Sneak Peek - League of Evil 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ravenousgames, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    I LOVED the first game, it is awesome to see a sequel coming out. Will LOE 2 be universal out of the gate? Any chance of also making it iCade compatible?

2. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    I prefer the new look to the old look, it looks nicer in my opinion, but that's just because I prefer an hd look:p

3. ravenousgames

ravenousgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the great feedback! Wow, we're glad you guys are as psyched as we are! News spreads fast, saw the screenshots on TA, PocketGamer and IGN today!

Now to answer a few questions. Yes the game will be universal at launch. We are primarily developing on a retina enabled iPod touch and iPad 2. We have run it on 3GS and even the 1st gen iPod touch, but we won't know how far back we will support until we get closer to completing development. As for the level editor, we will not be including it in LoE2. We will be putting it into LoE1 and using it as a test of creating as stable map editing community for LoE1. Should that venture go well we will look into expanding that over into LoE2.

We are glad to hear general consensus being a thumbs up for the new art. As much as we love the retro art style, we feel this is the best way to please both sets of fans. :)

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Another vote for icade support please!

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sounds good to me! :D

So the level editor probably won't be implemented in to LOE until sometime after LOE2 is released, yes?

6. daigamer

daigamer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Loved the 1st game and doublely looking forward to this one. The amount of levels and content the 1st one had was awesome!!

7. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    -could you please put a big boss fight for every one of the 5 enviroments?

- i also think that your background could use more details, like robots flying, clouds, escenary, people,etc.

-please add a lot of new stuff! Like power ups (for some levels), maybe a partner?
    :)

8. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    So will you be able to play in both character styles?

9. Pygmalion

Pygmalion Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Why change the look in this way and call it it LoE2??? I can't understand that. I am sure you will loose many hardcore pixel gamers. On the principles of LoE you could make sth like LoE2 with new characters in that cell-shade-look if you want to go mainstream – but don't call it LoE2!!!

10. ravenousgames

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    We actually have a few costumes that will be in the game. :)

We understand that you are disappointed that the sequel is not in pixel art. However, it is still the LoE franchise!! We weighed the decision and decided to go with a more modern look for the sequel. We shouldn't "lose" our pixel fans since we're are still maintaining LoE1. We just need to open the LoE gameplay to a wider range of gamers!

11. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    I don't know what it was about LoE (the first one) but it's graphics had a certain charm to it that left me (someone who normally doesn't care about retro graphics, or even like them most of the time) loving the graphics. And the sequel sounds awesome too. Though admittedly I hope one of those costumes is a 'classic' costume :p. Hope the sequel's even better than the first! Also: am I the only one that noticed that LoE just took an awesome semi-random climb back into the top 200 paid apps again!!!

12. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

New graphics look sweet!

13. ravenousgames

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    We just received the updated "bazooka man" from Jeff over at BulletProof Outlaws and think he looks awesome!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    it does indeed look awesome!

15. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Yes definitely, looks amazing:D

16. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    #36 knoids, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    The only problem that I have with the graphics, are that the scientist kinda look good and very not-evil! I am really digging the new art style! (I bet a TON of people would get all worked up about this, but I dont really like pixel art graphics. I mean, it DEFINATLEY worked in LoE, but I think that basically every game would look sooooooooooo much better with this, cartoonish style graphics.

Hey devs, do you have any ideas on what generations this game will run on? Earlier you said you ran it on a 1st gen, and is that still possible?

17. ravenousgames

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Just wanted to let everyone know we are almost done creating all the maps for LoE2 which means we'll be onto a few other things so that we can hopefully launch our beta test period in a few weeks!

We still aren't sure how far back we are going to support. We will do our and make an announcement of device specs requirements when we have them.

18. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Thats awesome. How are you guys handling the beta?

19. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Big android guy looks like Cyborg from Teen Titans except white.

20. ravenousgames

Dec 20, 2009
    Game Developer
    Canada
    We're not too sure. Last time we just posted on the TA forum I believe. This time around we will probably put a contact form on our website. What do you guys usually see around here for beta signups?