Apple TV SlotZ Racer 2 and Tiny TrackZ

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by Zwilnik, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Aaron from Strange Flavour here. We've been busy and both SlotZ Racer 2 and Tiny TrackZ are launch titles on the Apple TV (Any Landing should be there by next week too).

All our Apple TV games are Universal Purchase. So if you've bought the iOS version you already own the Apple TV version.

Both games sync cross platform over iCloud (we're busy updating the iOS versions) and you can create tracks and customize cars in the iOS version of SlotZ Racer and race them on your TV.

SlotZ Racer can be played 1-4 player on the Apple TV, which is great on the big screen (especially as we've upped all the textures and model detail) up to 2 players sharing the Siri Remote and up to 4 players if you have 1 or 2 MFI game controllers. I'm also going to be adding the ability to control the game from the iOS version in a near future update.

Links to iOS versions.
    SlotZ Racer 2 HD by Strange Flavour Ltd.
    https://appsto.re/gb/B84aE.i

Tiny TrackZ by Strange Flavour Ltd.
    https://appsto.re/gb/qpH-4.i

I'm on my iPhone away from my Mac at the moment so I'll have to add some screenshots tomorrow.

2. Zwilnik

Some screens from SlotZ Racer 2 and Tiny TrackZ. Any Landing coming soon!

Attached Files:

3. jasenj1

jasenj1 Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Thanks. It will be interesting to see how developers handle the different platforms. The iOS devices support multi-touch - and now ForceTouch. Will we see editors on the iOS devices and aTV become a "play only" platform? I imagine mapping all the inputs from one platform to the other will be a bit challenging.

4. Zwilnik

For SlotZ Racer it was more practical to leave the editing off the TV as the editors were designed specifically around the iPhone and iPad touchscreen so it wouldn't have been particularly practical to directly convert it to Apple TV control.

For future games, where we're directly designing them with Apple TV in mind, I can see the editors being feasible on the Apple TV version, but possibly using your iPhone as an input device. It all depends on the game and the editor of course. It may well be that for something where the editor is relatively simple, the remote may be quite practical.