Universal Snakebird (by Noumenon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 21, 2016.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I finished the first 12 levels, it's so much fun, and it looks great also with little details here and there, this gem is why I still play games, when I was young we had not shuch great games as this, oh no we had the Atari in 1983 what a load of shit compared to this game ha ha, this one game is better than all the Atari shit together.

2. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yes please don't make game any less difficult just cause a few sour apples can't wrap their head around it.

Part of the fun with these puzzle type games is the challenge. And all too many are trying to hand hold you through them.

Why old school games were fun cause they were so difficult and you couldn't just hop on google and find an answer in three seconds

3. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Some people just shouldn't be allowed to write reviews... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yea Idiocracy in full swing.. some people need some serious problem solving skills.

Hopefully the reviews will get more fair cause I saw about 5 in there that gave it 1-2 stars - reason being they couldn't get past 2nd level or understand controls?

I mean c'monnnnnn

Game is really well made!

5. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    So happy to see this on iOS. Almost bought on Steam multiple times.

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Lisa, thanks for putting up walkthroughs. Im going to need some!

7. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    #48 TheGreatEscaper, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Solved 27 levels so far. Still mostly preferring the single snake levels although I am aware that clever single snake puzzles are harder to design.
    Level 14 and 17 are some multi snake puzzles I like.

Very very well designed puzzle game.

Edit: solved my first cloud level! It was cloud level 5. Brilliant two snake puzzle.

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Way ahead of me. I have finished the first thirteen so far.

9. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Level 38 was a lovely 'aha!' moment. Perfectly designed level in terms of signposting you to the solution.

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can someone please explain to me why the levels are not unlocked consecutively? Is there supposed to be a pattern to the unlocking that I am not seeing? I presume that, the higher the level number is, the more difficult the puzzle will be, except for the cloud levels that are just more challenging.

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    They are always unlocked consecutively, in that if you complete all levels up to N then you will be able to play N+1. You can just skip ahead sometimes.

I quite like this. You can look at the later levels and decide if you feel like an extra challenge. It's a bit like having a puzzle book and being able to flick ahead to the harder ones if you want an extra challenge. Of course, this game is challenging enough that that's not really necessary!

12. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    They're also not sorted exactly in order of difficulty. If you look at the different 'worlds' on the level map, the first levels of each one are usually not that difficult to introduce you to the mechanic. The way the level map is designed is so that you usually approach each world from the easy side.
    I quite like the nonlinear approach. I've opened almost every level now, going around to whatever level seemed most accessible to me at the time.

13. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Maybe I'm dim, but I finished 7, then 10, and there is no 8 or 9.
    Is it just out of order when you unlock the rest, or are they hidden somehow?
    (This is not a complaint. It's just that the game got me stretching my brain, and now I'm wondering if finding these levels is a puzzle in itself. I'm questioning all of my logic!)

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, Mr. Bez and TheGreatEscasper, for the explanation. I have just started playing the full game. Very surprised to see the difficulty curve ramping up so quickly.

Incidentally, I found a hilariously funny video of TotalBiscuit trying to tackle this game on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RgiXklIELk

It is an interesting experience watching a pro gamer and noted gaming critic being entirely flummoxed by the game. Perhaps comforting to know that we are "all" in the same boat. :)

15. Are....are you human? #

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Saw the video very funny, this game is so much fun in so many ways, it's the best puzzler in ages, I am also a fan of how it all looks, great stuff.

17. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Pretty sure... I mean I just counted, I have five frontal lobes and six hypothalami.

XD
    In all seriousness though, I'm just a guy who likes puzzles and has too much spare time...
    If anyone is interested, I've solved 33 levels, have 14 open, and (presumably) 5 levels locked, with a possible extra final level, which makes a total of 52 or 53 levels!

18. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    It sounds like you haven't purchased the full version. Go to the settings and you should be able to purchase the full game which might reveal some levels not included in the lite.

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #60 ROGER-NL, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Level 14 is killing me, I need the blue snakebird on the red on the last pillar but don't know how, or you should get the blue under the red on the middle pillar but can't get that either so how hard can this be ha ha.

Just got level 14, what a sneaky solution, this has to be the sneakiest level I have ever seen, I discovered it by accident but it feels great to finnaly solve it.