Universal Sniper Elite 4 (Rebellion)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Torrente, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Torrente

Torrente Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2024
  2. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

The person who made that video must have some issues.

Torrente likes this.
  3. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    Come on man, it’s all good and fun. I think it reflect a perfect sense of humor. :) In the second game you can shoot Hitler in the balls - that has to account for something. Right!? :D

Have you played a S.E game? The series are pretty old today. The first one released 2005 acording to wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_Elite

I would have guessed later, but apperently not. I have the first three games on Steam, but I have only played the third one. I had fun with it as I recall. Nice graphics and smooth gameplay. More of a ”Metal Gear” experiance than a action shooter. I have no clue how the series evolved to now tho.

But I think the concept can fit on mobile. It’s a little more slow experiance. No twitch shooting. At least not if you play as it should be played.

sebgo likes this.
  4. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's sorta hilarious, no problem with that. I meant the person who made the video, focused solely on ballshots, must be nuts. I mean... why?

As a gameplay feature, it's quite good. After all, it makes it more realistic and offers a challenge.

Nah, I don't really enjoy "realistic" warfare games. I like 3rd/FPS games, but in a sci-fi or cartoon-ish setting, like Bioshock or Fortnite. For war, terrorism and crime, I rather check the news.

I remember playing some sniping games, made with stickmen design. I liked their mechanics which involved keeping in mind factors suchs as distance and wind direction.

5. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    The slowmo xray shots its basically the main feature of the Sniper Elite games. It doesnt have to be nutshots of course. Thats is more of a internet meme. :D Its nothing to get upset about. Mortal Kombat does it too. I think they stole it from Sniper Elite.

It is a gimmick after all, whats good about the games is more that the gameplay and pacing of the games is slower. You are fragile and you can’t go in guns blazing in every situation. You will die if you run around and shoot like crazy - you have to think a bit and sneak around.

i shouldnt say too much because of course I have no clue what this game will be about, or if it even will be any good. But I dont think you should reject it just because I linked a goofy YT-video. :)

Check it out when it comes out. Maybe you will like the concept?

sebgo likes this.
  6. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I have an iPhone 8, it's probably not gonna be supported. Still, it's a game about killing people, so it's not my kind of game; for me, targets have to be monsters, aliens, mutants, robots or people (only in more fictitious scenarios).

Stronsay likes this.
  7. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    Ok. I think I understand.

Is it a religious believe you have. Or is it something else? I mean that you can’t kill fictious humanoids in a videogame.

sebgo likes this.
  8. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Good to know it’s not just me; I get a kick out of most fantasy violence but the medical detail shown here would make me feel like a sadistic psycho - probably a lot of fun but not how I want to feel.

9. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    Have you looked at some actual gameplay? It’s not a sadistic psycho game at all. I dont understand where you people get that from!?:rolleyes:

Check out the trailer!

Stronsay likes this.
  10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m fine with killing fake people in games. What next ? Moaning that tom and Jerry is violent ?

I’ve killed space invaders in the 80s. Mutants in Doom and Quake in the 90s. Crashed my car into others in GTA (and didn’t leave insurance details as it’s all fake and just a game !) and ran over people. Nazis in Call of duty and more. It’s all fake and I don’t feel guilty for killing aliens or sprites of humans ! It’s just a game

looks to be a good game. Never played the original.

11. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#11 sebgo, Jun 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    I'm not religious at all; you know some religious groups have killed real people in the [not so distant] past, right?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just don't like violence that's "similar" to the real world. I don't feel guilty or sick about those AI people, it's just not appealing as a videogame scenario; as I said, for me, it's just like watching the news, except in games it's possible to go over the top without real consequences.

Tom & Jerry is one of my favorite cartoons. Definitely unrelated to the kind of violence I dislike, though. In other media, I'm fine with realistic violence, though; I kind of like WWs content in movies, for example. It's just towards videogames that I'm not inclined for such themes.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Frankly, not sure why anyone should have to explain their personal preferences. Gaming should be fun. If seeing closeups of internal damage is not fun for you, then it’s not fun — period. That doesn’t make @sebgo a weird person, and he’s certainly not criticizing anyone’s preference.

Me, I’m looking forward to this :).

13. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #13 mastery51, Jun 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    I do believe that Sniper Elite 4 has the ability to turn off both kill cam and the X-ray camera if the medical scene are too much.

Edit:
    It was recommended a bit back then when it was released, so the developers added that option.

Also YouTubers were also getting their gameplay videos either age restricted or removed.​

Stronsay and squarezero like this.
  14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I’m sure that I’ll do that on occasion. I remember playing through Stubbs the Zombie (a game I loved) and sometimes having to stop because the brain eating animation was making me ill. Didn’t stop me from beating the game, though :).

mastery51 likes this.
  15. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    Ok. No need to get worked up about it.

I guess you never did play any of the more modern Mortal Kombat titles? Protip - Stay clear of those. That stuff is pretty intense.:)

Really? I did play the second one, or if it was the therd. But I dont remember that option. It was a long time ago so I could have missed it.

sebgo likes this.
  16. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    There is a zombie nazi-shooter with the same hallmarks as S.E. I cant remember now if it is a spinn off, or if it is a official entry in the S.E series. More in the line with CoD: Zombies.

its way more goofy tho. They dont aim for that ”realism” as S.E

sebgo likes this.
  17. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Oh, I love all the gore and violence in all of the Mortal Kombat (and other titles/genres as well, such as Unreal Tournament) games I've seen or played [for a bit]. I suck at playing them (I haven't been able to adapt to their mechanics), though, so it's not my kind of fighting game. That doesn't mean I'm good at any fighting game, but I've enjoyed others in the genre.

I think people got my reaction towards the nutshots video wrong: I'm not bothered by explicit violence. I think I stated I don't like "realistic war" games, and implied it's mostly because they remind me of real life situations and, for me, games are meant to take me away from it. I don't mind the killing or the way it's performed, I just don't care about the setting.

About the nutshots video, I still wonder why anyone would make a video full of it; I mean... 100 shots video? 10 would have been enough to enjoy the show. Maybe they have a tic? Haha

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You are probably thinking about this:

19. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Yes I’m pretty sure for the fourth version. I’m not sure about the earlier versions of Sniper Elite though 1,2,3.
    IMG_0843.jpeg

Torrente likes this.
  20. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    Most likely, I have a hard time remembering but I do recognize the splash screen.