iPad Sneak Peek: Jezster

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Birdsoft, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    #1 Birdsoft, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009

>> Jezster <<

[​IMG]

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    that looks really fun, any word on the price??

3. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    #3 pablo19, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    come on! just buy the darn game:mad:

4. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    This does look interesting but I am a sucker for Jezzball games.

5. Birdsoft

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the interest... It will be releasing at an Introductory Price of $1.99. And Im sure Ill have some promo codes at release for this forum...

Other Questions? The gameplay doesnt show some of the more advanced powerups, obstacles, or Boss levels.. Don't want to give it all away.. :)

Thanks!!

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #6 rIcHrAnDoM, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    Has this been submitted?

7. Birdsoft

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    Hopefully by Tomorrow. Thanks

8. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Hi Birdsoft :)

First of all, I like the implementation of the Settings and Help pages. Just the way I like them. Easy to find and navigate, and a clear layout.

The Goals, are they something you can do each level? Like on Rolando, to name a popular example, you can revisit a level to beat the time goal, save a certain amount of Rolandos and collect all the diamonds. Do the goals in Jezster give you a handful of reasons to revisit each level? Because that would imply a great amount of replay value. :)

P.S. @ all readers - The best way to deal with posts that you think are breaking the rules, is reporting them. Use the red triangle next to the post number. If I think that posts are breaking the rules and are annoying for devs or other forum members, I help out the moderators and notify them.

9. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    LOL - I didn't even comment on the game itself! It looks really nice, I like clear, polished, bright graphics. I do want to experience the controls before commenting on them though, it seems like it may become annoying to first press the horizontal/vertical button before drawing a line? But maybe that won't be the case. Or maybe tilt controls (HUD) would be a good alternative in this case.

Good luck on the release! :)

10. Birdsoft

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    #10 Birdsoft, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    The goals are something that are kept track of by level and difficulty so you can improve goals by doing them in harder levels..

Yeah, I didnt make a video of the HUD, which was actually preferred by some of the beta testers, simply because that is one of the few things that needs a tweak before I can submit the application. We actually have 2 other control systems in mind for later releases that will make the game play feel quite a bit different again....

11. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm impressed with the presentation values, everything is organized and there is a no lack of information. It looks really fresh and I like how there are goals instead of just the regular "reach for a high score."

However, judging from the game play, the gameplay didn't seem 100% smooth with the ball physics and especially when drawing the line. Maybe it's just the video, but I'm just making a comment anyways.

12. Birdsoft

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    Hmmm.. not sure what you saw? It plays smoothly(at least in my mind) with up to like 20 balls on the screen(and the other animations that dont necessarily all show up that well on the grainy video).

13. #13 Mindfield, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    Admittedly, that looks like a pretty decent Jezzball/Qix-style game. I've reviewed I think two or three different Qix variants but none of them so far have quite felt right. (ngmoco's Dr. Awesome may be different; I haven't tried that one yet, but it also deviates a bit more than usual from the Qix format by allowing arbitrary angles. Plus, it's accelerometer-controlled, which can be really hit or miss.) Following the Jezzball format I think seems ot be the better way to go on a mobile platform like this.

Could perhaps be one to check out.

14. Birdsoft

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    We think so.. we will be experimenting with other control systems/formats with the game, but settled on these couple really good ones for now, after playtesting a few things and seeing some of the 'hit or miss' types.

15. Birdsoft

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    Submitted to AppStore Today.