Universal Smash Club (by Four Fats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 2, 2017.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

:/ I don't have enough space on device, so I was asking... :(

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok fair enough, just seems like you're always asking for impressions on free games which just seems weird when you could be playing it yourself instead. #But juggling device memory limits is tough so I apologize for jumping on you :eek:

To answer your question, this game is really good if you like old-school beat 'em ups like Double Dragon. Really captures the feel of them well and there's a TON of characters and variety. Mooff makes super quality games so chances are if you like the genre one of their games is in then you'll like their version of it. I guess my main criticism is I prefer their 2D art to the 3D models, but the 3D stuff does have its own charm.

3. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Thankyou very much. :D

Love Mooff games :D

4. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    I was thinking adjustable buttons would be good, too.
    I'm on a Mini, and they're fine, but I can't imagine using them easily on the big iPad Pro.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Downloading... got all mooff games except for the previous one... I got to look back on it...

6. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Haha I'll give you an exclusive look into the sequel of Blackmoor before the Spring is out :) It's going to have all 2D chars again (but better looking), will keep some 3D environment. One of the more ambitious things is that we're going to offer a mario-maker dungeon builder for players.. but that's another thread I guess.

On Smash Club I'm trying to keep up with everything as usual just quiet from all the reading/reviews/BUGS (and we also did a content update on toon shooters 2 that Im tracking)

7. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #27 Intendro, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of the team thing.

How about an option to have the buttons arranged like a square?
    In this order:

XY
    AB

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Ok, I tried it.

Everybody interested in brawler games should try this game.

For me is 5 stars by now.

9. HelperMonkey

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Two things I would love:
    -A block or dodge button
    -Some way that enemies wouldn't hide outside the edges of the screen (zoom out? Or fence us in?)

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Game Center achievements are broken. Unlocks wrong.

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Was getting frustrated on the first few levels, but stuck with it and got the hang of it.

This game takes me back. Fantastic brawler. Once it clicks it's not just a button masher.

12. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Could you tell me which ones? So far we found and fixed the killing 2000 enemies bug.

Thanks for the suggestions, Im trying out improvements for fencing in right now. As for blocking, currently the crouch acts as a block by pulling down on the joystick, but that only works on the 2D platformer stages. Only Bishop and Agent have dodge/escape type moves atm. Im afraid that we have already introduced too many buttons so its tricky to fit in more moves, someone suggested tapping forward to run, and there is also the idea of bringing back the fireball gesture command (down, forward + A) but things could get fiddly.

I did try that just now believing that its better, but I feel that users may have gotten used to the current layout, we might add an option to choose your layout but we still need to figure out which is the best default one.

13. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Only that achievement so far.

14. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Didn't I say "option" when I suggested it? :p Anyway, please add the option.

Personally, I'd put the square layout as default. But if it could be changed then I don't think it matters too much.

15. HelperMonkey

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Understandable.
    What if holding down the jump button let you block temporarily? (one or two hits)
    It's not vital, of course. Just something I wish I could do when I'm surrounded.

16. HelperMonkey

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    By the way, I was excited to hear you mention the sequel to Blackmoor!
    This is great, but of the styles of the classic games I enjoyed the Blackmoor types more. (And frankly, you guys cranked things up even better than the old stuff.)

17. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Wow! This game is both brutally difficult and awesome at the same time! I haven't had this much fun since playing beat 'em ups at the arcade back in the day. This is a lot like Double Dragon, but I'd also say it has a good helping of Final Fight and 64th Street: A Detective Story. If any of those titles bring back fond memories then you're going to be grinning from ear to ear the first time you pick up a phone booth to throw at an on coming thug. :D Needless to say, I spent the $3.99 to unlock the premium stuff. It's totally worth it plus I wanted to support these awesome developers! Great job!

18. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I have to ask, is the guy's laugh sample from the movie Death Wish? You know, the one in the beginning who takes your girl? It just sounded so very familiar. Kudos if it was! :D

19. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    LOL it's from Robocop after the black guy pulls a fast one and knocks out officer Lewis. If you go on YouTube and search robocop black guy laugh u will see it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WpdzsR38Qqk

20. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    That sounds like it will work, I'll try that out.