Universal Snowboard Party (By Ratrod Studio Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #21 ratrodstudio, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    @Perseus & @Dekon
    Adding a boarder cross / race mode is also on our list.

@Dekon
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we will make sure its fixed in our next update.

We have an update that we are planning to submit mid January which will include a more dynamic in-game UI. Various fixes and game balancing issues improvements.

We are planning to push our massive update which will include tons of new content in early February:
    • 4 new characters with 5 outfits each
    • 3 new outfits per existing characters (33 new outfits total including Gothic Joyce, Prisoner Tyler, Bikini Zoey, Zombies and more!)
    • 30 new boards with unique specs
    • 3 new big air levels
    • 3 new half-pipe levels
    • 17 new global achievements to complete

Let us know if you have any cool ideas or if there's anything specific you would like to see in the game.

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I finally got around to picking this up. All I can say is great job RatRod Studios i've liked most of your games, but this one is a homerun can't wait for the said updates to hit it only gets better from here. :D

3. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I was just checking your FB page to see if there is any news on next update and after seeing the list of content, oh my ^^ I'm stoked!

This game is like an ode to SSX <-- this is a compliment, trust me!
    Game stands on it's own, don't get me wrong :)

Unfortunately, I don't have any cool ideas, only (arcade-ish) things that come to mind are:

Endless mode: - Yes, we do have a FREESTYLE

Version 1: If possible by engine and way game is coded a procedurally generated stage/terrain. No specific task or point other than just have fun for long time and try to beat your own score.

Version 2: Task is to beat your GameCenter friends best score (or your own) but this has a little twist to it. You try to do so while avalanche is chasing you. Everytime you fall, it gains on you. Not a fan of things like "You picked up +2 seconds!"

Test Your Luck mode:

"Spin the wheel on the Slot Machine and prepare for many fight rule changes and modifiers"

This is just a copy-paste from Mortal Kombat 9, but it's a really fun mode. Now if there was a way to translate that to a snowboarding game it could be interesting.
    Im thinking bad weather, invertetd -//- flipped controls/screen, drunk cam and simmilar things.

Cross promotional content:

Teaming up with another dev studio and having guest characters from their game, I think TA is a great place for stuff like that.

Hey, I warned you they are arcade-ish :p

4. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Loads of people referencing SSX when talking about this so I purchased!

5. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#25 cadaei, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Love the game!

My only suggestion would be for some generic sound tracks of just music. Not too keen on the grungish music, but then I am probably in the old fart gamer category...

Maybe a cool robot character just cause it would be awesome.

Edit:. Just found the "use my own music library" option. <facepalm/>

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #26 H4nd0fg0d, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Great game, uber fun. Just wish there was an option to race opponents. Maybe that's multiplayer, haven't given tht a go yet. If anyone knos a chime in wld be greatly preciated:!
    Just read below tht the devs will b adding boarder cross. Kudos, ratrod, kudos. It is much needed.

7. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Love the game great controls and smooth play but needs more atmosphere to the slopes.

Would really love an SSX-style campaign where you unlock routes on different mountain ranges around the world. Needs a focused story campaign for you to work through. Multiplayer 'ghost' style time trials would be great.

Could also use some more people on the slopes to bring them to life. Better weather effects might help create more atmosphere. Keep up the new track pack updates if they are of high enough quality they could be IAPs.

Definitely best snowboard game on iOS but the 'Party' name is tacky - why not just 'Snowboard'?

Looking forward to the updates will be watching how this game grows!

8. ratrodstudio

Sep 10, 2009
    great ideas guys! thanks for helping out

Our first update is going out today for iOS and Android. It includes some great gameplay improvements and various bug fixes. We fixed the music issue (when using your own music) as well.

The big content update is coming up this February, here's some of the new characters.

Anna, Enrique, Jasmine and Paul
    [​IMG]

We have tons of new outfits for all riders. We will be adding some of them on this thread as we go and as always we welcome any suggestions.

How cool is this zombie version of Maverick?
    [​IMG]

@RickyBrook: our big content update will be completely free. Levels can be unlocked by completing objectives in the game.

The "Snowboard Party" name comes from our popular "Skateboard Party" series. The game also share some of the same characters as well. Since we had over 15 million downloads on the skateboard series and the app was even featured in some of the Apple TV commercials, we thought it would make sense to keep the same franchise.

9. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    @Ratrodstudio
    Still no update on the store found!:(

10. ratrodstudio

Sep 10, 2009
    @Dekon The iOS version is pending review, should go live mid week approx.

11. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    Still no update!:(

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Love this. Closest thing to ssx on iOS. Desperately needs straight races tho.

13. ratrodstudio

Sep 10, 2009
    The last update went live earlier this week.

We are submitting our massive content update next friday. That version will also include 64 bits support for iOS so you should see a pretty major speed improvement.

Thanks

14. ratrodstudio

Sep 10, 2009
    Hey guys!

Snowboard Party is about to get a whole lot better! Our HUGE content update will be available next week on all platforms.

[​IMG]

15. ratrodstudio

Sep 10, 2009
    Just wanted to let you know guys that our new update is now out on all platforms. Hope you enjoy the new content :)

cheers :)

16. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Awesome. I love this game. Haven't read content update but I hope there's some racing in there somewhere. Thnx & cheers mate!

17. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Still no boarder cross? Rlly, wtf???

18. ratrodstudio

Sep 10, 2009
    No boarder cross yet... please be patient. We are a fairly small team and it takes time. We wanted to push this content update asap for now while we keep on working on adding major features.

19. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Thts cool. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful. The new content is great and your small team has put together the definitive iOS snowboarding experience. Kudos and keep up the awesome wrk, it rlly is appreciated. Cheers

20. ratrodstudio

Sep 10, 2009
    Thanks, glad you like the new content. We have a lot of great things coming up. In the meantime, let us know if you have any ideas and we will go through those and see what we can include in our upcoming updates.

Thanks for your support
    cheers