So, OnLive Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MarleySaege, Feb 28, 2015.

1. MarleySaege

MarleySaege Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I can't help but ask, what happened to OnLive? It's been nearly 3 years and still no iOS client. Tell me please if you've heard any news regarding OnLive & share some opinions on the companies involved, both OnLive & Apple.

2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I never used the cloud game-streaming service and from the little I've read it was a bit of a mixed bag depending on the type of game you like to play. I think OnLive is a fantastic concept but a concept ten to fifteen years to early. It would not surprise in the least if Apple,Sony,Microsoft or Valve refine the concept and are able to market and execute it more successfully down the road and of course taking the credit as the innovator in most people's eyes.

The big obstacle right now is cable companies and their ridiculous pricing of higher speed services. I feel it's the inevitable future since big publishers if they had their way would want a higher degree of control over their product and eventually they will get that level of control and the rest will follow kicking and screaming. Very reminiscent of the early days of Steam and how cold people were to the concept of digital distribution and to me cloud gaming is the next digital distribution.