Snail Games - iOS game due this winter - beta testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Snail Games, Oct 23, 2014.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Any updates? Will the game be coming in Jan or what? Compatiable for iPhone 6 plus?

2. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Ok big fun awesome update time Panda party people! (kenken don't be so anxious, it's bad for your health) We've got some great news for everyone.

The game will be coming out for iOS in January!

The exact details are yet to be confirmed, as we are waiting on certain confirmations from magical mystical fairies who make decisions on what goes on the App Store, but the game will be out in January!

We've also got a new trailer for the announcement! Those of you who did the Beta will recognize the moves, but for any newcomers, check out the fighting styles and skills of our current (woah, hint?) 3 playable characters.

Also, on a somewhat related noted, Snail Games is currently at CES and wouldnt' you know it, Taichi Panda is making an appearance! During the show we're showing off some fun new gaming hardware we're bringing to market, and Taichi Panda is one of our demos, including a version in 4k 3D on a TV for our new Android-based console. Keep an eye out for that!

We have full news on the announcement here: Awesome Panda Awesomeness

ps: we'll be having some events including Early Bird registration rewards on our website and official forum, so don't miss out!

3. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Binlabu glad to hear you're enjoying our games so much!

The English version of Taichi Panda is almost the exact same as the Chinese version, with a few small changes. A few pet names and appearances are altered to fit their localized names and skills. Also a few functions are added that weren't in the Chinese version, like the ability to post your scores/progress to social media!

English version will be out for iOS soon as I said, we look forward to having you in the game!

Also, for 大三国志, we don't have a release schedule set, but it will in all likelihood be similar to many of our games: beta launched in China, then fixed up a bit, localized and some of the finer points altered to better fit our Western audiences, and released sometime (I won't give numbers because we dont' know, but let's just say half a year) later in English.

Thanks for the support, looking forward to seeing you all in the Taichi Arena!

4. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey guys, we want to take a moment to SHAMELESSLY SELF PROMOTE! (woo hoo).

So we've been nominated by MMOsite for a little award - the Reader's Choice Most Anticipated Mobile. People can and vote now, and wouldn't you know it Taichi Panda is in second place!

We know you guys are all really excited for the game, and it's sooooo close to launch we can smell it, so if you really are pumped for the game visit the site and vote for Taichi Panda.

Link: Vote Now, For Panda's Sake!

More news on the impending release soon!

5. magicfreak

magicfreak Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Research /GamingSoon @AppAdvice.com
    AppAdvice just covered Taichi Panda. Click Notify Me and be the first to know when the game is released. Check it Out

6. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Hope to play this soon. Is this game soft launched anywhere?

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #67 LordShad0wz, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    I can't wait to throw you devs some cash for this game. I'm loving everything I see. The only exception is that you said it's releasing in China first? I live in the west. Come on you can't make us wait like that! Half a year? Really?

Billy

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It was already released in China. It's just being localized for the west.

9. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Coming out this week or next??

10. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey guys, so I’ve got some news for you all that is downright awesome.

Are you ready?

Wait for it…

Taichi Panda is ready to release in select regions!

[​IMG]

The game is now available for iOS in Canada, New Zealand and Australia! This is the first step towards are full global release, so those of you who aren’t in that region don’t fret, your time will come too!

For our lucky Kiwi, Aussie and Canuck fans, you can now download and play the game from your respective App Stores! At this time, Taichi Panda is a paid app, and prices will vary by region. Valid purchase of the game will get you the full game, plus a special cache of 400 Diamonds and an Orange Treasure Chest (ps – as far as in game currency goes, that’s worth quite a bit more than the app cost!)

Check out the full story with details HERE

We’ll keep you updated with more on the global release of Taichi Panda, and keep posting here with questions and thoughts on the game!

11. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Omg, this is so exciting for others and not for gamers outside of the regions.

I have NZ and Canada accounts but only if this is a free game so I can download.

Will it be possible to make it free for 1 day as a game launch event?

Also, will the global launch be few mths later? Hope not. And when its global launch, hope there are new servers as New players are not interested in playing others who have capped their levels already.

12. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Yeah like kenken said, when you release it global/eu, will it be on the same servers as AU/canada ? that's a really big deal for a lot of people, as a lot of players like myself finds it to be a huge turn off to jump in to a game where people are already maxed or almost maxed

13. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    What? I beta tested this game, and this is a super freemium dungeon crawler. Why would you make this a paid app, if people are going to need to spend money frequently to keep up with others?

14. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Hope they change this back to a free game. I also felt that by change it a free game, more people will get to try the game and buy their iap Ingame.

15. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Update for you guys!

Couldn't be happier to say this - Taichi Panda is now FREE!

[​IMG]

Taichi Panda is still soft launching in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and we are still waiting on some things to determine the full global release. However, as of today, the game is now free to download in those regions!

Those who downloaded the paid version got a special bonus of in-game Diamonds, worth approximately 10 USD in value. The free download will allow full access to the game, just without that special bonus of goods.

In addition, we've opened up a new server, so players can either take on the challenge of experienced players in the original server, or start fresh in the new one.

Here's the full announcement with links to our special events, check it out!

Taichi Panda Free Download Launches

16. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Just please add a new server when global is released, i plan on spending $ so i wont download the current one as my credit card wont work there, waiting for global. But it's really annoying if the server wont be a fresh start, if i wanted to play competetively and spend $

17. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Will support the Russian language?

18. David_Don_13

David_Don_13 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Ireland
    Wow

Looks absolutely gorgeous! I'd be happy to help test

19. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
  20. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    If you want, you can make a NZ account and play it.