Out Now Sneaky Sasquatch (by Rac7 Games)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I downloaded this to give it a look even though it looked like a kids game the sneaky bit made me want to try it.

It’s actually pretty good, still possibly a kids game? But you have a home base, you sneak around have to tip toe and hide in bushes etc, distract people and steal all the food you can. You eat the food to survive and sell everything remaining from that day for gold.

You use gold to buy things in the shop like a shovel that unlocks digging for treasure, an ore to canoe and a fishing rod to fish etc I kind of like the gameplay loop as you get more things to help you find more to sell to unlock more. It has a story too and some side quests you find along the way.

I thought it was clever that I had to set off a fire alarm to wake a Park ranger, to do that I had to turn on his oven hobs and then I dropped some of the food I’d found on them and that worked. But the game doesn’t walk you through anything you have to figure it out yourself so I think it would be hard for a kid to play.

It’s worth checking out at least if your interested.

ROGER-NL likes this.
  3. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I tried a bit of this back when Apple Arcade launched. It was one of the first things I tried in fact as I really liked the art style. Didn't get far as other games took my attention but it seemed solid. Decent graphics and controls, kinda fun. Reminds me a bit in some ways of Untitled Goose Game, but with more of a stealth focus and less creativity.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Wanna play this in english, but it has dutch subtitles, find nothing were I can change that, I play all games in english, dunno why ha ha.