iPad Smiles Drop New Years Sale!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PoV, Dec 30, 2008.

1. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    #1 PoV, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    For a very limited time (i.e. early morning Jan 2nd), Smiles Drop is on sale for $1.99 US (Reg $2.99).

NOTE: The sale has been extended to Sunday Jan 4th. I'll be taking it down that night, so act fast!

Smiles Drop is the action puzzler half of game Smiles. Also available, Smiles Zen.

[​IMG]

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_v6O5ot3bs&fmt=18

It might look like just another matching game, but it doesn't play like one.

Watch the video if you haven't. Be impressed (or mortified) by the voice over I did for it. ;)

And if you caught the Zen promo earlier today, save yourself a buck and complete your set. For everyone else, it's the same price as buying the full game Smiles, just a cheaper initial buy in to see if you like it. Limited time, of course.

You can learn more about Smiles, Smiles Drop, and Smiles Zen at the website.

http://www.smiles-game.com

2. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Why do you temp me so?

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    This game is so addictive! definitely give it a shot!

4. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    #4 PoV, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    Sales have seen a nice boost as of late, so I'll be leaving the sale up until Sunday. If you didn't grab it for $1.99 before, you still can. Sunday night I'm taking it down though, so act fast! :D

Here's a thread on what your fellow forum member have to say: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=3024

Good things unanimously across the board.

5. SudoWorks LLC

SudoWorks LLC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I bought the full Smiles for $4.99. Best App of it's kind hands down.

6. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Just a heads up, today is the last day of the sale. I'll be flipping the switch back up to $2.99 in about 15 hours. Grab it for $1 off while you still can. :)

7. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I'm waiting for the full Smiles going on sale, because I have to save icon-space on my springboard. ;)

8. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    That might be a while, since once Drop goes back to $2.99, full Smiles becomes the deal ($4.99 instead of 2x $2.99). ;)

9. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Just a few hours left before I hit the switch, and it's back up to $2.99. ;)

10. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    And now it's done. iTunes updates seem to take a couple hours to kick in, so it might still show up as $1.99 for a short while longer. But, it's on it's way back to $2.99.

Also, some Smiles wallpapers for your iPhone. Click for full size.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy!

11. lnvincibl

lnvincibl New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    aww man that sucks. i literally was on the app store just looking to download this for the lowered price to try it out. oh well.. guess i missed out. maybe next time..

12. Babalu

Babalu Member

Jan 2, 2009
    dang missed out too. Looks fun but not worth 5 bucks. Will wait for the next pricedrop looks like.

13. Duke

Duke Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Damn, missed this sale too.

14. Nice wallpapers - did you draw those yourself?

15. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    #15 PoV, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
    Yes, that's my art right from the game. You never see the sketches in the game, but I've had them this whole time. I've always had a thing for the sketch+color look, so wallpapers seemed a good excuse to try this out. :)

It always seems neat to me, because you can get an idea what the artist was thinking. Stray lines, an oops they left in the doodle (as a note), guidelines, etc. :)