Snail Games - iOS game due this winter - beta testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Snail Games, Oct 23, 2014.

1. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Aww I really wanted to beta test :/ oh well looking forward to the December release.

2. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey guys, we've got some more news for everyone.

Sorry to be such a tease, but we've just launched our website as we get ready for the launch coming this December - the specifics are still stamped with "Top Secret" in a locked cabinet guarded by ninja pandas.

[​IMG]

Check out our new website where we'll be posting more news about the game, and of course we'll be back here to answer questions.

http://panda.snail.com/en/

3. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Gd job on the website. Just to inform you that the wording colour is too dark for us to read when we click on the article. The wording in the article blend into the background.

4. BigMuddyGames

BigMuddyGames Active Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Canada
    I always wanted a hat like that.

5. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Sadly the playable Pan Da character doesn't actually wear a hat like that, but there are a lot of pandas in this game, some of whom rock that classic rice farmer hat. Any interest in giving the game a try, BigMuddy?

6. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I would like to test the game, how to register?

7. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    BIG UPDATE!!! (you know I'm serious, just look at the exclamation marks)

Hey guys, ok change from what we said before, which means I’ve got some awesome news! We’ve got a Beta test coming really soon!

The application to be one of our Beta testers is now open. I’ll post the link below. We don’t have the exact dates of the Beta test sorted yet, but essentially the application window will be open for a limited time (exact deadline is TBD) and so if you’re interested follow the link below to apply.

[​IMG]

The game will be distributed through Test Flight, so after you apply you’ll receive an email from Test Flight with instructions to download the game.

Also, to login you’ll need a Snail Games account. You’ll be asked to sign-in or register during the application. It’s free to register.

Also, those who do participate in the Beta test will get special rewards once the game hits global launch for iOS.

If you have any questions, we’ll check the comments here or you can shoot us a direct message. Thanks guys!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN BETA

8. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Ignore the first registration, I have accidentally use capitalize n in [email protected]

9. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Btw, another important note:

We're giving priority to people who have learned about the game here on Touch Arcade.

Send the email you used to register to us in a PM to ensure your spot, but be quick because time and spots are limited!

10. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
    So happy you guys changed your minds! I love beta testing! I was actually able to buy my iPhone 6 plus purely off the money I've made beta testing for various projects (I know this one isn't paid). So I have a real passion for it!

I've been tracking this game since the droidgamers wrote an article about it over the summer so I'm really excited.

11. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Great game with sick combos, however the Internet connection requirement suck.
    I wish I could play it offline.
    Because when I go camping, and have some times to kill I will not be able to play your game

12. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Waiting for the release everyday :)

13. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
    I was one of the first few people to sign up but never got an invite :/

14. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Sering, sorry! Like we said in a previous post, people could apply, but as we were expecting lots of people to do so, we would give priority to people who shot us a private message here on Touch Arcade, with the email you used to register, and we'd make sure you made it in.

We'll keep updating the game and re-releasing the Test Flight until we finish the review to hit the full App Store. Hopefully we'll have big news about release soon.

In the mean time, send me your registration in a PM, and I'll make sure you get into the next round of invites!

15. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    More fun from the Beta test, we wanted to show a little of the real-time PvP.

The system we've devised is basically a queue-based match-making. Depending on who is queuing, you can get matched with other players of similar level to face off. Awards are sent out daily based on rank, and the ranks are based on how a point system of victories, which gets reset every month.

To help ensure people can find a match for PvP, we restrict the times from 2pm to midnight (server time, UTC-8), and there is also a double points period from 8pm - 9pm.

Here's a few shots of one of our system admins (regular character, we don't cheat!) taking on a tester.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a note: depending on you location, there may be some lagginess for this, as the test server is based on the West Coast of the USA. We're hoping to open up more servers for the global release.

Thanks guys, love to get feedback, let us know what you think, and if you're not in the test yet, send us a PM and we'll get you into the next round of invites!

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Beta test game impressions

This game is really really addicting and fun. You can delete dungeon hunter 4 now if you have it. This game looks better and takes up way less space. The graphics are really vibrant and colorful and the gameplay is super fun. Hack and slashing your way through goblins and skeletons. At first I was wondering why the game in China or something was premium and when I saw it here it was free, I was skeptical. But after playing I can assure you everything is really fair. You get money super fast I have over 800000+ and gems are easy to acquire I don't know how but I got like 6000 gems. There are daily logins and chest you have to spend gems to open but it's really fair, you don't have to spend a single penny in this game. I'm only level 11 but the chest you can wait and get free or pay gems automatically to get stuff I got some really rare items. And there is so much content. There's like the normal quest the extra quest the fighting arena the pet system the smelting thing, the guild, so much stuff you will have so much fun I would pay 20$ for this. But it's free so I guess I'll pay nothing :D thanks snail game I been waiting for a fun rpg like this there haven't been many RPG anymore.

17. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey guys, we're really glad to get the positive feedback from people!

We have an important announcement. The Taichi Panda Beta test will official come to an end at midnight tonight, Dec 18, Pacific time (UTC-8). And...

[​IMG]

We're sooooo happy to have had all the support of you guys who participated with the test! The servers will go down, and the save data will be wiped.

The next phase of the game will be announced soon, as we're just about ready to start into a full Apple test. We'll keep everyone posted here about the latest details, and we invite everyone to check out our facebook and other community pages to get updates as well.

For those who contributed great suggestions and feedback, we've got some in-game rewards ready for you all with full release. You'll have to redownload the game at that time, but we hope everyone will join us as we get the full Taichi Panda up and running!

Thanks again everyone!

18. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Does this game still able to launch in 2014 before the Christmas apps freeze?

19. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    The full release is still pending a few things, but we don't expect to be up fully before Christmas. Again, sad panda.

However, we do expect to be out sometime in very early 2015, with both iOS and Android ready before spring has sprung!

More concrete details coming in two shakes of a panda's tail.

Thanks guys

20. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Update: Events

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know about some events we'll be holding on our official Facebook and Forum pages as we get ready for the full launch of Taichi Panda! (sorry, launch date is still TBA)

For those of you who participated in the Beta Test, we've got some discussion and feedback topics we'd like to get from people. Just check-in on the forum with your answers to be entered into drawings, the winners of which will get Diamonds in-game at full release.

Those of you who didn't make it into the test will also have a chance to win some stuff, both on our forum and Facebook.

Check out the events below:

Check-in to Win!

Best Review Contest!