iPad Snowball Fight

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AmazingRuss, Mar 6, 2009.

1. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
  2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Are those zombies? :eek:

3. IAmAlive

IAmAlive Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Intern.
    Austin, TX.
    PM sent. =)

4. AmazingRuss

Mar 6, 2009
    Nope...just bad kids and a bunny rabbit :)

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    PM sent :)

6. AmazingRuss

Mar 6, 2009
    Dang, that was quick...I'm out of codes :eek:

I'll see if I can get more, but it may be a few days.

7. mrholder

mrholder Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
  8. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Well, I have the time. I've sended a PM too.

9. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    thanks for the code! i was already able to try this and this game is enjoyable! :D i was able to control the tilting effect easily and you must know how difficult that is for me (i can't get pass mission 1 of space ninja without using slow motion). i can see myself playing with this if i have some time to spend.

one suggestion is could you change the sound effects when the targets get hit ("eeeeaahh!")? i don't know, it doesn't sound good to me. :p maybe change to "oooohf!" or even to actual words like "yikkkesss!"

10. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    PM sent so hopefully I will get a code whenever they are available again.

I used to play a flash snowball game that I really liked (Anyone remember that?), so this game looks fun! :)

11. AmazingRuss

Mar 6, 2009
    I'll talk to the sound guy and see what we can do.

Thanks for the feedback!

What is everybody's high score? I've gotten up to 385, but I've had lots of practice :D

12. IAmAlive

IAmAlive Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Intern.
    Austin, TX.
    This app is great if you like to try to rack up high scores. You have 20 balls that you try to throw at 3 different types of targets. If you hit more than one in a row, your score is multiplied. Kind of like a carnival style shooting game. The aiming function works very very well for this app. I feel as if I am actually sort of there. The throwing physics work well with the snowball. Overall it's a well built app that works exactly as it says it should.

4 stars only becuase the targets remind me of paper cutouts and don't throw stuff back.

What I would like to see is a difficulty selection, better target graphics, and interactive targets(they throw back and you must dodge)

13. AmazingRuss

Mar 6, 2009
    Good ideas...we are working on another, similar game that we will definitely incorporate a couple of those elements.

Thanks for checking it out and writing back.

14. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I just played a bit of Snowball Fight and dig it. You have three targets to hit for points, each one is worth a different amount of points. The controls are very simple and I found them easy.

This is a good pick up game like on a subway, at work, at home etc. It's addicting and reminds me of snowball fights of when I was a little girl.

Good fun! Good work Russ :)

Edit: I also would like to have interactive targets that can throw snowballs back at you

15. AmazingRuss

Mar 6, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback!

I think I will have them throw snowballs back at you. I've been thinking about what happens when they hit you....should you lose a point, or have a health bar or something?

That idea got me thinking of making a way for you to dodge the snowballs. Does that sound fun, or annoying? I don't want to get too complicated....it's supposed to be a silly little game that doesn't require much thought. The scoring multiplier adds plenty of tension, I think...assuming people are interested in the score...I was also thinking about having an online high score table, if there were interest in that.