Universal Smash Club (by Four Fats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    I have another question (sorry for bombarding you with this) - do you have plans to include the feature of SuperBoys where you could swap the character you control whilst fighting? I know it could be abused (super move could be reset very quickly using a good stats set-up) but it was a great feature.

2. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This game is hard as f...

3. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    #63 FiloMJ, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Smash Club: Streets of Shmeenis (by Mooff Games)

Premium upgraded. ;)

4. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    #64 [email protected], Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Ah sorry to confuse! I forgot to mention that you cant setup a team until after stage 5, we did this so that new players don't get overwhelmed by the UI and team system.

We could consider that in another update, but we already released a patch with all the fixes and a bunch of game balancing tweaks today.

Thanks for helping us out, we've managed to come back from our worst year and now looking in good shape to make something bigger.

5. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    #65 Tempestyze, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Found a couple of bugs and other balancing issues, sorry it's too late because you released the new update but it could be useful for the next one?

1) I feel like damage received from falling off the stage is too high. Right now it chunks about 30% of your total health. Good thing is that it applies to enemies too, but it feels a bit too much. Maybe tweak it down a little? Still needs to be significant but right now it's too significant. The fact that some moves make you take lots of damage PLUS throw you off stage by the knock-back means you can get chunked down so much in very little time, and you can't counter a large part of the damage (well apart from not getting hit in the first place)!

2) I feel like more "?" crates need to spawn. Right now there aren't that many and the problem is that the average player, and the new player too will prefer to use his coins on the draft system rather than upgrading the weapons (maybe this is just me, your data probably tells you more accurately than I ever could). I would suggest having a slightly increased rate of those. It still needs to feel uncommon, but not too rare.

3) When the character that you control dies, you have lost. My suggestion is that you could at least let the AI controlled characters (if any left alive) try to finish off the stage, with the option to 'abandon and start again' straight away. That boss on 1 hp who lives is frustrating.
    Beware though because if you put this feature the game might become too easy (it already is at some levels because of the free revive by watching a video - sometimes I actually skip this as I think it is kind of cheating :p )

4) When you quit training, the game goes back to the home screen. I feel like it would be better if it just went back to the character select for training as I often want to train several characters in one training session. Once again this is purely my perspective and other players might not welcome it.

5) When getting a new character from the draft, I really miss the character's name announcement as was in SuperBoys. I felt like it brought a new dimension to it. And you actually had a very small glimpse of the character just by the voice he had, it felt exciting to try that new one. There are already character sound files in character select so you wouldn't have to create them from scratch either. It would also help the new players associate names with characters (that's how I learned a lot of character names in SuperBoys), and would make it less confusing to find the character they just received if they want to test it out in training.

6) Achievement is bugged: Beat Stage 21 (Envoy of Death). Firstly, Envoy of Death is on stage 22, and secondly, I received the achievement when I beat Sphinx (the actual stage 21) - so before actually unlocking Envoy of Death. I do have the most recent bug fix update installed too, so that is another bug that needs to be corrected.

7) I feel as though 'firing from a distance mechanism' is too strong (note: talking about character abilities, NOT the crate item). I play Agent Dick a lot and his X move is super powerful, you can spam Y to reposition yourself easily and shoot your gun with X. You could easily do nothing else during the fight than spamming those two abilities and I think it needs a little tuning (increase cool down or reduce damage?). I haven't extensively played other ranged characters but it might apply to Toby too, who has a bow (and Bishop).

8) The dog (found in the crate) has a white health bar like the enemies do. It makes it a little confusing. But this is quite minor and doesn't affect the game really.

On a more joyful note: The moving platform stage against Eagle is really great. I love the mechanic where the stage moves and the 'traditional' law of physics are broken. I feel like you excelled in this as well in Toon Shooters 2 in the final boss of the Factory stage where the entire map is spinning. :) Would love to see more of those :)

6. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    Just beat Shmeenis and
    heard the song dedicated to the dog at the end haha ;)

Really I great game, I loved it so much :D
    Are you planning on adding a potential PvP game mode? Was thinking of a 'Who's Next' type of mode similar to SuperBoys, that keeps the players interested in playing by giving them something to play for. :D

7. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    #67 [email protected], Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    wow congratulations! what do you feel about the difficulty? were any of the last 5 stages too easy? we have been pleasantly surprised by the positive response of the game and we will soon need to extend the game as more players are beating the final stage. Im not sure if we will implement the PVP system used in SuperBoys as that turned out to be quite server heavy and a large, complicated system, an easier way to extend gameplay would be by adding more stages and a hard mode, or a ranking system similar to Toon Shooters 2. What do you think of those approaches?

We will also take on board your list of points raised, but for the next update:
    1) penalty from falling off changed from 25 to 20 (is that still too much?)
    2) crates now spawn earlier, and more frequent (Simon thinks they were right before, but we will try your suggestion)
    3) ok Ive changed the rule so that you lose only after your last gang member dies. This rule doesn't apply to the first 5 stages, bcos AI might get stuck on the complicated stage layouts there so im
    4) exiting training now goes to the character select screen.
    5) name of your new drafted character gets announced now.
    6) thanks for reporting that, we've fixed it.
    7) ok I've nerfed Shmeenis and Dicks shot damage and slowed down his evade move (he was called Mr Smith but we forgot the ask the Elliott Ghindi to make the sound for his name, so we swapped him for dick, who was the 1 hit enemy in the 4th stage)
    8) dogs bar now follows the players color.

8. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    I think that the Rumble stage (the one with Envoy of Death as the main enemy - 3 stages before Shmeenis) was quite tricky, and I liked the difficulty, I think it corresponds to the expected difficulty at this point of the game. On the other hand the one-on-one stages I found to be almost too easy, especially Raven, I was a bit disappointed at how easy he was. That being said when I tried him again with different characters I did find him harder, so maybe it was because I was using a high level character (I beat him with lvl 10 Agent Dick). Free-for-alls tend to be easier than the rest because you can win merely by 'surviving' and you don't have to fight, just let the enemies kill each other. The Old Ben stage is too easy.
    Now onto Shmeenis - I found him really hard, and I loved it. I mean he's the friggin' final boss. You do get decently chunked by the mini fights that come before you actually meet him, and I had to use a revive to win (and I barely won, I had very low HP). I beat him with a lvl 11 Agent Dick and as the AI: lvl 6 Bishop, Toby and Pauline. My Gang was lvl 12 at the time. I also took a good 3-4 tries before I did win. So I would say he is in a good position right now.
    I think having more stages and a hard mode would be awesome, and a ranking system would also be a good addition to the game.

1) I think 20% is fine, it's enough of a tweak in my opinion. I did realise that stages that you can fall off from aren't everywhere so I was a bit harsh when I said that.

2) I do think that having more frequent crates is better - and well if that's too much then it can be reverted. Sometimes you get the items but you're not careful while you pick them up and you get chained combo'ed and lose it which is a bit frustrating.

3) Speaking of AI getting stuck, it is possible to trap Raven behind the box so he cannot move. He will keep firing his Shadow Fire and do nothing else. Here's a screenshot [​IMG]

Okay there's also another minor thing to fix - the blue enemy health bar that appears on one map of the Shmeenis boss stage says 'Supreme Leader Shmeenis', but the map contains his thugs and not him. I think it's misleading because this room does not contain the final boss yet, who is in the next room haha. :p The next room also has the same and correct blue bar. [​IMG]

7) Yes I did recognize Agent Smith from the Matrix haha :D That character is so cool by the way ;) But he was OP so I'm glad you nerfed him :p

Thanks for taking my feedback into account :) Really love this game, just put a 5 star rating on the UK AppStore and got premium too :)

9. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Do the characters upgrade with cash or no? I don't see a place to upgrade the characters, I just want to make sure before I start spending my 10,000 premium gold.

10. ShadowKid

ShadowKid New Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Bug on the character unlock

I nearly unlock all the champ but as I going to unlock my only last champ, which is old Ben, it keep giving Simon, I try it 2 times unlock, but it keep give me Simon!!! If I can unlock, maybe I rate 5 star, if not I jus rate as 2 star:mad:

11. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Im sorry that was a bug, we fixed it in the update which will be out in a few days.

I'll will send you a code to get Old Ben back.

12. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    #72 Tempestyze, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Same happened to me too, just unlocked everything except Old Ben. When doing draft I got Simon again, which is the first character I unlocked. ShadowKid, did you also get Envoy of Death just before you wanted to get Old Ben? I don't know but I think that the'unlock' order isn't random, and there is an order of unlock - so it's actually spinning but there is a predetermined outcome? Because when I had almost all the characters (like 5-6 left) and I was doing random draft the thing wasn't even spinning, it just revealed which character I would get almost instantly.

Could I get Old Ben too then? :)

Edit: Is Gang lvl 17 the highest gang level? Can't seem to go above that. What is the highest character level?

13. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    #73 [email protected], Mar 9, 2017
    Ah yes of course I'll send you a code

yes max gang level is 17, and as for max character level, this is so embarrassing...... it wasn't set!!! thanks for asking and I will set it at level 10 what do you think? because we shouldn't let characters become OP right?

14. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I see you answering questions Kwokx. Care to answer this one?

15. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Sorry sobriquet I thought I answered that before but I must have made a mistake. You can use gold to draft characters, upgrade weapons and buy outfits - when you use an outfit, your whole team wears it so that you can recognise them easier during a chaotic battle.

16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Awesome! Thanks for clarifying. Now i now how to spend my monies #

17. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    Great, thank you ! Ahaha my Mr.Dick/Agent Smith is lvl 18 now, I want to see how far he can go :) I think there should be a limit but maybe higher than 10? It should be quite challenging to reach the max level, but shouldn't be a hardcore grind either. I think it shouldn't be reachable by doing all the stages of the entire story mode with one character, i.e there should be more than that required to reach it. In SuperBoys the max level for 4* star characters was lvl 70 - and it was a hard grind, but I loved it. I love grinding. A lot of people don't, though. Yes the characters shouldn't be too OP, but if you are going to release a hard mode the character still needs to be able to tackle it :)

The sunglasses are so cool :cool:

18. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    OK ill cap it at 20 for now, we can always raise it later but people would get annoyed if we lowered it later. btw did you get Old Ben?

19. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    Nope didn't get him... how is it supposed to work? I didn't receive a code?

20. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #80 sobriquet, Mar 9, 2017
    Sorry, one more question. Can all of the characters be unlocked through game play or do some require using the random draft?

Edit: never mind. Found the answer in the game on the character select screen. Duh. Thanks anyway.