Universal Snakebird (by Noumenon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 21, 2016.

1. #81 AppUnwrapper, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    Almost there. Just finished 22 (but not some earlier ones).

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #82 ROGER-NL, Jul 25, 2016
    What the Bazooka, now I am stuck on level 20, how hard can this be, Lara Croft Go was Kinderspiel compared to this game.

Just got it, and when you see it it's so simple.

3. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Games harder than heck :). Kinda wish it had some sort of Game Center integration.

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The way I see it, you made an incorrect assumption by trying to apply real world logic, yet ignored other instances of similar things. For instance, snakes can make formations that clearly defy gravity (that you could never make with wooden blocks, for instance.

I'd argue that it is consistently inconsistent on how it applies natural laws. As long as it is internally consistent, there nothing to complain about, IMO.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Care to share an example of how snakes can "clearly" defy gravity?

6. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Hmm interestingly enough
    Level 26
    is one of the levels I haven't yet solved. I do hope it doesn't feel like an 'unfair' solution as y2kmp3 is suggesting.

Roger level 20 is a toughie! It's such an obvious solution when you see it but that was a level that eluded me for a long time (a few reviewers have even mentioned level 20 as an example of a 'how could I not see it?' level).

@AppUnwrapper, have you solved 18 and 19? Those are the only levels before 22 that I haven't yet solved.

In regards to the game's physics, they're definitely on the quirky side but for now I see it as totally internally consistent. The game is turnbased. And in terms of the game's 'turns', gravity is the last force to take effect. Essentially everything is considered to be stable during the course of your move. And if everything is stable after your move, even if the transition is a bit naff, it's considered perfectly fine. But I haven't solved 26 yet so let's see...

7. #87 AppUnwrapper, Jul 25, 2016
    From the earlier ones available, 16, 17, 19 & 20 are causing me trouble. It's maddening, but I know it'll feel amazing when I finally get them. :)

And I completed 21 last night but am having trouble reproducing it. :p

8. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    #88 TheGreatEscaper, Jul 25, 2016
    Level 21 was one of those levels I kind of accidentally solved as well after deducing the fruit order. But fruit order was enough to make me find the solution again and it came back to me. I'm not a huge fan of that level (despite preferring single snake puzzles).

16 I found to be a bit tedious.
    17 is a wonderful series of steps. I'm sure you'll be smiling when you finally solve it!
    20 is a weird level. The steps required are not particularly difficult but for some reason everyone (myself included) just cannot see it when they are trying it. It must be some sort of mental block. I only solved the level by thinking 'this level is impossible! The only way it'd be possible is if... oh.' Which was simultaneously one of the most satisfying and embarrassing experiences I've had with this game!

9. #89 AppUnwrapper, Jul 25, 2016
    Yeah, I remember the order of the fruits in 21, and I have the first one. It's getting the second and being set up right for the third that's stumping me. I can't believe it's causing me so much trouble to reproduce!

Edit: Just got 21 again. Now to see if I can do it yet again. :p

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Not getting 21 it's killing me, you got to get the cherry under the platform the last right, I think so.

11. #91 AppUnwrapper, Jul 25, 2016
    It's ridiculous. It feels like Puzzlepops 99 again. Every time I get it, I can't remember exactly what I did.

Edit: Solved it a third time. I think I'm close to actually knowing what I did. :p

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Though I am not necessary fond of that particular mechanic in the game, I am not sure if I would go so far as to claim it is "unfair". I think "unexpected" may be a better term. The line in between them here is a fine one, however.

I was able to solve both Level 18 and Level 19. I didn't have much trouble with Level 18. But I agree entirely that Level 19 is a toughie. I knew early on that I must align all of the snakes in a certain way, but figuring out how to align them in the right direction took a while. Once I discovered the "alignment" method, repeated application quickly solves the level.

13. Omg why are 16, 17, 19 & 20 giving me so much trouble?

Trying to solve them first since later puzzles introduce new mechanics to master.

Don't want help/spoilers. Just airing my grief. :p

14. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    I might suggest doing later levels. I solved the entirety of the portal world including the star level there because I felt that mechanic really clicked with me, despite not solving most of the 'crate' world which comes earlier numerically and a few levels left out here and there.

15. Yeah just got two of the portal levels done, so may stick with those for a bit.

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Curious, I would love to see some videos from you showing how you troubleshoot these levels as you are trying to solve each one? It would be an unusual video, as it is not focusing on showing the solution but rather the process of trying to discover the solution and seeing how a player may get stuck because of a certain blind spot. For me, many levels were solved this way and it was very instructive for me to return to resolve the level (after completing it) to understand what I missed initially.

17. That might be a really long video. :p But maybe I'll do one like that.

18. #98 AppUnwrapper, Jul 25, 2016
    Wow the portal levels are so much easier. Just knocked off 5 of them already.

Edit: Haha spoke too soon. 35 is crazy.

19. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Yeah, of all the portal levels I completed so far, I agree that Level 35 is the hardest. It requires a "new" use of the portal that I had not used before and was the only level I solved so far that leveraged this unique property.

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    In level 21 I first go for the strawberry and after that the orange but that's not going to work, and going first for the orange doesn't work either aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!