iPad SlotZ Racer – 1.1 Preview (mega update!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zwilnik, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

#1 Zwilnik, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    Aaron from Strange Flavour here :)

I've just posted a short video previewing some of the new features in the SlotZ Racer 1.1 update. There's a lot more in there, but this shows off a few of the good ones :) As per usual, it'll be a free update for anyone who's already bought the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsUFXK4W7g

[hqyoutube]ecsUFXK4W7g[/hqyoutube]

2. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
  3. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    can't wait for it. this is one of my favorite games yet and it has such a low price tag

4. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Very good update. I love the track manager, the new camera modes and the new cars are sweet. Class work.

5. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Woot! Looks good...

6. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    (drooling on keyboard)

Man, this just went from one of the most fun games to one of the most polished games!

Awesome job!

Btw, we'll definitely have to set up an "official" thread of TA forum members' codes for each other! (Or maybe just include them in our signatures if we want.)

7. Zwilnik

The track codes for any tracks you've downloaded show in the track selector screen when you're viewing that track. So you can take a screenshot with the track and the code to download it if you want to show it off anywhere.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Sh!t, you guys keep flooding me with content I'm not gonna have time for any other games!;)

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
  10. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    what a tremendous game. heck of an update it looks like too

11. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I think the additions to the track editor looks really nice, anything with loops? Or new car bodies?...

12. Zwilnik

Loops and stunt bits are planned for 1.2 as they involve a lot of heavier engine modifications (they're also a bit more HotWheels than slot car racing, but they're fun ;) ). You can do some pretty crazy tracks with the 4 bridge heights though.

There are 4 new unlockable car types in 1.1, 1 of which is a reward for completing all 15 championships.

13. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Sweet, Sounds good. This update looks to be plenty of additions to keep me occupied for the time being...

14. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Haven't seen the video because it's not iPod ready yet. But two questions;

1. I suggested to a producer that you try using better bigger assets for the cars in game. This way like in trail camera the graphics look better. Did u guys try this like I was told?

2. And about when can we expect this update?

Thanks. :)

15. Zwilnik

1. yes :) (it uses the slightly larger podium textures when trailing. any larger and you start hitting memory issues)
    2. as soon as it get through the submission process :)

16. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    1. yes!! the producer showed me the texture from the menu; and it was pretty big. yet the in game one was really small. so im glad it got a bit bigger but not big enough for memory issues.

2. awesome!!!!

oh and i just saw the video. yes sharing tracks!!! and track supports (i suggested that to the producer too!) thanks!

17. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    p.s; just saw ur sig. im wondering where u hide the musical instrument this time too. but i will look closely at the crowd (thats what it was in the video right?) to make sure there r no flashers. :)

18. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Impressive! Now, we just need WIFI multiplayer off different devices, so each player can freely control the camera...

19. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    wait my brain is slow today. is there any kind of wifi multiplayer in this update? :eek:

20. Zwilnik

No, but you can send tracks over Wifi to another iPod.

Wifi multiplayer is planned for the 1.2 (we want to make sure it's spot on before letting it loose ;) ).