Universal Smash Bandits Racing - (by Hutch Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Sigh.....

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Finally, it's already out.

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Looked alright When I played my first two games, then I noticed that only the first two cars can be bought with coins and that the rest are unlocked with the premium currency :p oh well deleted and waiting for asphalt later on :D

4. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ipod touch 4G compatible?

Anyone try it on ipod 4G?

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The "premium" currency is still earned in game by levelling up and completed challenges, its not exclusively iap and is quite easy (freemium wise) to earn.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh! Thanks guess ill keep it for now then, just jumping to the extreme conclusion when I see a few different types of currency in free2play games.

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That's cool but I'd still like to know how bad the timers are. Of course, the mere existence of timers makes me want to steer clear.

8. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Anyone knows how the timer work? I can play 5 games and then I have to wait 30 minutes ?! :confused:

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #49 Rip73, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Ah, sher, you know yourself, all wait timers always create a bad impression at first sight.

As to the lawyer thing for 50 chips (they look like poker chips to me), I can't say because I never bought it, so I don't know exactly what it does to the timers. I'd imagine it has a more prolonged effect and I'll probably get it if its a considerable timer by pass type thing.
    But to be clear, I don't know yet.

As for the two chips to bribe a cop, or wait fifteen minutes, well earning chips seems to be relatively easy. Levelling up gives a chip. Completing challenges gives a chip (varies per challenge). And so on. Never seemed like a problem to get them.
    The only place where a problem is possible is in relation to chips for higher tier car but again earning chips hasn't been an issue and if the dev earns through people buying the Hennessy Venom, well, I'll buy that if its a reasonable price. Or just grind away, but if I'm still enjoying it, it won't really be a grind.

I personally never hit a problem where I needed more chips to bribe a cop. I always had em but I'm slightly ocd in the completing challenges department. I don't really see any problem after two hours of play and no waiting yet
    How it gets after that, I can't say but if I didn't hit a problem yet, well, that must be okay.
    Maybe I'm just less critical though.

The best advice I can give, is its free anyway, try it out. Just earn the chips and use them to bribe cops or get the lawyer when you have enough and if you hit a timer and have no chips and that stops play, just delete it and they'll get the message to rebalance because daily usage numbers are extremely important these days and a reduction in those numbers has far greater impact than any forum.

I'm pretty confident most will enjoy it though and some simply wont give it a chance once they see the timer, but bear in mind if you have chips (and realistically you should) the timer doesn't actually stop you playing.

One last thing, don't bother to use them in the beginning to continue with a run. Its somewhat poinless unless you're trying to complete one of the challenges (the steal a cop car one for example) or have an abundance of them which you probably will later in the game.

10. Really looking forward to trying this and Asphalt 8 out today!

11. Mysticpete

Nov 26, 2012
    Installed size?

hey, can anyone who has downloaded it already, tell me what the install size is?
    ( smash cops games increase to around 500mb mark)

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the explanation! Sounds worthy of giving it a go. Even though this isn't "huge", space is at a premium, though. So I'll have to see where I'm at after Asphalt 8 hits stateside.

13. Zentatsu

Zentatsu Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Philippines
    Not completely sure but it states that lawyer will only kick you out in jail and increase your maximum wanted level to 10 permanently, so timer isn't remove after that.

14. Mysticpete

Nov 26, 2012
    So, i think i wont be able to try this as i only have a ipod 4G :(
    But, does anyone else think this is kinda like Reckless Getaway? (but more expansive)

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Similar-ish

But then again you could say Reckless Getaway is similar to Spy Hunter (or any vertical driving game)

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Only a few games in and I'm already worrying too much about managing my resources rather than enjoying the gameplay.

Gutted. I loved the first game. This leaves me feeling cold.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Sigh I am starting to really hate all of this freemium nonsense.

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    That PS Vita price drop announced yesterday is starting to look pretty tempting, especially with my stockpile of Vita games from my PS Plus subscription.

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I went down that road already and didnt like it. I just want more premium games is all.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have just bought the second car with money and have noticed that the third car now shows a price in chips AND money. Therefore, I guess that if you buy the cars in order, you can buy all of them with normal money instead of chips.

Therefore, if what I think about the double currency of cars is true, buying the lawyer to have 10 most wanted slots instead of 5 would be the most adviceable way of going onwards towards avoiding timers.

My suggestion to the dev towards converting the game to premium "no timers" with an IAP would be an "ultra lawyer" which would always get you out of jail, therefore eliminating the sheriff counter. You could even have an "ultra mechanic" who fits car updates and power ups at half the price. Just a suggestion.

Of course, there's still the grinding aspect of the game towards buying more cars, car updates, etc., but it's the game itself. There's little more to do than running away from the police as long as possible and collecting money towards the next run.

On a side note, this game could use iCloud. Now I'll have to transfer my savegame to the Spanish version of the game using iExplorer or a similar tool :p