Universal Slydris 2 (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    You are right ! activating flight mode , makes the game playable again !
    You were also right about me living in Europe and having the euro. Did not have to change that to make the game playable in flight mode

2. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Thanks for the confirmation. 1.04 will be submitted in about 10 minutes. The changes:

* Fixed crash with 1.03 in some non-US regions
    * Battery Saver Mode (in More Options)
    * Add some safety checks to prevent more unlikely crashes in the future
    * Removed skip counter in Ultimate mode on options screen

3. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I do not want hijack this thread , but are you also willing to look into pivotol? I also have lots of crashes in pivotol. Pressing the + symbol for example , always crashes the game to the homescreen.

Thanks for the quick fix for Slydris 2

4. radiangames

Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Yes, I will definitely fix Pivotol. Now doubt it's the same issue. Sorry about that! I will get to it sometime this week for sure (once I'm able to eat, I'm basically almost laying down, barely functioning, in my chair to get Slydris 2 1.04 submitted). Thanks for the help in narrowing it down everyone!

5. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Thanks . Relax , no hurry ☺️

6. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Going into flightmode fixes pivotol problems too !!

7. radiangames

Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    1.04 is now live. Let me know if it doesn't fix the crash issue.

8. LionForests

LionForests Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Issue fixed, thank you for your reactivity.
    Just a thing, the game is way slower in Battery Saver mode. Maybe it's on purpose...

Anyway, take care of yourself above all!

9. radiangames

Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Sorry about the slow battery mode. I only tested that on a regular iPad3 because I was in a rush, and that gets the slowdown fixed another way (and it's a little slow still, but not as bad). Next time I update (within a week or so) I'll be sure to fix the issue and test on some newer devices too.

Luke

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Luke,

This game is so good! For some reason this gameplay really clicks with me. I've never been as high up in the leaderboards in something as I am in both on Slydris 2, so that's been cool. But really, just a lot of fun. Good work! Can't wait for the Android version!!!

radiangames likes this.
  11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Was also wondering about this. Sometimes the button appears left central of the playfield and sometimes then disappears and reappears. This may be obvious, but what is this button's significance and schedule?

Great job again, Luke. Another classic from Radiangames!

12. radiangames

Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    It appears when you have less than X lines. I think X is 8. It used to be 4 or 5. That's the only significance of it appearing. It's just a shortcut some players like to use if they don't want to move things. It's also theoretically possible you have nothing to move (you could clear everything, and the top line can't be moved).

I guess I didn't say: The button drops stuff without having to move the blocks. My wife has said I should make the icon more obvious. She might be right, but I might also just put the words "DROP!" below it if you have less than Y lines (Y = 3 or lower).

Guise and Lull4by like this.
  13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Hey Luke, know it’s off topic but any chance we could see some images or video from the racing game you have coming in a few weeks?

Super curious about it since it’s so different than your other games so far!

14. radiangames

Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Not yet. I should have a trailer next week. If I don't, the game is in danger of slipping into January. I've prototyped a decent amount of the game previously, but right now the project is in the middle of finishing all the core systems to be more robust and able to handle the creation of infinite highways and a lot more data and elements for the game. 100% of my focus is finally on the racing game though, so I should make progress quickly. Trust me, I want to see the game in action as much as anyone. All the pieces are getting there, it's just a matter of time.

aussiepaul and anthony78 like this.
  15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    My high score is 3,592. What is yours?

16. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    New hi; 4706.

17. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
  18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I can't believe the developer would get rid of a premium and polished title like Slydris 2 and instead promote much worse looking free to play game without an option to remove ads like Blocks. Radiangames was one of my favorite developers. I own and love every single premium game from them, but removing Slydris 2 from the App Store was ridiculous and just plain wrong. How do you expect me to buy anything else from you if there's a chance of it to dissappear after 6 months? I'm so disappointed!

Radiangames NEWS

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Don't forget this is the developer that had to quit making games for several years because his (extremely critically acclaimed) paid games weren't paying the bills.

Anyway, does Slydris 2 no longer work on your device?

20. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Boardumb, that’s the thing.. I wouldn’t know, cause my new iPad just arrived and there’s no way for me to install the game as it’s no longer listed under my purchased items.