iPad Snail Mail or Vektrax?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gekkota, Nov 28, 2008.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I only want to buy one of them, so which do you all think is the better game? I like the graohics on both of the video reviews I have seen, but which is more fun and interesting to play?

2. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Vektrax is alot of fun, but have a feeling Snail Mail will be better...Just got it, so i'll let you know in a bit.

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Snail Mail!! I have vextrak and I barely ever play it, it's nothing compared to Snail Mail. :)

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Snail mail

WOW! VEktrax is the bigges crap I have ever downloaded for 99 cents. I had no fun out of this game at all, you basically press the touchscrren and tilt, thats it.
    Snail mail looks prettygood and has at least some gameplay value.

P.S: GET SNAIL MAIL!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!

5. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Snail Mail is really cool. Some great graphics and nice gameplay/controls. It reminds me a bit of Sonic games in many ways.

Vektrax is quite cool, not as graphically impressive as Snail mail, but still cool. Decent controls (although boost is annoying).

Overall, i'd recommend Snail Mail, its the better game! :cool:

6. Danillson

Danillson Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Yeah,
    Snail Mail is very funny. Get it!

7. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    i been playing snail mail alot last few days

The game modes are

Tutorial
    Postal Adventure
    Time Trial
    challenge Mode

The snail talks alot, says things when you fall and start the game and as you play
    Always has something witty to say

Its really fast paced, you can play with the accelerometer or with your finger controlling

I feel using the finger is way more accurate

I feel like I am on a skateboard going downhill, or skiing
    you go up huge and small loops and half pikes and go off of alot of jumps

its non stop speeding and as you go you have to run over and pick up packages while shooting, jumping, avoiding things.

you shoot guns that you upgrade as you play
    you have to go off jumps and go thru glowing moving circles and you upgrade the weapon you shoot. I eventually got like a force shield around me glowing yellow.

but its really fast paced though, thats what I like about it. reminds me of rainbow road on mario kart trying not to fall off the edges

8. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    i would go with Snail mail if you are looking for a game that will ghold your attention for a long time. Vektrax is a fun game for 99 cents, but in the end, there is a reason it costs that amount. It will hold your attention for short intervals, but if you are looking for long term, Snail mail is the way to go. it's cute, well done, and a lot of fun.

9. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    i bought snail mail and it seems to be fun even if i only played for 15 mins yet......but vektrax is a good game in its own right.

very retro, entertaining and cheap......i never regretted the purchase and if you want to blast through some enemies in a 5 min break, its the perfect game.

10. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Snail Mail is THE game, a must have IMO.

11. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    How dare you, Vektrax is very good if you get into it. It lacks in content and audio but it's still good and especially considering some other 99 cent purchases.

At it's current price I recommend Snail MAil though because of its content and overall build I guess :p