Universal Sniper Fury (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 2, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Well said! I agree with what you're saying, even if I have squeezed some semblance of fun out of this game. It is very sad indeed that it takes doing this just to make an experience passable....not even worthwhile, just passable. It really is the whale phenomena that created this market. The development of these games isn't a huge amount of time or money when compared to console, and Gameloft has grown big enough to be able to operate at the level of a console gaming publisher without the huge cost of development, time, and advertising behind it. That is what is now attracting more console publishers like Konami, and even Nintendo (!), to the mobile scene. I hope they bring a shift to premium, but knowing both markets so well, they'll most likely look at current revenue tactics and see free to play/pay to win as a very viable means to an end. It's already worked for EA (i.e. The Empire), Sega (although now after having a fallout, has returned as a F2P publisher), and even Ubisoft has niched out a segment of the market, albeit more on the premium side at the cost of smaller revenues.

We say "don't support freemium", but in the end, the markets outside our native territories dictate F2P as a major revenue generator. And honestly, can we blame them? Unfortunately not, even if it goes against moral and ethical business practices, or makes them the d-bags of the mobile market. Their investors could care less....call them d-bags while they drive their Rolls Royce to the bank to cash a $100,000 check, which is chump change to them. Sad but true, and they know it, which is the swift kick in the @$$

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Unfortunately they way they have the PvP rewards organized, you can't win anything unless you are really high in the pay-to-play category. You need to have purchased the advanced guns and you need to buy energy refills. Its a standard design really.

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    The saddest part of this whole epidemic in mobile gaming is the gross ignorance of the mass majority of the general gaming population. 99% of the ppl that play the freemium garbage don't have a clue as to what Touch Arcade is and don't even for half of one second realize what is really going on. They see a game, see it is free and think they are winning out somehow and don't question timers or energy systems bc they just think it's the norm for mobile gaming and in turn never even realize the difference between freemium and premium bc they always 100% of the time think, wow all these games are free, why would I ever spend $ on games. In turn, premium games don't get a second look from these 'C' average minds. It's not rocket science, it's pathetic, cheap human nature being preyed on by these freemium devs. I gotta give it to them tho, they have the whales and the morons rite where they want them.

4. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    There are milestone rewards that mostly make a bit of it worthwhile. Last tourney had gems as rewards, which is the only currency to buy battle packs and the best guns. The one before that gave out battle packs. Agreed though. Placing in the top 100.....I have a life, I just don't see how that's done....oh wait, you can pay gems for energy refills.....do I hear an Orca?

5. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Well.....I hit the "pay up or get out" point. Every player I'm up against has multiple heavy hitters and my 8500 dmg sniper rifle isn't cutting it. I can't upgrade my base because I can't beat these guys to generate gold, and of course they're just picking off my gold like a kid in a candy store. So.....I'll give it one more day and then write this game off, like I have most of their titles over the past 3 years....hmmm, Gameloft rimes with game off....

6. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    The new update states that Dubai is now available to play. I have everything in the previous chapters completed, but Dubai still says "Coming Soon."

7. Grandpa Jake

Grandpa Jake New Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Battle Packs

Just curious what happens when you win Battle Packs. I won 5 earlier today but did not notice anything change? Can anyone explain this?

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I uninstalled The kill shot series because of The ADS.

In This Game there are any ADS?

9. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Then you made a mistake. Kill Shot Bravo is 100 times better than Sniper Fury (and I've played both). A very small purchase (£5?) on Kill Shot will stop the auto-playing adverts and you won't see them again. It will also give you +2 energy permanently, I believe.

Don't play this pretender (or indeed anything by Gameloft).

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Thankyou For your advice. I'll think about it.

11. rogerdavid

rogerdavid New Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Am stuck with sniper rifle in base attck. How to change it to assault? Am level 14

12. rogerdavid

rogerdavid New Member

Jan 16, 2018
    chg weapon

Stuck with sniper rifle in base attack. How to change to assault? I am at level 14 base level 14