Universal Smash Club (by Four Fats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2017.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    That's it! Thanks! It was driving me crazy! :D

Definitely an awesome touch!

2. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Hey there devs! You have made a great game, it is a pleasure to play it, like all your other ones. :)

Really love the 3D aspect to it. One slight problem i encountered though is that the button to jump and the button to attack are 'inverted' compared to your other games. In Super Boys the 'B' button, to jump, is on the left and the 'A' button, to attack, is on the right. It is the same in Blackmoor. I know this game has 4 buttons on the right side of the screen (X, Y, A, B). X and Y seem to be in the correct position, but the jump button has been put on the right and the attack button downwards. So the jump button is on the right and the attack button is on the left, the opposite of your other games.

As a regular player of your other games I am confused by this and sometimes attack instead of jumping, and the opposite. It would make sense to inverse the A and B button's position. I don't know if I'm the only one that is bothered by this but yeah that's my recommendation :)

What you could do is have it in the options menu, have an option to reverse A and B buttons.

Apart from this the game is great and I am loving it ! We find the same recurring characters, which is great, and the interactions with the environment makes it fun. Speaking of which I have a small question: some of the the smaller crates you can pick up and throw (not the ones with a question mark on them), won't break sometimes, and sometimes will break when you throw them. Is there any way to be certain they will break when thrown?

3. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    That was my bad in the first place to make it BA in blackmoor and superboys bcos this was the opposite to most other games, I will fix this issue ASAP with some options for button configs

For the crates that you can pickup and chuck, they break after three chucks. That includes when enemies throw them too.

I'm so relieved to hear so many of our older supporters approve of this game, we had some twists and turns and big changes of direction for this game, we were going to launch it half a year ago but didnt feel completely happy so we drastically changed large parts of the game, that's why some modes and features were ditched.

4. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    Thank you, other than that it is looking great! :D

Well I love all of your games and yes, although this one is different from the others, I think it is creative and original.

On another note, also love the Toon Shooters 2 update, the new maps are brilliant :) Just can't figure how to rank up haha, but working on it :p

5. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    I've run into a bug, when you want to join a lobby and there's too many people inside it, Timothy will say "Too many people", but then you can't close the dialog box (the 'ok' button doesn't work when you press it). The only way to proceed is to force quit and relaunch the app.

Here's a screenshot [​IMG]

6. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011

7. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    We've fixed that one, the update is on its way. Hope its soon. Cool are you from England? thats my birthplace!

8. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015

9. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011

10. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    The new school graphical treatment with all the Moof characters represented (and a few new ones?) in an awesome brawler....holy schnikees did I grab the $4 upgrade quickly. Another hit from Moof....nothing but love devs!! ###

11. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    #51 decript, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Really fun game. I agree with a lot of the praise already mentioned. I do wish there were more IAP options, like just the ability to earn continues without the character unlocks.

I have a couple questions though:
    1-What is the point to levelling up the characters?
    2-What is money used for besides just upgrading the weapons? The '? Box' doesn't drop often so I rarely see these items. What does upgrading them do?
    3-How exactly do I unlock more characters? Do I get one every few missions until I beat the game and then have to buy the rest?

12. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    #52 [email protected], Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    1. Levelling up characters will increase their damage, hp and AI aggression. It might not be very obvious at the moment so we should revisit this feature and improve it.
    2. Most importantly the money can be used to draft characters. As you spend money to upgrade your weapons, their damage will increase. This is another feature that we need to improve on.
    3. Apart from getting a free draft from beating every few stages, There is a draft button on the top left of the character screen.

Im glad you are enjoying the game, let us know if you run into other issues or if you hit a difficulty brick wall.

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Sorry if I'm missing it but is there any way to resize the buttons? I'm really struggling with them on the iPad, they're far too big and uncomfortable which is a real shame because I'm thoroughly enjoying the rest of it.

14. Tempestyze

Nov 22, 2015
    Damn I am loving this game. Love the football pitch map, it's so realistic ! Also love the items, I picked up a motorbike and I was running down enemies with it and jumping it was so fun haha... I also made a stupid mistake: threw a bomb, but missed, then I dodged to the side and my own bomb killed me :D

Good to see Toby back too, he was my favorite character in Blackmoor :)

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Love Mooff. My only gripe is that the games tend to be on the grindy side a little, but I guess devs should be able to do some money, which is fair.

Gonna give it a try and unlock the premium stuff.

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Anyone else would very much like to have a Why Five Stars?

17. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    This iz juz getting started & look what they R giving us so far

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Thinking of unlock premium... this game deserve it imho

19. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Wow thanks guys over in the states for rating us 4.9 star - don't remember any of our games doing this well!

I couldn't find the Game Informer review of Arcade or GBA Double Dragon but I did find their article on the original story of Double Dragon which is really interesting! Turns out it was set in a post apocalyptic future, with hints of Mad Max and characters with strange skin colour - i.e green Abobo boss!
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/28/the-true-story-of-double-dragon.aspx

There will be in an update shortly, Im almost done on working on the issues and suggestions list and will release an update v soon, heres what we have so far:

1) Option to change button size
    2) Option to change button layout: diamond, square & Mooff classic
    3) Bug where you cant draft Old Ben
    4) Last selected character is the one you control
    5) Clearer indication of your weapon and character upgrades - it will show the damage done in game.

20. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Two quick questions for the dev:

You've said you can play with a team at or below your star level, correct? Since you begin the game with 2 stars, you should be able to form a team out of the two 1 star characters you start with. I have no idea how to select a second character. Sooo-how do you do it?

Team level-I've beaten 4 levels and the bar is still blank. Why is this? I've quit playing incase this is a bug preventing my progression.

Thanks in advance!