Universal Smash Bandits Racing - (by Hutch Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 14, 2013.

1. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    This update took away my tokens and made me replay the tutorial.

However, the van is pretty good, as well as the new commentary.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    That's a save sync problem. Close app, reboot phone and try again. It happened to me when deleting the NZ version and installing the SP version, but I got my savegame back in the end.

@Hutch: I hear a "ding ding" sound when using the A-team van, as if it had run out of fuel. Is this intended or a bug? After 3-4 minutes it seems to go, but it's a bit nasty.

3. PsYcHoNoVa

Oct 20, 2013
    
    Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work.

That "dinging" is annoying. It's a bummer there isn't a way to unlock the van (like smashing pumpkins to unlock the Halloween HR) other than purchasing it.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, it's a one-time IAP and a good way to support the devs. It's not that expensive either. I loathe consumable IAP's, but I've spent so many hours on this game that I wanted to support the devs somehow. The A-team van is a good way, and it's a one time IAP :)

The savegame issue didn't get solved the first time around. Try setting the phone offline, open the game, set the phone online and open game again. I think that's what helped in my case.

5. Jay@Hutch

Jay@Hutch Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Dev at Hutch Games
    London UK
    Sorry you have had issues. If you can please email [email protected] with details of the problem you encountered and support might be able to help.

The sound you are hearing is the army vehicle sirens, they will be changed to something better in the next update.

Thanks for the comments and feedback folks, as usual any and all feedback/suggestions are welcome. Hope you enjoy the A-Team and stay tuned for more updates.

Cheers!
    Jay

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The Knight Rider, Jay, I want the Knight Rider :D

7. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    But the original Trans Am (Knight Rider) from the 80's!

• The DeLorean from Back To The Future!
    •Steve McQueen's Mustang Fastback GT from the movie Bullitt!
    •Gone in 60 Seconds (1974), the Ford Mustang II Fastback Mach1 (codename: Eleanor)
    • The black Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1976 from the movie Smokey And The Bandit

etc. ... (There're so many great "Movie & TV" cars)

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    What about Herbie? :(

9. PsYcHoNoVa

Oct 20, 2013
    
    #149 PsYcHoNoVa, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    I don't like it enough to buy it.
    I figured out the problem after re-downloading the game onto my phone. It's an easy fix to get the game back on my iPad.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #150 VirtualBoyFreak, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    If you can get the game back on your iPad, then you can use iExplorer or similar to transfer the savegame to the PC and then to the iPhone.

I enjoy the game a lot, and I quite like the A-team van, that's why I bought the IAP. I'd love to have the option of being the police, as in Smash Cops but with the advantage of random maps. That's why I never really dug into Smash Cops too much: always the same maps with the cars on the same place. Smash Bandits is so much better in that aspect. That's why I find it has a lot of replayability: you against the clock, to see how much you resist before being caught.

What I notice (iPhone 4S) is that after 10-15 minutes in a race, the game begins to suffer from slowdowns/hiccups, specially when crashing against police controls (when the camera changes). I'm not sure if a phone reboot would would help avoiding them, but they happen.

Agree! Specially with the original Trans Am comment :D You can also add the "Tron-ish" Lamborghini from the Automan series to that list ;)

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Wow! Lambo Agency car available in the last update! Yes!

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So excited for the update

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Me too. A pity that it's getting ads, but at least you can remove them for $2. I've played so much that it's worth it.

The only "but" I can think of is: if they remade all the timer things, will we still get those black cop cars when the wanted level was at 10? I kind of enjoyed those crazy chases.

14. Jay@Hutch

Jan 4, 2012
    Dev at Hutch Games
    London UK
    Hi folks, glad you are looking forward to the update!

To clarify, the black Agency cars will still come after you when you are at max wanted!

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fantastic! I'll check now to see if the update is live. EDIT: not yet. I'll go to sleep and check tomorrow.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    How is the Wanted system going to work post-update?

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    So will this update release worldwide at midnight?

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Guess not.

19. Jay@Hutch

Jan 4, 2012
    Dev at Hutch Games
    London UK
    The wanted system works as it currently does unless you are playing the new race mode. In race mode the wanted system is disabled and will not go up higher, any current accrued wanted level will continue to drop over time as per normal though.

The update is currently in Apple submission. We are hoping to get it out at some point today.

20. Jay@Hutch

Jan 4, 2012
    Dev at Hutch Games
    London UK
    Unfortunately we are unable to release the update this week and are now aiming for release early next week. Ill keep you posted on its status. Thanks for your patience Bandits!