Snail Games - iOS game due this winter - beta testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Snail Games, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    We aim to satisfy every sense, even taste.

Oh definitely, the trickier the better.

For Taichi Panda, we created a lot of powerful, knockdown, stunning, etc. attacks with big wind-ups, and sometimes they'll show the effect area when the boss is about to use a skill. Since your skills also have their own animation (and time), you can't just stand their like a derp throwing out attacks - timing matters, that's what we were going for.

Also, as a little hint on that note: the later levels and some of the "Elite" challenge levels will involve a wider variety of effects, so you've gotta be careful or else you'll get frozen/electrocuted/poisoned/etc. And for the Team Dungeons (online multiplayer) there are are other things like supportive NPCs you have to take out or else the boss is impossible

Also, not personally no, but I've heard a lot about Monster Hunter, and I'm fairly certain some of the guys on the team have

2. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    ^ sounds great!
    Monster hunter basically requires great strategy. Basically what I'm trying to say is don't make it a continuous hack'n'slash(/punch).
    I'd rather there be say, 5 enemies that are hard to kill (strategy wise, not health wise), than 500 enemies that only need one hit to kill.

3. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Couldn't agree with you more. We used that same idea to build the boss fights. Essentially, your basic attack (while not as strong) can wear down their defense, and eventually break it so they are defenseless. But obviously you have to dodge attacks, because besides dealing a lot of damage, if the boss lands a hit it will recover their defense meter.

That also comes in with PvP, because when you do the real-time PvP, your character has that defense break system too, so you have to balance your powerful attacks for damage with basic attacks to break their defense.

4. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Yeah that sounds like a good system :)

5. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey everyone,

Update on the game: we've launched our official forum. We'll still obviously be posting lots of updates in the run up here on Touch Arcade, but we also want to let everyone know they can check out our official forum as we gear up for the game. The Beta Test plans are still pending, so anyone interested can keep an eye here or register for our official forum to keep informed.

6. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
    When I go to register it sends me to a page in a different language

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'd be interested in the beta testing, I already have an account set up ;)

8. Rin1221

Rin1221 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Fort Collins
    looks good! Graphics look pretty complex for iOS :) ill give it a try when it is released. Is this for all iOS devices? iPad and iPhone?

9. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
    How did you make an account?

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I think he's talking about testpilot or whatever it's called.
    A lot of games host their betas through it.

11. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Hi sering 9'er, where are you going to register? If you register on our official website, it should all be in English, the link is here http://www.playsnail.com/reg.html

We'll keep you guys posted on the Beta, in the mean-time if you want you can register for a Snail account in the link above, and also if you're a really cool person you could like our Facebook page to help us build up that community. No pressure, but we'd be ever so grateful :)

12. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Previously I clicked the link to the forum that you provided earlier and then clicked the register button which sent me a site in Chinese.

The new link you provided doesn't work either. When I enter my email and password to sign up its says please try again.

13. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Actually I think when you went before to register, the forum might have been having some maintenance. So it should work now.

Try this link to register. If you keep having problems, feel free to send us a PM and we can help you out. Anyway, at the very least glad to hear people are excited about this!

TCP Forum Register

14. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Wow I love the female rouge with the wings. Remind me of wings from MU online haha. Please sell some launch package for me to buy on day 1. Instant download.

Just a question, is the items differentiate by tiers? Common, rare, epic , legendary? Does legendary item show some glows? Can all character equip wings?

Thx and please update us a release date soon :)

15. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    @kenken11 we'll keep all of you informed about the release schedule so you can get your hands on it!

The equipment all has a Quality number, the higher the better, and it's also color coded: Green is the most common, then blue, purple, orange, and then some really high orange gear will also have special effects like lightning and fire and such. Those higher ones have graphic effects like you said, and also real effects like dealing special elemental damage and such.

The wings are a piece of gear that each of the characters can get yeah. Like any gear it gives stats, in particular the wings generally offer some HP drain (regain health by landing basic attacks) which will come in handy in the tougher levels.

16. sering 9'er

sering 9'er Member

Oct 25, 2014
    I am extremely excited for this!! But Before I pm I just wanted to make sure is that newest link working for anyone else? Because this is what I get :

Attached Files:

17. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Yeah, it seems there may be a small technical issue for some browsers.

You see Taichi Panda is actually already out in China, under a translation of that name 太极熊猫, and it's a huge hit! #1 of the App Store for several weeks, currently still near the top.

At the moment it seems that for a few people, the website url will redirect you to our Chinese site. That problem should be fixed soon, so we just ask you be patient and try again later.

Thanks guys!

18. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Awesome. So when the game is out, it will be worldwide or restricted to some countries (soft launch)?

Can we choose male or female for each class? Or the gender is already prefixed?

19. Snail Games

Oct 23, 2014
    Big update guys:

First, we've got an idea on the release. We're looking now to not having a Beta test (not in the strictest sense of the word). We aren't putting specifics out just yet, but the game will be available on iOS in December!

We've also just put out a new gameplay trailer that shows off some of features we've been talking about:

Also, to answer a few questions, the release plan isn't set, but we're planning to start out in certain regions and then make the game available globally.

For the 3 characters, at the moment no gender choices, but for those of you dying to be a female Panda, we'll keep that in mind!

20. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    ^ wow.
    I love it!