Universal Sniper Fury (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 2, 2015.

1. siryami220

siryami220 New Member

Jul 6, 2013
    I thought it was alright until the whole base building thing popped up. That was a deal breaker for me.

2. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah I don't like that crap either but it's really not all that bad here. It's just more sniping and a way to earn a crap ton of gold which is needed for certain upgrades.

What is starting to get to me are the weapon requirements. I'm on the second stage and I can't even start the assault missions until I save up 10k to buy a new assault rifle, while at the same time using that money to upgrade my current sniper rifle in order to play the sniper and story missions. What that means is I either need to shell out $10 in real cash to buy the IAP bundle of game cash, or grind 50+ contract missions that only pay out $250 a pop, keeping in mind the energy system that only lets me play 10 of those missions at a time before I have to wait an hour for my energy to replenish. While all that is not the end of the world, it is certainly a damper on the fun factor. I'm sure it will get worse with each location too. I still really like the game, but the balancing is way unfair. The consumable IAPs are pretty ridiculous, and Gameloft is out of their minds if they think I'm going to pay their ridiculous prices. I may buy a gun bundle at some point, but I absolutely will not keep shelling out for consumable IAP which is clearly what they are trying to get their players to do.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

:( Ouch. Usually Gameloft games allow you to get at least halfway through the game before the freemuim kicks in though.

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Same weapon requirement necessities approach used in the Deer hunter series which fails it for me. My time is too valuable to spend untold time grinding for gun requirements. Had a tiny tiny bit of fun but that's over now. Deleted...thanks gameloft, love ya!

5. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I was just giving you some friendly crap ;)

I don't have much experience with their freemium games but with Sniper I got a combined total of about an hour of play before I started to feel the freemium pinch. That's kind of insulting when you think about it.

6. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    The energy system is way too frustrating:(

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I remember a time I was so excited and purchased every game loft game. This is going back about 3-4 years ago. The modern combat 2 days and the early nova days. Game loft was the creme of the crop when it came to iOS games. Now I can't remember the last game I purchased from them. I just can't believe what iap's did to that company. Sheesh

8. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Same thing happened to Chillingo (mostly).....

9. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Here's a couple of tips that may help with progression.

1) From the main screen, tapping on the trophy icon takes you to achievements, and you can claim rewards ranging from cash and gold, to gems. It took me a day to realize I was completing achievements and that there were rewards available. **You have to tap claim to get the rewards**

2) Once you reach the 2nd area, just hold out on spending cash until you have enough for the Cato Flywheel and the Cato Mar-45 (sniper and assault respectively). These guns do base 6k damage, and are a HUGE help in knocking out all missions in this region without having to continually upgrade and spend resources in the process. In fact, you can get both to lvl 4 doing 6400 dmg with just $8k, which really isn't too hard to grind. This will also make PvP(E) much easier with the low opponents who may have some high gold yields.

3) You can level up your base to a max of one level behind your player level. So if you player level is 11, max base level would be 10. This is good to know so that you can plan out usage of energy, which we all agree is scarce.

4) Regarding energy, every 40 minutes you'll have a full fill-up. I've kept this in mind to time my playing, especially for the PvP(E) because I'm trying to at least finish in the top 50, which is worth 8 battle packs.

5) Battle packs - I found it may be better to try to win these from PvP than to use precious gems on a random chance of getting something good. I've yet to get anything good when spending gems. So this makes PvP viable. Since the top end rifles all cost gems, it's better to save towards these.

6) PvP - besides the above stated, there are achievement points that (at least for this tourney) pay out gems. Get 10 wins on enemy bases for gems, so on and so forth. I've collected (I think) 100 gems in this tourney. Also, as mentioned in a prev post, gold is the main reward, and besides being used to upgrade your base and characters, it's also used to upgrade weapons when you hit the "check point" where you're forced to grind resources and then spend gold.

I hope this info helps.

- CHIEF

10. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Which is the better of the two games? Sniper Fury or Kill Shot Bravo? ....

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    This. Bravo has a better energy system, but the amount of grinding to get anything is just so tedious.

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Thank you for taking the time, Chief. I'd like to ask, about how much time extra are you talking in regard to the grinding. You spoke of saving up for the KatoFlywheel, what kind of time did that save up consume. Thanx bro.

13. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Killshot Bravo is better than this game.

14. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Eh, I don't really agree. I was a HUGE fan of the original Killshot and was super excited when Bravo came out. Since downloading Sniper Fury though, Bravo isn't getting played nearly as much. I can't exactly explain why I like Sniper Fury better, I just know that I'm enjoying playing it more so than Bravo. It's definitely more visceral and intense than Bravo is. Both are great games IMO. And they both blow Sniper X out of the water, which I still somewhat enjoy. I don't know what it is about them but sniper games really are one of my favorite genres when it comes to mobile gaming.

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #55 TotallyImba, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    The real time pvp and the energy system is better in Bravo.

I don't know with this game but with most of game loft games the best weapons are to expensive to buy.

Plus Bravo seems way more popular than this game. App Spy and Pocket Gamer gave his bad reviews.

16. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I agree that the PVP and energy systems are better in Bravo, but those are very minor things IMO. I think the general gameplay in Fury is just a lot more polished and realistic.

I was never one to allow reviews to sway my opinion. I mean, a review is just a written out opinion of someone else; just because it is posted on a site that reviews games does not give it any more significance than the opinion of another TA member, for instance.

17. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #57 chief78, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    Literally a few hours to have gotten those weapons. To be fair though, now I'm at the 2nd level-up point which takes more gold (already have the resources) than I can hold at max. That means I'm tirelessly grinding to level up twice so that my vault capacity is high enough to be able to rank them up.....that is needed because my next main mission in campaign 3 requires them to be at that level. So, yes, the paywall or grind wall is what I'm still dealing with. I have mixed feelings. It's taking time away from PvP and so I'm foregoing this 24 hr event currently running, but I'll be able to hold more gold and continue with the campaign.

The caveat to this is that I'm not getting the PvP character cards that convert to XP nearly enough, so I feel like I'm loading up on gold for someone to come in and snag away. But then again, it's not too big of a deal because some poor guy is going to cough up 4k plus in gold and I'll get it all back. All in all, this is the better experience when compared to Bravo, although I do prefer just putting 2 dudes on a map and seeing who can take down the other quicker. But that game's progression is stunted so severely by paywalls that it repulsed me.....so I favor slightly towards this one because careful planning, for the most part, goes a good distance. There are definitely halting stops, like what I'm experiencing now, but there's this arcade feel to the game that keeps me hooked, and that seems shallow but it's working for me.....definitely more than Bravo did.

I wish a dev would take the PvP and energy system from Bravo, merge it with the campaign and mission structure from this one, ditch the IAPs, and let us go at it......of course that will never happen but one can hope.

EDIT: This game is a tetering scale, going back and forth from being enjoyable to frustrating. The scale goes back and forth and back and forth, and I feel like a big fat "you lose" is coming, but I haven't gotten there yet. Knowing Gameloft, the whales will sink their teeth into the ridiculous IAP, and the rest of us will be playing a much better game in a couple months' time ;)

18. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Furious Monetizing

You know, reading these posts makes me feel really sad about what's happening now with the gaming industry, especially with a developer like Gameloft. Players are not truly enjoying themselves with games as much nowadays as much as they did back in the pre-PS3 days. We understand that development and production costs of games are folds higher than before, but developers (especially big companies) should learn to listen to their customers' opinions and suggestions instead of creating a game that's upwards 80% monetization with less than 30% actual gaming. We understand that you need sustenance, but you must also realize the need for taking some larger risks or making well-calculated sacrifices (on the consumer's behalf) if you want to be known as a good developer; good PR goes a long way, and that concept is more important than whatever figures you projected in terms of monetization. There was a time when the consumers didn't have to worry about these developer-related things, but times have certainly changed.

I think Gameloft is running a cold business. They use their "whaleborne" resources to keep making more games to attract more whales; it's like using whale meat as whale bait. The general player will be overwhelmed with game limitations, so psychologically speaking, patience has become the most paramount of virtues when dealing with games like these. The general player will either take the bait for a spin and then leave when they realize that $99USD still won't cut it, become a whale (lower chance), play the game periodically without paying anything (massive limitations + waiting spanning over 6 months) until they realize the precious time wasted and breakdown, or finally, delete the game in short time span.

I'm not sure if money is earned by developers on a per login basis (for games that require a constant internet connection), but if it is, then the company would still have gotten whatever accumulated revenues from the non-paying patient user.

....and the saddest part for these types of online only games is that after the dev sees fit to stop the service, the consumers are screwed. The game is not the consumers' intellectual property, so all of their time and money put into the game will become history (we are expected to forget!?), and the game likely won't be accessible ever again; instead, a new game will rise from the ashes....rinse and repeat the mindless struggle to be top of the leaderboards.

That's FREEMIUM.

PREMIUM usually offers a complete product that is often balanced for consumer entertainment with little to no consumer-haggling monetizing models. That being said, Gameloft's Sniper Fury can kiss my furious ass.

19. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Has anyone successfully connected their Facebook accounts yet? I am still unable to do so. Every time I try it just hangs... and hangs... and hangs... and hangs...

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Same here. Tried a hard boot on my phone, then opened FB 1st and then the game but still no luck.