iPad So many GOOD games, so little time!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GatorDeb, Mar 26, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Is it me or have a bunch of great and awesome games been coming out? I can't keep up! I'm even falling behind on promo code reviews. Second screenshot are promo games still to review and first are some currently-being played games. It doesn't help that PicGrid just came up with an upgrade and Griddler Party just came out.

P.S. If you gave me a promo code and I haven't reviewed your game AND you're not on the to-be-reviewed page let me know, so that I can add you! :)

Attached Files:

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I'm falling behind as well. And the pipeline of new games all around $6 is packed! I'm really going to have to consider my purchases carefully. I almost bought mega man 2 but I think after reading that money is going to wolfenstein whoo hoo!!

3. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    It's insanity with all these games coming out! Damn that 9 page limit! :mad:

4. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Current games announced in the last 5 days that I can't wait for:

Uniwar
    Fifa Soccer
    NBA Live
    Madden NFL
    Myst
    Zenonia
    Touch KO
    NBA Basketball

Those are in some random order, with lots of overlaps. I don't think top gun's really that exciting, what with Galaxy Of Fire's release in the US and Europe so imminent.

5. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    What 9 page limit? :evilgrin:

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    With all due respect Gator, do you really need to show a screenshot of all the promo's you've received?
    Wasn't it sufficient to simply say you're behind in playing games because of all these good games and updates without throwing in a pic (even though I like your theme) ;)

7. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    Falling behind is an understatement.
    I think i have 11 or 12 games that I have not played yet.
    Having this vast arcade my pocket is sheer awesomeness.
    I spent $25 every saturday at the "Gold Mine" arcade in Fashion Island shopping center when I was a kid. Now I get to practically do the same thing but during a meeting!

8. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Sorry but I will not JB :)

9. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I like screenshots :D This is the only portable device I own that does screenshot. AND... maybe it gets people to buy them ;) I know sometimes I buy a game after I see it in someone else's iDevice.

10. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #10 CandyNJ66, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
    That was VERY well stated because that's how I feel! lol.

I'm hopelessly behind in games plus apps. I'm a fan of RPG, TM and even a TD fan so these games take time to play. I have bought LOADS of games in the last week forcing me to swap out other good games.

I've been invited to be an interviewer on a site so that means more codes=more used up space. Dear God...chaos! lol

11. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    hehe
    i didnt get caught up in the hype of any games recently
    thanks to the split i dont even know whats coming out because i forget to look in the other section!!!

anyways, gatordeb
    what is the point of this thread?
    couldnt you have well.....erm.......done something else?
    i get theres alot of threads, but this one is kind of pointless and i dont have anything else to say really

12. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I wish I was falling behind in promo codes. I'm only behind with reveiwing bmt

13. I don't think there are that many good games out yet. In a year from now how many of these games will still be worth picking up to someone who just acquired an iphone? I reckon it'll be a few but not that many of the current selection. Sure there be quite a few worth it but I don't think they've been released yet. In a year they'll be so much better and we'll laugh and having said so and so is a great game.

Everyone has their favorite genre of games and I try to cover all genres (doesn't work all that well though due to bias) but carry I on do. Lately past couple months I've noticed many of the same exact games coming out but they trump the one out currently. That is a good thing though as a more polished game usually equates to a better gaming experience. Word to the wise - don't spend more than 10 to 15 mins on crap games. Sometimes I'll spend 30 mins on a crap game and think what the crap was I thinking.

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I think if you spend more than 5 minutes with a game it is not a "crap" game.
    1/2 the games are not worth more than 5 minutes time.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is what happens when the cost of admission to the App Store is an Objective-C book and $99. ;)

16. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I'm also falling behind. I have about two home screens of apps I do not play anymore but which I still want to review because they are great. But too much new stuff is coming every day and wants to be reviewed as well. I'm even falling behind with GDC articles. And then there are the games which I have on my iPhone because I love them and want to spend some time with them.

If someone likes to write german reviews or news, just talk to me :D.

How do arn and co manage this??

17. UniWarOfficialDeveloper

UniWarOfficialDeveloper Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    We submitted UniWar last Monday morning (April 6). We hope it will be out soon but Apple does not offer anyway of knowing unfortunately.

18. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's games like this that help contribute to backlog :) I love turn based strategy games, so this is definitely on my "get" list. I might even get a chance to review it if I ever get caught up! The woes of playing games for journalism's sake...