iPhone Small World 2 (By Asmodee Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Yep, update is awesome and makes the game feel much closer to its physical counterparts! I already owned the other expansions but it is a no brainier to drop the $5 just to get the mini expansion. Besides, this is still cheaper to buy than the physical copy I own!

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Done! I just woke up and immediately had to get the update started :)

3. bazola

bazola Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Check out my video of Small World 2!

5 player vs the AI, and then a multiplayer match towards the end.

Love this game!

4. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Watching Wil Wheaton's Tabletop episode definitely helped. Won my first game against 3 bots with 99 points.

This would be the first kickstarter project I've ever supported that has come to fruition.

5. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I've been waiting for this to finally show up for a long long while now, and it didn't disappoint! :) I really hope this gives them the attention they need/deserve to put out Underground and Realms on iOS... Maybe even the Tunnels, Leaders and Necromancer Island! This now finally has such awesome momentum behind it! So much potential for more stuff in the future! :D I just played a game on the updated app and lost in a 5-player battle by just 2 points... Back to training... :D

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    So far it looks great. I need to charge my iPad for an online gaming session tonight. Just curious why is Be Not Afraid $4.99 and the other two expansion packs $2.99 a piece?

7. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    #307 vaelsh, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    I think it's because Be Not Afraid is a bigger expansion and the other two are smaller in content (more like mini-expansions) from what I remember...

Contents of Great Dames and Curses!: http://www.daysofwonder.com/smallworld/en/expansions/

Contents of Be Not Afraid: http://www.daysofwonder.com/smallworld/en/be-not-afraid/

I own all of the expansions for the app and they are superb! Be Not Afraid adds some cool classes and abilities to the mix! :D

Anyone want to play a game or two? :)

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I kickstarted this and can't wait to load it up. I have never played the game before so I'll be learning for a while, but then will be up for online.

9. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Awesome! I wish beyond belief that I had Kickstarted it but I didn't have the funds at the time! :) It would be sort of cool if those races and abilities from the Royal Bonus became available down the line some point because they are awesome from what I have played so far! At least I get to try them out if I am playing with someone who got it by backing it! :D

10. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

Same here ; anyone who wants to play Small World multiplayer feel free to add me , my GC ID is [=Aventador=] ( just please add that you're from TA or write Small World 2 ) , might learn a thing or two from you veterans, or just have fun with other players new to game like me.

11. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    How did you get multiple players against the bot. It seems to me that playing solo you can add bots but not more than 1 person and pass and play or across the table just two people. I would like to play with 2 people, my roomate and myself against 3 bots but can not figure out how. Sorry for the stupid question, but there it is....thanks in advance. Also are there beginners online or just veterans? Are there lots of adults or just a bunch of foul-mouthed prepubesents?

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Folk,

Who wants to help me figure out if I'm losing my mind (well, more than normal)?

I swear if I ever see "Were" or "Leprechaun" they're paired together.

If any of you play an online match in which both of these items were in the power/race list but NOT paired together, please let me know!

Thanks!

13. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Oops did not look close enough, pass and play gives more than 1 person and bots going. Still what about the competition online? Beginners? Adults? Families (which would probably be good)

14. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I've played a game or two where that hasn't happened. I actually haven't seen that combo yet. Crazy Leprechauns! :D

15. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

You owned me in both matches.At least I learned some new strategies from it, but what you did with Gypsies is beyond any words ;)

16. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Yeah Gypsies are one of my favorites because you get paid to leave regions. You basically get double coins if you do it right. :D There are so many strategies I haven't even explored yet! As you said there is so much more flexibility with Small World 2 than something like Eclipse! :)

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This feels like a really stupid question, but I just read the rules again and still saw no mention of how the game ends!! How? I just played a game and after a while it ended, but I'm not sure why?

The game mechanics are simple enough, but all those race combos make it a lot more complicated. But first I'd just like to know how it ends. LOL!

18. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    The game ends after 9 rounds. Person with the most victory coins at the end of those nine rounds wins.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Thanks! You'd think they'd state that clearly in the rules and/or tutorial video, but I sure didn't see it.

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Well they do at least show the turn number out of total turns up top, like "7/9" on your 7th turn.