Universal Smash Club (by Four Fats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Kwokx, I was also wondering if you were planning on making us associate accounts with your new games (TS2 and Smash Club). I found it really useful in SuperBoys because I could log in/log off to accounts using simply a username and password, I found it a lot easier than having the account 'associated with one device', which is vulnerable to a lot of things (ex: didn't back up and lost device).

I don't remember if I had to create an account for Smash Club but I don't remember having to do so for Toon Shooters 2. With SuperBoys I had created myself a second account to practice some characters specifically, also characters that weren't maxed out like my first/main account, to practice my combat skills.

The issue here is that I am afraid of losing my progress and there is no way I could 'start anew' without losing all the progress I had done previously.

Side note: 'Who's next' seems to be broken on SuperBoys, it says 'connection fail' despite the internet working fine. Is it your servers?

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #82 Intendro, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    You're suggesting "making us"? :eek:
    Not the right choice of words.

Do not make us do that. I don't like being forced to create yet another account for something that doesn't actually need one.
    (It could be optional...)

Your iTunes/iCloud backups are for keeping your progress backed up.
    (Don't need more accounts to remember.)

A game can have more than one save file for starting over without losing your data... but that isn't always the case... :(

3. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    You do have fair points. The issue is that I remember one game I loved a while back and when I changed phones, although I had done an iTunes back-up, all the data for that specific app was lost (hundreds of hours of game). So since then I am paranoid about the uncertain 'iTunes backup' which I don't think backs up app data but rather the iPhone data (i.e it knows there was an app but does not back-up the data on that app).

4. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #84 S-Mario, Mar 10, 2017
    1.02 update

Just released the 1.02 update with quite a few bug fixes and game improvements. Keen to get feedback on those once you get it (think it takes an hour at least to show up?)

Some of the changes:
    Damage & healing indicators like our other games, this makes the game a lot clearer about your progression and upgrades on weapons.
    Button layout & resizing (size 1 is small, size 2 is normal)
    Diamond layout (current), square layout, classic layout
    Invisible draft... not invisible
    Old Ben draftable
    Achievements fixed so they dont show up at wrong time
    Multiplayer stage indicator to keep track
    Crate spawn up slightly
    Fall damage lowered slightly

There's no character level cap at the moment, I think it should be set to at least 20 because it will make it more flexible to play challenge/hard mode with (not available yet).

5. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I sent you a private message within this website, did it not reach you?

6. ShadowKid

ShadowKid New Member

Mar 8, 2017
    #86 ShadowKid, Mar 10, 2017
    I did get everyone except old ben in the random draft... I already get my old ben by kwokx, Thank =D

7. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    i publish the game video on my youtube channel yesterday and, well
    pixel graphics is minus as well too mouch In-App purchases in the game but it has some good combo skills and added with a nice sountracks in the game makes it a good free game no matter that it had some limits.
    3 star game

8. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    I appreciate your time making the video, hopefully you'll check out our future games too :D

Actually, on the subject of Youtube videos I've had a few people (Youtubers) e-mailing us if they can monetize our games and the answer is always yes (I think most developers are like this? maybe not nintendo :p). It's nice that Youtube creators can earn something from the time they put in.

9. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    Apparently it did not reach me, I have 0 new private messages... Maybe there was a mistake? Could you try again?

10. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    OK I just sent another private message, let me know if that works. Thanks!

11. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    It worked, thank you !

I got the update and the changes you made are awesome :D
    The dog has the red HP bar, the damage appears in numbers (love it this way!), and your team's AI continues to fight even when you die.

I know this is a lot to ask for, but an ideal improvement would be to have something to hit in the training mode. Practicing skills feels good but it would be even better on a target. I would suggest an immobile target. The punching bag would actually make a great target if you placed it maybe a little more towards the center. Giving it like 10000 HP would also be good so we could see which combos do the most damage etc... :D

Old ben is so cool, especially the force pull :p

12. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Curious to know which of the 3 controls do you prefer now?

13. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #93 Intendro, Mar 10, 2017
    It does back up app data. (I used the iTunes backup to transfer to my new phone.)

Although one time, one game somehow wasn't backed up for me... They didn't allow it to be part of the backup?
    That just shouldn't happen. #

14. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    The 'classic' one :) Got too used to it with Maximus, Blackmoor and SuperBoys ;)

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #95 VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    The blocky graphics kept me out of this one, but the members and TA staff on Discord convinced me to try it. Oh my how wrong I was: there's levels resembling Final Fight, Dragon Ninja... And it's just the tip of the iceberg. Amazing beat em up, at the level of great classics.

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I tell you: Banner for unlocking all characters shows up literally too much.

Is ruining the game.

Please delete that forced banner. Seriously.

17. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    I find it slightly annoying too, i think the guys added it as a test to improve sales performance but the results should be clear now, I will bring it up and discuss removing.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So today I was searching through my over 1000 games to play and realized I had purchased the premium on this game and forgot about it hehe.

I played and played. I love it. I've unlocked a ton of characters. I'm going to leave a nice review on the AppStore.

There's just one thing that's bugging the living daylights out of me. There's this full screen ad to unlock all characters for an insane price of $17.99. It's nonstop. Why? I paid for the premium upgrade already. It's just non stop. Please fix this craziness!!!!

Billy