to collect and mulitple rolandos to save and a time to beat, so i would say each level could easily be played 3 or 4 times correctly, and maybe im just not that good at it but it takes me several tries to get through many of the levels, its really fun and appears to have pretty good replay value

p.s. personally, the polish is enough of a reason to get it, IMHO, no other game has seen this kind of attention to detail so far in the app store

13. Justinm59

Justinm59 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I haven't played rolando so I won't vote, but I will tell you the BOD2 is a great game with tons of replay value. Although you will get frustrated with it a lot b/c the levels are hard to beat, when you do beat a level you will feel really great about yourself.

14. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    A lot?
    I believe you mean a gastronomically HUGE amount.
    Not a lot

15. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Well said.
    I've rarely ever felt such accomplishment in beating levels as I do in BoD2.
    There are 2600+ levels (downloadable).
    There is no comparison in terms of replayability/longetivity.
    BoD2 probably has the most longevity out of all the games due to the sheer amount of levels.
    Rolando has 36. Is Rolando "prettier" and more polished. I think we can say yes, but people have already completed Rolando. I don't believe ANYONE has come close to completing BoD2
    Again, I'm only talking longevity and replayability here. Rolando may be more fun in the short term, but it would be interesting to ask this question in 1 weeks time when EVERYONE will have probably completed Rolando by then. Who's still going to be playing Rolando next week? I can guarantee you people will still be playing BoD2 in the weeks and months to come...