Slow Website Lately

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by schplurg, May 17, 2010.

1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Site just slowed to an almost stand still for me. Took a look at the clock...yep, midnight.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
  3. schplurg

Ya I know, I post here periodically (this thread) and it's still the same. Every night at exactly midnight TA slows to an almost standstill. They must be doing a backup or auto-maintenence of some sort at that time. I stay up too late anyways ;)

4. schplurg

Site still comes to a dead stop after midnight. This is an old thread but it's still relevant and has been ever since I started it.

I don't know if it's the forum side bar that's doing it or what, but every page here either loads extreeeeemely slow or not at all between midnight and 12:30 am. California time.

Whenever a page is having an issue I figure "Ah, must be after 12:00"....check the clock....yep, it is. Just fyi.

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    haha. Happens to me too. I live in California as well and when midnight strikes TA usually slows down. Funny thing is, it's 3am here right now and it's working fine.

6. schplurg

It's only slow for me for a little while...maybe half an hour. I guess it's good that I notice..it means I'm here waaaay too much ;)

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    haha. I know what you mean. ;)

8. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    pretty sure it has to do with the automated backups that occur overnight.

things should improve from that standpoint shortly.

arn

9. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Totally forgot you existed.

10. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    hmm very slow on this side.. roughly 80% timeouts over the last days.. could not find a specific time of day where the connection was "stable".. maybe has something todo with the isp (alice/hansenet) here but every other website i frequent works like always.. *shrug*