Universal Smashing The Battle (by Magic Cube)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lucia han, Oct 5, 2016.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I agree that the buttons take up way too much space.

2. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    It's a fact that the buttons take up most of the screen The characters that sometimes pop up to give you instructions are covered by the joystick when they do pop up and and so is most of the gameplay visuals on screen by the rest of the buttons Not so much that it will be an absolutely unplayable but enough that it can be a hindrance. So yes I still believe you must be joking or you are able to adjust the buttons size, placement and opacity someway, somehow that I can't. In that sense I apologize You are not laughing with us but are laughing at the rest of us on an inside joke which I think is completely rude

3. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    #23 jn2002dk, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Well, i certainly can't speak for you, but on my screen i estimate they take up less than 25% of the screen estate. Now i don't know how you define most but it seems to me you're either being hyperbolic or you don't quite understand the word

Are they larger than average for genre? Maybe, i haven't done comparisons. Can they be a hindrance? Certainly to you. Does this mean they're a hindrance to everyone? No

It's almost like people can have different opinions

4. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm not bothered at all about the buttons. The game is fun for now but it will probably get old quick unless some new attacks get unlocked

5. lucia han

lucia han Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Artist (Army Wars Defense, Infect Them All, The lo
    We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are looking for a solution, the game will be updated as soon as the issue is solved. Thank you so much for your feedbacks and comments! They are very helpful!

6. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    #26 yankeeblue000, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Lol..You must be joking. You have to be and your estimations are off. Measure you screen if you must if your going to start spewing nonsense and miscalculations Do you really believe that the buttons combined only take up 25% of screen area?? Lol It's probably closer to 35% maybe even 40% I have an IPad Air 2 as I said before We have the same screen size If your ok with that, have at it. I really don't care. I'm not ok with it and neither are other people and I'm going to voice my opinion about it I'm glad you can see thru the buttons and fingertips but I can't. Enjoy

If you read what I said on the initial thread I was making a comment and complaint of my experience with the game not what you or everyone else's preferences were of the game I made an observation that people with smaller screens may have a problem playing the game Which is most likely true People like you it seems tend to except anything & everything but I choose to try to change circumstances so different options can become available

7. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    #27 yankeeblue000, Oct 6, 2016
    Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it and thank you for working on a solution. You response shows great commitment and courtesy to your fans and to the people who buy your games I really respect that and I thank you again for your response It also shows commitment to your game and the continual support it seems you will have for this game

As I said before I like the game It's a premium title with beautiful visuals and fun gameplay There's also a lot of content I have also watched videos of the PC version It's a great game I just really want to enjoy it to the fullest and get everything I can from it without anything taking away from the experience.

I wish much success on this game but I personally cannot truely enjoy the game completely with the button configuration set up that way on the screen Thank you

8. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    playing in iphone 6 plus this game is awesome. the controls are really good yeah maybe a little to big they could be smaller but it still looks and plays well for me. it's a girly version implosion :3 oh i would love if icloud was here

9. bluechipps

bluechipps Member

May 8, 2012
    Doesn't support screen rotation :( mostly deaf in my right ear so I end up have to turn up the volume a bunch for games that don't allow you to flip it over. Not a huge deal, just would be appreciated if implemented!

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay got a copy and WOW. Blows Magic Cube's other releases out of the water. It has a lot of polish and the graphics are gorgeous. Controls are pretty smooth and the gameplay is easy to figure out. The HUD didn't bother me at all. They could be smaller or transparent but if no one mentioned the issue about them I would've never brought it up. There's a decent story in it even though it's nothing special but it keeps the game flowing instead of being a basic dungeon crawl. There's a story mode and survival so it has pretty much everything you need for a single player game.

Lots of stuff to unlock and power up, plus you get a new character when you beat the game. My only gripe is that there doesn't seem to be stuff to actually unlock in terms of gameplay. Looks like you just make everything stronger and all your abilities are unlocked. I wish there was some skill tree and unlocking new abilities to mix up the game. I also wish there were different outfit designs to unlock or accessories (like removing your glasses since I noticed all the characters wear glasses).

Volume does seem lower compared to my other games. I actually had to turn the volume up pretty high when I don't even touch the volume for my other games.

99 cents is practically for a steal of this kind of quality. I'd recommend it. I hope they get these devs to update to add more and make some other games with them!

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Grabbed a copy and it runs buttery smooth on my ipad pro. Game is fast paced and fun. Has an implosion feel, so if you liked that, you should like this game. My gripe is the same as previous posts above, the action buttons are HUUUGE. I guess it works fine if you're on a iphone plus and have big fingers but on the ipad, you really gotta stretch your thumbs inwards plus they block a lot of the screen. Would be nice if you can set opacity, location, and size of buttons. At the very very least location.

12. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Please please please sort MFI controller support, make sure the on-screen buttons are invisible if connected to a controller, then this is a 5 star game!!

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Actually I do have a request for the dev. Can you increase the base volume sound by.. a lot?

This has nothing to do with the awesome gameplay but I started to do sound comparisons and this game's sound is ridiculously low compared to the average app. I think there's no harm in increasing it since people can lower the volume and mute it. And if you really don't want to change the volume for some reason, you can just add volume sliders in the setting. As it is now the base volume just seems like half or less of another app's.

14. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    You sure do reply a lot for someone who doesn't care:cool:

15. thinkong

thinkong Member

Sep 17, 2009
    this game looks as good as the one on steam!!

great game!

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    #36 Quazonk, Oct 6, 2016
    Great game, awful name. "Smashing the Battle" just doesn't make sense to me. It's akin to if there was a driving game called "Speeding the Race".

Name weirdness aside, the game is a lot of fun and runs like a dream on my iPad pro. On a screen that big the action buttons are really huge, so I'm curious to see how big they are on a phone.

17. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    #37 eufeion, Oct 6, 2016
    Can you please add screen rotation on the iPad mini

Because game is locked your hand sits over the headphone port on an iPad mini 2 and it's very uncomfortable when using headphones

Also the on screen buttons & directional pad are way too large on the screen

[​IMG]

Please can these be addressed

18. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Why are the girls always...bouncing...lol? And why does the main character look like she's really about to pee her pants all the time?

Really cool game, an absolute steal for $0.99. Controls and looks great on iPhone 6s.

19. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    I think it's more like how you hop around in a fight, keep your adrenaline going, but to an exaggerated level. Character would seem lifeless if they just stood there.

20. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Looks like update out for rotation. No mention of button size and placement.