iPad Smash it Up! - release due in hours...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Paul@Tag, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Thought you'd like to know that because of player feedback we have decided to rebrand All Stars Quarterback and relaunch the game. The new name is Smash it Up! which we all think better reflects the content of the game.

We'll be pulling All Stars Quarterback from the App Store in the next few hours so if you want to get your hands on a limited edition app you best get it now! It's still only $0.99 / 59p. Bargain ;-)

In other news good to see Apple have passed Payback for release - hopefully thats a solid precident for getting Car Jack Streets through without too many issues... the game is coming together very well but its still a while off, there are just so many cool things we want to add for iPhone! All the latest will be posted to our twitter and the Car Jack Facebook page.

Have a good day!
    Paul

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    hey man u did not answer my question in twitter. does this new rebranding add any stuff to the game or is it just a renaming? thanks

3. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Give me time man, give me time!

This first 'update' is pretty straightforward so all we've done is replace the football with a brick and changed the name of the game as folks were complaining it didn't have much to do with American Football which in hindsight was a fair point. The whole game does seem to make more sense now and is much more consistent with the name etc.

The plan is that we will extend the game with more game modes, objects and environments if thats what players want and the game does well.... so make sure you feedback your thoughts here or on Twitter. Right now though its full steam ahead on Car Jack Streets so most of our focus is on that for the next month or so.

Cheers
    P

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I like Quarterback "AS IS". Oh well things change. Thanks for the limited edition. Apple doesn't take the game off my synch page when discontinued does it?

5. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    #5 pablo19, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    Deleted

6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    lol ok.

7. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    The game will only be removed from sale. If you have it already it won't get deleted from your iPhone!

In view of the fact we might do some updates for Smash it Up! send me PM and I'll send you a Promo code so you don't miss out on future improvements.

Cheers
    P

8. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    @Pablo19 - Maybe you could explain why doing this is a big issue?

9. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    im now believing ppl calling u dumb. just pm him and get a code. move on

10. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I just did. He was asking if you could redownload it later, I think. It is a bad idea, but it does make some sense, business-wise.

11. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    who called me dumb? I didn't purchase the game and didn't know about the pm thing. I'll edit the other post, but don't try to offend me.

12. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Seems to be a case of screwed if you listen to what people want, screwed if you don't!

Can't have it both ways ;-)

13. brewstermax

Danny, pablo. Really? Is it necessary to argue like this. Pablo didn't know about it. He thinks that it is bad practice to do this. Danny, there is no need to call Pablo dumb. He didn't know. Let's not argue, and settle this peacefully. Thanks :D

14. brewstermax

Just do as you see fit. If All Stars Quarterback has all of the features, and is bug-free, you can do as you want, without affecting the buyers. If not, they will be furious.

15. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    umm, could just change the name of the game and have a football or brick to choose from and NOT try to rip people off.

16. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    I'll personally contact all 23 of them and make sure they are happy bunnies!!!

Cheers

17. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    also nobody calls pablo dumb. If they did they were probably just talking about you.

18. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    lol well then i guess thats ok. Sucks

19. brewstermax

You only had 23 people buy this app? You might want to extend the time to get more people buying it.

20. brewstermax

Haha.